It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red army to receive 250 new types of weaponry in 2006

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by prelude
The fact is that you can hardly bear the fact that Red army is regaining her lost glory .

What lost glory?

Hungary? Prague? Afghanistan?

What has the "Red Army" done lately?

Their only deployment on active service that wasn't international peacekeeping is into Chechnya and when I read the definition of "glorious" I don't picture the thumping defeat Aslan Maskhadov handed the Russian Army.

I certainly don't think of glory when I look at the photos of Grozny.

The only thing distinguishing the Russian Army from the Russian Navy is that the Army doesn't own submarines and therefore cannot drown entire units.

But they can kill dozens of hostages.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
L24, because I call the March 18, 2003 endeavor, the Second Punitive Expedition to Iraq, what are you referring to as “Gulf War 3?" As long as Geo W is the leader of America, no country can afford to trust the US on survival issues. And we are blessed/damned to that condition until January 20, 2009. Which I have called a serious American Constitutional flaw. To be able to govern without responsibility or accountability.

Sorry, that "Gulf War 3" phrase is sort of an elitist fashion where I am

Nevertheless, it would be the correct sequence since one of these wars lead to the next:
Gulf War 1: The Iran-Iraq war (and actually the only one that really involved the Persian Gulf
Gulf War 2: Desert Shield/Storm
Gulf War 3: the current Iraq war mess

What I was referring to is the situation the Galileo program found itself in in early 2000´s... An intelligent program which however lost the necessary impetus. It was lost in budget shortage and conflicting national and political interests of Europe, and after 9/11 it seemed that the more important thing was to stand together under the NATO umbrella to fight the first real enemy after the Soviets (and one that actually attacked...). All the statements of "unconditional solidarity with the USA" were NOT political bantering.

After the Bush administration however very clearly showed that the American nation without hesitation would follow American interests and "values" alone, and even go so far to willfully and arbitrarily try and divide the European nations, it became clear that the transatlantic relationship were not to be 100% trusted any more from the European POV. In the course of that development the Galileo program suddenly became top priority again because the european governments were painfully aware that the US´ unilateralism might know no limit once S would HTF.

This not only brought the participating nations together at the table again, but actually sped up Galileo insofar that it is only little behind the original schedule. About the accountability: well, I don´t think that this is the place to discuss the issues the Americans themselves should (and are) aware of themselves. Nevertheless we Europeans might be thankful of George the Lesser´s rule in the long run considering all the developments that were boosted by the political alienation of core Europe.

[edit on 21/6/2006 by Lonestar24]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted by Lonestar24

posted by donwhite

what are you referring to as “Gulf War 3?"
[Edited by Don W]

That "Gulf War 3" phrase is sort of an elitist fashion where I am. Nevertheless, it would be the correct sequence since one of these wars lead to the next:
Gulf War 1: The Iran-Iraq war (the only one that involved the Persian Gulf)
Gulf War 2: Desert Shield/Storm
Gulf War 3: the current Iraq war mess
[Edited by Don W]

OK, L24, now I understand. I kinda thought that might be the way you were counting. Iran under SAVAK never had the brutal and inhuman government Iraq suffered under but we “hated” the Iranians so much for the 1979 humiliation we’d lay down with the devil to get even. That ought to cast doubt that the “October Surprise” we Dems accused Messrs. Casey and Reagan was probably exaggerated if not plainly wrong. Rumsfeld would not have been selling WMDs to Iraq if there had been that earlier accommodation with Iran.

I was referring to is the Galileo situation in early 2000́s. The Bush administration showed America would follow American interests and "values" alone, and arbitrarily try and divide the European nations; it became clear that the transatlantic relationship was not to be 100% trusted from the European POV. The European governments were painfully aware that the US unilateralism might know no limit once the S would HTF. This brought the participating nations together . . actually sped up Galileo so that it is only a little behind the original schedule.
[Edited by Don W]

Republicans have traditionally been “anti” on foreign relations. It’s endemic to GOPs. Geo W’s insulting speech to the UN warning them his vision of the world is “either with us or against us” and he didn’t seem to care much which way any nation went. He backed up that attitude with John Bolton. I say again, we all must suffer through until Jan. 20, 2009.

[edit on 6/21/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

The fact is that you can hardly bear the fact that Red army is regaining her lost glory .

What lost glory?

Their only deployment on active service that wasn't international peacekeeping is into Chechnya and when I read the definition of "glorious" I don't picture the thumping defeat Aslan Maskhadov handed the Russian Army.

The only thing distinguishing the Russian Army from the Russian Navy is that the Army doesn't own submarines and therefore cannot drown entire units.

Sorry friend I cant help you to understand what was glory for the Red Army...Coz for understanding that you need to be educated...and to get you educated is not my responsiblity but the responsiblity of your government.

As for others who are educated : the GLORY THAT THE RED ARMY INHERITS IS HIGHER THAN ANY (i repeat ANY) ARMY in this world.......RED army was the ONLY army in this world that was able to stop the Nazis(with all those "if"s abd "But"s) ....It was they who defeated the Germans in the battle of Stalingrad which marked the Turning point of the WW2 and it was they who captured Berlin to mark the end of the war .
The Red Army deserves the glory of saving the humanity from Nazism..and that glory is more than enough to cover all these half-educated propagandas by the Western Media (Hungary, Baltics, Beslan and Chechnia )

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted by prelude

Sorry friend I cant help you to understand what was glory for the Red Army . . to get you educated is not my responsibility but the responsibility of your government.

As for others who are educated: the GLORY THE RED ARMY INHERITS IS HIGHER THAN ANY ARMY in the world . . Red Army was the ONLY army in this world that was able to stop the Nazis (with all those "if"s and "But"s) . . It was they who defeated the Germans in the battle of Stalingrad which marked the Turning Point of the WW2 and it was they who captured Berlin to mark the end of the war . . “ [Edited by Don W]

The American version of history tends to blur the sacrifice and accomplishments of the Red Army into an anti-Stalin tirade. We also co-mingle the blame for the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact of 1939 which was a dishonorable treaty. That was the deal between Hitler and Stalin to divide Poland. The Soviets did not initiate that treaty, and it is arguable that Stalin got the best deal he could, in the interest of Mother Russia. However, this did not excuse Stalin from the murder of 15,000 Polish Army officers. By the KGB, not the Red Army. But again, American's tend to blur history. We’re sort of like 53 million clones of George Bush, Jr. Too much white powder.

There is so much burden from Stalin for Russia to carry it is hard for non-Russians to appreciate the victory in the Great Patriotic War by the Red Army and its historic and national significance to the Russian people. Sort of like America's Revolutionary War and Civil War rolled into one.

Had Germany defeated the Rad Army at Stalingrad, I doubt the Allies could have invaded Normandy in 1944. We had already invaded Italy but the going was slow. Our next move would likely have been to invade in the South of France which would have been our major drive towards Germany. To cross France would have taken the Allies an extra 6 months to 12 months to reach Germany.

The War in Germany and the Battle of Berlin would have taken another year or more. We might have a-bombed Berlin instead of Hiroshima. I’m pretty sure we would have. For the same reason we a-bombed Japan. To have a war winning weapon and not use it is treasonable. Unthinkable. However much it is regretted as we use it, it would have been done.

We, as the Red Army, would not have quit the war until we had won total victory over German Fascism and Nazism. We lost 400,000 men KIA in the whole war. About ½ in European Theater and the remainder in the Pacific Theater. Our losses in Europe would have tripled to 600,000. KIA. Which pales when compared to the Red Army. Perhaps 6 million men died in the Red Army. There is a good book about the 900 Day Serge of Leningrad that reminds the Americans have been spared those kind of sufferings.

The Battle of Stalingrad was indeed the turning point of the War in Europe. The Red Army won that battle. Is it therefore the greatest Army? Well, “great” is entirely subjective. For you, Prelude, I’m sure it is. But for Americans, propaganda or no, the USSR carries a lot of baggage. Too much for most Americans to agree the Red Army is the greatest ever, in the whole world.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
DonWhite the will tell you just one thing
You are the first Amirican I met in this forum who is not a steriotype ,who is not that Ignorant about the external world and for whom a news article from the BBC/CNN dosent mean a conclusion .

Now wether you are wrong or right is as relative as everything else in this forum.
Just let me make some wild guess: Do you have some roots in Russia/Ex USSR?

As for the others I shall say:
Where knowledge is bliss many a times ignorance is taken to be a sign of profundity.

IN the whole world history I havent seen a single act of Heroism (by the army and the Civilians) that can be compared with the Russians (more correctly Soviets )in the 900 days of bockade of Leningrad(the city where I live ie St Petersburg)

Just think ...your city has been surrounded by one of the most powerful armies in the world....No external supply of food and animation ....No any sort of help from the Allies ...still our heroes were able to stop the Germans for those bloddy 900 days we never surrendered.

As for USA please enlighten me about a fact ....as far as I have read the Americans were not ACTIVELY involved in the WW2 until the Pearl Harbour....They joined the war actively only when they were attacked (as did the Soviets)....what does the Americanised Version of history say about this ?

[edit on 22-6-2006 by prelude]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
First, I want to compliment you, Prelude, on your good English.

posted by prelude

DonWhite . . will tell you just one thing. You are the first American I met in this forum who is not a stereotype . . Now wether you are wrong or right is as relative as everything else. Just let me make some wild guess: Do you have some roots in Russia/Ex USSR? [Edited by Don W]

I have always tried to keep an open mind. I credit my parents for that. No, my roots are from England and Scotland via Ireland. Very typical for Americans who came here in the early 18th century. I live in an apartment house. I befriended a lady from Odessa. Her family had moved to Istanbul in 1934, the year of my birth. She was 14 then. In 1945, she moved to the US. She and I “talked” as much as we could, many times.

I know another Russian woman from an area 300 miles south of Moscow but I do not recall the city. She is a very great person who has personal integrity and personal fortitude. And a good sense of humor. All of these are characteristic of the Russian people. The Russians as a people have endured more hardships than any other people I am aware of. I’m thinking from the time of Ivan the Terrible. And Etc. I hold Mikhail Gorbachev in great admiration and respect. I am sympathetic with Vladimir Putin. OK, so much for that.

IN the whole world history I have never seen a single act of Heroism (by the army and the Civilians) that can be compared with the Russians in the 900 days of blockade of Leningrad (the city where I live i.e. St Petersburg).

I never thought about it that way, but I accept you are right, Prelude. Did you know many of the trucks used in the supply of Leningrad over Lake Ladoga were Ford trucks? Around 1926-1936, Henry Ford built a large farm tractor factory in Leningrad. Other factories produced many trucks and some cars like the Model A at Moscow and in Nizhni - which was renamed Gorky in 1932.

The T34 was regarded as the best tank in WW2. The IL-2 Sturmovik anti-tank plane destroyed more tanks than any other kind of plane. St. Petersburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. My sister has been there but I have not.
Glad to talk with you, Prelude.

See aeroweb.lucia.it...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted by prelude

As for USA please enlighten me about a fact . . as far as I have read the Americans were (1) not ACTIVELY involved in the WW2 until the Pearl Harbor . . They joined the war actively only when they were attacked (2) (as did the Soviets) . . what does the Americanized Version of history say about this ?
[Edited by Don W]

(1) That is true. From 1939, Churchill wanted the US to join with Great Britain against Germany, but the American public was against a foreign war. In the Pacific the US was pushing Japan for various reasons. A large part of Japan’s oil came from the US, which we embargoed in 1941. That is usually offered as the final straw that brought Japan to war with the US. December 7, 1941. A pre-emptive strike. You know the rest.

(2) Germany and Japan had a mutual defense treaty. When the US declared war on Japan on December 8, 1941, Germany declared war on the US on December 11. 1941. That act of war by Germany solved Roosevelt’s problem what to do about England and how to get the US into the European war. Germany had already invaded the USSR in June, of 1941. The war was on.

If the heroic Red Army had not delayed the advancing German Army until the winter, 1941-1942, there is no doubt Germany would have worked yet another “blitzkrieg” attack on the USSR as it had done in Poland and France. The Red Army fought valiantly but often lacked modern equipment and was short on supplies of ammunition and other war essentials. The Russian winter gave the USSR time to bring in reserves from Siberia and to better organize their supply lines and get Russian factories to work.

I believe 1,000,000 citizens died in Leningrad’s 900 days. Over 1/3rd of the population.

See www.holocaust-history.org...

[edit on 6/22/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Gee Don, maybe you should move to Russia.

As for Prelude, I can see you are a patriot of your country and that is commendable but please don't think for one minute that patriots do not exist in America. Also, don't assume that your country doesn't keep you in the dark about many things as well as skewing your version of history.

You said it was the American Governments job to educate us not you. Well, we here in the US don't depend on the government to educate us. We go looking for the truth on our own.

Yes Americans do spout off and puff up their chests but isn't that what you're doing right here, right now?

So tell us Prelude, are you a Russian Jew? I'm betting not.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted by jbondo

Gee Don, maybe you should move to Russia. As for Prelude, I can see you are a patriot of your country and that is commendable . . You said it was the American Governments job to educate us not you. Well, we here in the US don't depend on the government to educate us. We go looking for the truth on our own. [Edited by Don W]

Education - a good education - costs money - and lots of it. Because of the American preference for county-wide school districts, which means there are several 1000 school districts in the US, and due to the wide variations in the wealth and money resources of the counties, it is impossible to depend on ourselves to educate our children at a standard that they deserve. If you insist on following that approach - educate yourself outside school - local funding only - you are doing your children harm. Irreversible harm. It’s child abuse of the worst sort. Committed by people who mean well but who are themselves weak in their own education and understanding.

K-12 + 2 education is a national project or ought to be, for a variety of reasons. To get well trained teachers, teacher aides, appropriate class sizes, uniformity in text books, teacher plans, curriculum, facilities, nourishment in food, equipping every class room with th most modern technology, and so on. None of this is cheap, Jbondo, and testing is not a substitute for teaching or learning.

The real way to have good education is to have local funding, state funding and national funding. It this way, a child is not penalized by the mis-fortune of his parents choosing to live in less well off or poorer districts. Instead, with quality education, each child can advance to his or her natural birth potential. But all of that costs money, Jbondo, and lots of it. Most of us can’t do it on our own. Despite our best intentions. That is why we need to involve all levels of government. For our children’s sake.

Those of us who are adults need to put aside our pet theories and not to make our children into unwitting guinea pigs in the laboratory of life at their expense. We know how to do it, it is no mystery. What we don’t know is how to do it well on the cheap. We Americans can use guidance from foreign countries who are doing a much better job educating their children than we are doing. Wake up, Jbondo! Show your children you love them. Prove it, don't just talk it.

[edit on 6/22/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Now wether you are wrong or right is as relative as everything else in this forum.
Just let me make some wild guess: Do you have some roots in Russia/Ex USSR?

IN the whole world history I havent seen a single act of Heroism (by the army and the Civilians) that can be compared with the Russians (more correctly Soviets )in the 900 days of bockade of Leningrad(the city where I live ie St Petersburg)

Just think ...your city has been surrounded by one of the most powerful armies in the world....No external supply of food and animation ....No any sort of help from the Allies ...still our heroes were able to stop the Germans for those bloddy 900 days we never surrendered.

As for USA please enlighten me about a fact ....as far as I have read the Americans were not ACTIVELY involved in the WW2 until the Pearl Harbour....They joined the war actively only when they were attacked (as did the Soviets)....what does the Americanised Version of history say about this ?

I know all about The Great Patriotic WAr and have even rtavelled to some of the battlefields - Stalingrad ( Volga-), Sevastopol. Sure there was heroism, but they had no choice. You talk about your vaunted Red Army, but neglect to mention the massive numbers of penal battalions that were used as cannon fodder or suicide squads, hardly heroic. Did you know that the Red Army executed 400 000 of its own soldiers during the war.
I also know that without massie american Lend-Lease Aid the SOviets wouldn't have won. It was hte 400 000 Studebaker ttrucks the Americans supplied that allowed the Red Army to practice manouver warfare adn finally becme mobile, it was the millions of km's of telegraph cable that was supplied that enabled the Soviets to commnicate on teh battlefield, literally supplying the entire SOviet railway system - this is just a drop in the bucket as to what was supplied.

Although the Soviet forces preferred their own weapon, the other donations provided the Soviet Union with a high proportion not only of its war-industrial requirements but also of its means to fight. 'Just imagine', Nikita Khrushchev later remarked, 'how we would have advanced from Stalingrad to Berlin without [American transport] them.' ; at the end of the war, the Soviet forces held 665,000 motor vehicles, of which 427,000 were Western, most of them American and a high proportion the magnificent 2 1/2 ton Dodge trucks, which effectively carried everything the Red Army needed in the field. American infustry also supplied 13 million Soviet Soldiers with their winter boots, American agriculture 5 million tons of food, sufficient to provide each Soviet soldier with half a pound of concentrated rations every day of the war. The American railroad industry supplied 2000 locomotives, 11,000 freight carriages and 540,000 tons of rails, with which the Russains laid a greater length of line than they had builty between 1928 and 1939. American supplies of high-grade petroleum were essentially to Russian production of aviation fuel, while three-quarters of Soviet consumption of copper in 1941-4 came from American sources.
Wartime Russia survived and fought on American aid.

John Keegan - Second World War

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Gee Don, maybe you should move to Russia.

As for Prelude, I can see you are a patriot of your country and that is commendable but please don't think for one minute that patriots do not exist in America. Also, don't assume that your country doesn't keep you in the dark about many things as well as skewing your version of history.

You said it was the American Governments job to educate us not you. Well, we here in the US don't depend on the government to educate us. We go looking for the truth on our own.

Yes Americans do spout off and puff up their chests but isn't that what you're doing right here, right now?

So tell us Prelude, are you a Russian Jew? I'm betting not.

First of all I never pointed on America -looK at the post...I didnt even know from which part of the world the poster was from(nor was I interested to know) ....

Before telling me anything why dont you ask your own countrymen to behave themselves .....Whenever it comes to an Issue concerning Russia ...MOST (not all)Americans are up to illigical attacks against Russia(look at this thread you will understand)....This thread was completely based on Russian Army getting new weapons...it was some of your American friends who started making nonsense comments......you know ....its due to few such Americans ...many Europeans today view Americans as "idiot people having nothing other than money" and when an American goes to any part of the world most people have just thing in their mind"f....ing American"(believe me I dont have any intensions or rights to insult Americans ...I am just telling you the Fact )

About Russian Education ...though i have read many articles in the media about propaganda in Soviet/Russian Education...but when I listen to the comments of of many Americans in this forum I get a feeling that American Education is far more propaganda oriented than the Russian Education......The fact is that both Russian and American Education has a lot of Propaganda...the diffrence is that most of the Russian know that their system has propaganda while most of the Americans are ignorant of Such type of propaganda ...again a living example is this forum

Moreover in America if you need to be educated... you need money(most americans have it) and the standard of your education depends on the amount of money you have .....in Russia Education is completely free(however not free from corruption)...so in general a Russian faces less discrimination as far as standard education is concerned

However it dosent need to be mentioned that America is a great country and human civilization owes a lot to Americans

As for DonWhite ....not for a single time did he support Russia ...in fact he praised his own country ......moreover Praising some other country dosent mean that you dont love your own country
CAN you please explain me a fact ....what makes Some americans in this forum act so Idiotic?
Whenever there is news of some invention ..their typical answer is ..this is a crap...America has better than this

just look at this thread ..THERE was not a single attack against USA from my part...you Americans made up a plot of suspected attack (just like your president Mr Bush)...and now you want to fight with me for no reason since I am weak (read "alone" in this forum)

Just one last "lecture" -America is a great nation ..in some fields the greatest nation in this world today...but if Americans want respect from others they must learn to respect others.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

As for others who are educated : the GLORY THAT THE RED ARMY INHERITS IS HIGHER THAN ANY (i repeat ANY) ARMY in this world.......RED army was the ONLY army in this world that was able to stop the Nazis

First defeat the Germans suffered in battle, on land, was at Tobruk. Where the Australians defeated Rommel's attack.

First defeat the Germans suffered in the war was at the River Plate.

Next defeat the Germans suffered was the Battle of Britain.

and it was they who captured Berlin to mark the end of the war .

Berlin didn't need to be captured. Had the war lasted any longer the US would have nuked Berlin.

The Red Army deserves the glory of saving the humanity from Nazism

Sorry, you've got to share that one around.

..and that glory is more than enough to cover all these half-educated propagandas by the Western Media (Hungary, Baltics, Beslan and Chechnia )

What propagandists? What happened in Hungar in 1956? What ended the "Prague Spring"? How many hostages died in the Moscow theatre?

What happened to the first Brigade sent in to Grozny?

What happened in Afghanistan?

The Red Army won exactly two wars. The civil war, when the defeated the "White" Army, and the Second World War.

To take, as an example only, the US Army, we have the War of Independence, the Civil War, the Spanish War, the First World War, the Second World War, and the Gulf War.

The Korean War ended in armistice with nobody winning or losing significant territory, The Iraq War was a win, but the insurgency doesn't look good and Vitnam was a loss.

In the last 106 years the British have been victorious in the Boer War, WW1, WW2, the Falklands, the Malayan insurgency, the Indonesian Confrontation, the Gulf War and the Iraq War and they held North Korea to a nil all draw.

Perhaps you had beeter look into who is listening to the propaganda and who is examining reality.

Tell me, what happened in the Katyn Woods?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Since Russia is no longer Communist, is it still the "Red" Army?

As far as the original post goes, I agree the Russian military seems to be modernizing and improving. With Russia's economy rapidly improving, the "broken" force of the immediate post-Cold War force seems to be a thing of the past.

And direct comparisons between the Russian and US militaries are no longer meaningful, since Russia is no longer a global superpower competing with the US, but a regional power mainly concerned about keeping order in its own backyard. They are also rendered rather meaningless by the fact that Russia still maintains a strategic arsenal capable of leaving most of the US in ruins, albeit at the cost of being reduced to rubble itself.

Direct military conflict between the two is extremely unlikely.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The motherland no longer has a Red Army, it is RUSSIA now, not USSR.
Putin is really good president but he needs to help small cities more instead of army.
-Vladimir.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The motherland no longer has a Red Army, it is RUSSIA now, not USSR.
Putin is really good president but he needs to help small cities more instead of army.
-Vladimir.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
privet prelude u listen to NTL, Diskoteka Avariya, Pozicya?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

What lost glory?

Sorry friend I cant help you to understand what was glory for the Red Army...Coz for understanding that you need to be educated...and to get you educated is not my responsiblity but the responsiblity of your government.

As for others who are educated : the GLORY THAT THE RED ARMY INHERITS IS HIGHER THAN ANY (i repeat ANY) ARMY in this world.......RED army was the ONLY army in this world that was able to stop the Nazis(with all those "if"s abd "But"s) ....It was they who defeated the Germans in the battle of Stalingrad which marked the Turning point of the WW2 and it was they who captured Berlin to mark the end of the war .
The Red Army deserves the glory of saving the humanity from Nazism..and that glory is more than enough to cover all these half-educated propagandas by the Western Media (Hungary, Baltics, Beslan and Chechnia )

That is what I call IGNORANCE! ^^^^ I want to apologize to the forums on behalf of Russians.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I will Die for Russia!!!!!!!!!!! I am not afraid of death, but rather dying before I accomplish my task. My task is to defend Russia! I don't care how tough any country is, but I will fight to the death. And I have strong faith in my country and its ability to defend itself. I am sad that only 2 people have said in favor of Russia in this thread besides me. For me Russia always is and always was the greatest. Nothing anyone will say will change it.

Every improvement in the Russian budget is a good thing. They are already taking a step by adding the 250 units. Everything they do is a step. They are slowly returning to their old glory
It may take time, but wait and see. 1 month ago, so many people on ATS thought Russia was out of the game. But look! They strengthened their budget! I am not surprised at all as I have nothing but faith and loyalty for my country. It is slowly improving. Do you think its easy when your country gets devided? Imagine if in 1991 USA broke up into 50 countries? Russia is moving forward. Every achievement by Russia makes me more and more proud. Now I will end my reply. Anyone that wants to continue dissing Russia, go ahead. But words are only words. They don't work against me! Or Russia! Say what you want, but while you talk, Russia will improve

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted by Russian soldier
I will Die for Russia! I am not afraid of death, but rather dying before I accomplish my task. I have strong faith in my country and its ability to defend itself. I am sad that only 2 people have said in favor of Russia in this thread besides me. For me Russia always is and always was the greatest. Nothing anyone will say will change it.

Every improvement in the Russian budget is a good thing. They are already taking a step by adding the 250 units. Everything they do is a step. I am not surprised at all as I have nothing but faith and loyalty for my country. It is slowly improving. Do you think its easy when your country gets divided? Imagine if in 1991 USA broke up into 50 countries? Russia is moving forward. Every achievement by Russia makes me more and more proud. Now I will end my reply. Anyone that wants to continue dissing Russia, go ahead. But words are only words. They don't work against me! Or Russia! Say what you want, but while you talk, Russia will improve [Edited by Don W]

I am sorry Russia feels the necessity of increasing its military budget. This is a bad sign of failure, in my mind. Russia needs to remain an example for the people of the United States so that we can finally regain control of our own government and dispel the war-mongers now dominating our policies. There are so many important things to do any country that wastes money on weapons of mass destruction ought to be hailed into the World Court of Justice at The Hague to answer for its crimes against humanity!

I have never denounced the suicide bombers of Palestine. I do denounce the conditions that breed the suicide bombers. I know as anyone who is thoughtful over the issue knows, that suicide bombing is the weapon of last resort. It is the only way a country or a people held in captivity by the world, can strike out. It seems the world is bent on genocide of the Palestinian people. Remember this caution: One man’‘s terrorist is another man’s hero.”

As for Russian Soldier, sure, when you’re young you do feel that way. That’s why only young men are put in the army. Old men want to talk, not fight, and most assuredly not to die. If the world drafted only men over 65, there would be no wars. Well, not many frivolous wars. I wanted to fight for my country in 1952. But I was not dumb. I thought not about dying, no young man does, but I did choose to join the Air Force instead of the Army or Marine Corps because I wanted to fight but I also wanted to sleep on clean sheets at night. None of that lying in the mud stuff for me.

This has been the history of war since the single most important battle in Western Civilization. The Battle of Thermopylae. 480 BCE. If the Persians under Xerxes had prevailed, the West would be oriental. And not occidental. The West made Leonidas its hero to this day. War and men have not changed.

[edit on 6/23/2006 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join