It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frontline - The Dark Side Cheney's thrust for intellegence power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Did anyone watch Frontline's "the Dark Side" last night? It was very informative about how Cheney undermined the CIA on all fronts. It goes into how Cheney (since the Nixon administration) has resented the CIA and resented the loss of power to the executive branch. Which BTW was given back thanks to the Patriot Act and others.

It also goes into how the Cheney regime pressured the intellegence agencies to find a connection between Bin-Laden and Sadam. This was started 2 days after 9/11. Side note: And people still say that 9/11 wasn't used as justification for the Iraq war?

It goes really deep into the intellegence fabrication for the justification of war. There are plenty of interviews by respectable people who decided to retire than be put through anymore.

Anyway, my summary can't give this video enough justice so here's 2 links to get you started. Unfortunately, the PBS site says that the video will be available on-line tomorrow but maybe someone can find a link or something. Here's the links.

www.pbs.org...

www.rawstory.com...

Second link has more of a summary than I posted.

[edit on 6/21/2006 by Griff]

[edit on 6/21/2006 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Bumping thread. I changed the title to maybe get more views.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
No one has any interest in this? It shows that the top officials do pressure organizations to find what the government wants them to find. It can be downloaded tonight at 5 pm.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Funny cause I just came from the Frontline website as I have it bookmarked.

This story will be available to be viewed TODAY online at 5pm, I assume EST.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I saw it when it aired on Tuesday night 6/20/06 at 9 pm. That is when it aired. The download is available after 5 pm tonight (6/22/06). Are you accussing me of lying or something? Because I don't know what else your post could mean.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
From the second link I posted.

Tuesday's episode of the PBS public affairs series Frontline will probe the battle between Vice President Dick Cheney and the CIA to control the 'dark side,' according to a press release for the show.

Bolded by me. That's right...Tuesday's episode.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I saw only a portion of the frontline show. I'll have to download it when it's available.

On a side note: With stories like these, it's no wonder public broadcasting got it's funding from the government cut! Very unfortunate indeed.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That's what happens when you say something bad about this current administration. Either you're with us or against us. Sad to say the least. Anyone else at least read what the video is about? I mean this information is pretty damning to Cheney. It shows that the higher up government officials can bully whole departments into fabricating lies.

This can also be stretched to 9/11. How about NIST? Were they pressured to find things that were not true? It puts a whole question mark on any kind of intellegence. This is huge IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Since the focus of this thread is Dick Cheney and not WOT, I'm moving this thread to Political Figures.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Anyone download and watch the video yet? This is so huge and no-one seems interested? Am I the only one who thinks this is big? It shows that the intellegence agencies are run by Cheney now. How can we trust them in anything? Trust is earned and they have lost my trust.

new topics

top topics

join