It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sex conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikePhil
Any animal has a natural need to have sex. You can come up with 2315847894 science studies and theories, this one you cannot decline; if you dont want to have sex something is wrong with you period. Ok, you may have a time where you are not in the mood, but sooner or later, you will want to. Why ? Its a natural thing! Some animals even do thousands of miles in order to reproduce.

Its actually funny you bring science into this, since it was recently discovered that most animals have sex relations with several partners (yes infidelity is around even in the animal kingdom). Yeah i know, we are humans not animals, even tho - and sorry if i am hurting someone beliefs here - making sex just for the pleasure of it (making it with someone you dont love) isnt wrong. Its simply natural.

Wrong. God made us in His image. We are man, not the animal kingdom. Man was given intellect, which means he could think and reason. Animals can't reason and don't have sex to express love. As a rational being, man was unique in creation and clearly distinct from the animals. We are not animals and we are not supposed to behave like animals.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Actually the original translation of the Bible reads something along the lines of "Man is made in OUR image" which actually shows Christianity and eary Judaism may have been polytheistic.
And no matter how much you try to put yourself above the animal kingdom, we actually are a part of it. Or did God decide to make an intermediary between us and so created primates?

Sex is a lust. It is a basic, animal need that we all have. Pagans celebrated this, as it brought us closer to our nature and so all nature, whereas followers of male deities fear it because it is the one thing (even if Jesus did have a bloodline or the Pope admitted he was born a woman or whatever) that could actually destroy the patriarchy which has gripped the planet.

Consider this, early female religions worshipped, among other things, Mother Earth which is below us. Coincidentally, in masculine religions that happens to be the place where the Devil dwells. In the Torah and Old Testament, the only women who are of significance are Eve (who is portrayed as the creator of sin and the temptress), and Mary (who is nothing but a mother).

The conspiracy isn't about actual sexual intercourse, so much as what the consequences of sex are for Christianity.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
um overpopulation? sex has got ramped in the world today and as a result way too many people. the result of that? nastyness. diseases. kids having kids. almost every problem we face today is a result of too many people. our creator knew this and that is why love and sex are combined in his plan.

But the bible and other holy books suggest that a married couple should have as many children as they possibly can. Wouldn't this also result in overpopulation, even if only people getting married were having sex and having as many children as they possibly can?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
For those of you who think marriage had anything to do with love when it was established, think again. Marriage was a social instituion, a business arrangement usually between families to secure inheritance, property and breeding rights, and insure the family name. Love had nothing to do with it. In fact, until relatively recently in human history, the person you married was not necessarily someone you loved, but someone who was chosen by your parents. In fact, in many societies, it was common for people, both men and women, to marry a person for social reasons, yet have affairs with someone they loved.

Skaldi's correct. Marriage is a social institution, even in areas where tribal laws rule. There are often elaborate rules about who can marry whom and who can speak to whom and how many spouses you can have (interestingly enough, very few cultures allowed women to have more than one husband though the model of one male and a lot of females is pretty common.)

[quote[And until the modern era, people married whoever their parents picked for them. In many cases, people who were amrried were having sex with someone they did not love or did not choose to love. It is in a sense, legal prostitution. And of course, marriage also gratified base needs. Greed, pride, envy, and lust are all deadly sins, and are the basis of plenty of marriages.

This led to all sorts of unusual and unpleasant customs. For instance, Robert J. Flaherty, who filmed "Nanook of the North" (long held to be a nonfiction film), thought nothing of going to the Eskimos, taking at least one of their women for his mistress, fathering a child, making his film, and then abandoning his Eskimo family.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Although they were married within the tribal standards, he felt free to consider this an affair (their child is rather bitter about this... there's a followup film to this from the 1970's or 1980's, where the tribe watches the finished film and laughs and comments about how bogus the film is. The hunter who portrayed Nanook, by the way, died of hunger a few years after the film became a great success.)

I do see the sex conspiracy in religon. However, i will venture to say it is a conspiracy to control FEMALE sexuality.

Yes, and I can dump a lot of scholarly research here (by both men and women) to support this.

Everyone might enjoy the Wikipedia article on marriage:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

For those of you who think marriage had anything to do with love when it was established, think again. Marriage was a social instituion, a business arrangement usually between families to secure inheritance, property and breeding rights, and insure the family name. Love had nothing to do with it. In fact, until relatively recently in human history, the person you married was not necessarily someone you loved, but someone who was chosen by your parents. In fact, in many societies, it was common for people, both men and women, to marry a person for social reasons, yet have affairs with someone they loved.

First off, God doesn't care about your history lesson. He goes back further then you. Your history lesson makes Him laugh.
Also, marriage is not an animal act. I have yet to see animals get married.
And again, we are not animals. Man was given intellect, which means he could think and reason. As a rational being, man was unique in creation and clearly distinct from the animals.

Greed, pride, envy, and lust are all deadly sins, and are the basis of plenty of marriages.

Now you understand why marriages don't last and the divorce rate is sky high......

So when two unmarried people love each other and have sex, then that should be better in gods eyes than two people who dont love each other but marry for money and family pride. However, its not the case in Christianity. Another thing about the religon that makes no sense.

To a Christian, both of these are wrong....that makes you wrong also.

And besides, not everyone in life loves one single person. Some people feel real love for more than one person. Its possible to love more than one person. Some people think you can only love one person. But this is a notion born on selfishness and possesiveness. Love isnt a tap that only flows one way.

True, not everyone in life "experiences love just once". But, loving more than one person (romantic/intimate love) at one time is just plain wrong. That in itself, is selfishness, possessiveness, idolatry and greed. Your tap needs fixing......

Marriage in the biblical and Koranic sense pretty much boils down to women being property, sexual objects, and tools of breeding to carry on a mans desire to satisfy his ego by producing heirs. it has nothing to do with mutual love.

Do yourself a big favor.....never get married. Because based upon your beliefs, your relationship sounds like it might be doomed.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance

First off, God doesn't care about your history lesson. He goes back further then you. Your history lesson makes Him laugh.
Also, marriage is not an animal act. I have yet to see animals get married.
And again, we are not animals. Man was given intellect, which means he could think and reason. As a rational being, man was unique in creation and clearly distinct from the animals.

I don't know about your god, but I know that many christian fanatics and extremists do not have any use for history or science, since it tends to question the literal accuracy and disprove the more outrageous claims of extreme fundementalist religous types.

Now you understand why marriages don't last and the divorce rate is sky high......

Of course. People who do not love each other get married anyway because that is the socially expected thing to do. It has little to do with love. I know of many people who are happy and in love and have been living together for many years without getting married, and many married people who are miserable.

As a pagan, nothing pleases me more than to be wrong in the eyes of your religon and yourself. I was raised as a fundementalist Christian, and found it to be anti nature, anti human, anti life, anti-peace, and anti-happieness. So thank you for your compliment. I am happy to be the sum of all thats "evil" in the eyes of fanatics.

True, not everyone in life "experiences love just once". But, loving more than one person (romantic/intimate love) at one time is just plain wrong. That in itself, is selfishness, possessiveness, idolatry and greed. Your tap needs fixing......

Just plain wrong? By YOUR standards. My tap is just fine. It sounds to me like your own tap is incapable of dispensing true, selfless, unpossesive love. maybe YOU need the plumber.

Do yourself a big favor.....never get married. Because based upon your beliefs, your relationship sounds like it might be doomed.

Id be laughing if it wasn't for the fact that you unfortunately believe your own drivel. For your information, I am married. And happily so. Since you can't seem to wrap your oh so holy fundementalist brain around even the most simplest of concepts of human emotion.

So kindly keep your sanctimonious preaching about my personaol life to yourself, thank you very much. You know not the first thing about me or my spouse.

Besides, my life might be a bit too complex for someone as narrow minded as yourself to understand.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
But why? why does religion say so?

Because when two lay down together not only do their bodies entwine, but so do their souls. They become "one". When you engage in intimate pleasure with your mate it is God's gift of expressing your love. Sex and love were not meant to be separated. They were meant to go hand in hand. When you separate the two and throw love out the door, you are solely acting on lust (one of the 7 deadly sins). When you engage in sex without love you are essentially making the other person an "object" for sexual gratification....they have become an object to idolize (idolatry), no longer a human being, but an object for your lust, to quench it solely for selfish reasons (to attain an orgasm for your own pleasure, regardless of your feeling for that person).

...most propably the man was a priest or a king or a spiritual leader of some kind.

...or God.
Maybe if you read up more on Him you'll understand His rules and why He made them for you. Read Romans and Corinthians and this whole sex subject might make more sense.

I couldn't have written it any better.
That pretty much explains the connection between love and sex. Sex is ment to occur while LOVE is present. You do not want betray a soal because every one you messed with takes you further away from divinity and GOD.

I think when God spoke of "divine" he/she/it meant the divine and sacred love of a woman. If you look at our culture now and how dirty and lustful the women are of today its just plane to see they are nowhere near the divinity of GOD nor are we men.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
And you are right again Zero.

God did create us in his image, therefore our souls godly.
We basically are Gods in hiding but we just dont know it yet.

Jesus said we can do/perform things he did and even better. God send him to show us the way. And the way is LOVE.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerence: First off, God doesn't care about your history lesson. He goes back further then you. Your history lesson makes Him laugh.

How can you speak for God? How do you know what God laughs at or what God cares about and what he doesn't care about? What makes you feel that you can speak for God?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theTRUTHtheWAY
I couldn't have written it any better.
That pretty much explains the connection between love and sex. Sex is ment to occur while LOVE is present. You do not want betray a soal because every one you messed with takes you further away from divinity and GOD.

I think when God spoke of "divine" he/she/it meant the divine and sacred love of a woman. If you look at our culture now and how dirty and lustful the women are of today its just plane to see they are nowhere near the divinity of GOD nor are we men.

I agree with you that sex and love go hand in hand. There isn't much point in sex without love, as there is no connection between the two people. I don't agree, however, that the women of today are "dirty and lustful". Women are seen as "dirty and lustful" by who? Usually men. It's that old double standard that's been around for centuries. If a man has multiple sexual partners or really enjoys sex, they get a pat on the back from their friends. If a woman has multiple sexual partners or really enjoys sex, she is dirty and called degrading names.
It doesn't make any sense to me. How is the same behavior viewed so differently depending on, whether it's a man or a woman, who is exhibiting the behavior? I firmly believe that sex, in or out of marriage, was not seen as anything dirty or wrong before the beginning of the monotheistic religions. And the original form of marriage was nothing more than a way for a family to increase their own wealth by marrying their child to another wealthy family.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Jenna]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't know about your god, but I know that many christian fanatics and extremists do not have any use for history or science, since it tends to question the literal accuracy and disprove the more outrageous claims of extreme fundementalist religous types.

I'm not a fundamentalist and I don't super subscribe to any one church. By birth I am Catholic, but don't subscribe to all the tenets of the Catholic faith. I am nothing more thsn a believer in God/Jesus, and his rules and commandments, because I know them to be the Truth (which obviously you have decided to reject)

As a pagan, nothing pleases me more than to be wrong in the eyes of your religon and yourself. I was raised as a fundementalist Christian, and found it to be anti nature, anti human, anti life, anti-peace, and anti-happieness. So thank you for your compliment. I am happy to be the sum of all thats "evil" in the eyes of fanatics.

Pagan? LOL! That explains your godless attitude. Pagans are afraid of God, that's why they turn from Him. They don't want to be held accountable for their sins...so they say, "I don't believe." Takes all that guilt away.......
So, you are happy to be portrayed as evil. This is bad. This speaks volumes about what your soul is about. Unlike you I was not raised a fundamentalist. Sounds like that warped fundamentalist upbringing led to your fall. Equating Christianity with anti-nature, anti-humanism, anti-life, anti-peace and anti-happiness....well, this just proves you couldn't fathom it. You just didn't grasp it. You never understood it because you refused to acknowledge God as your creator, so you turned your back on him and use your wit, your wisdom, your sharp tongue to disprove Him. Keep in mind that those who knew Him and understood Him, then turned their back on Him will be judged the harshest, Mr. Ex-Fundammentalist.

Just plain wrong? By YOUR standards. My tap is just fine. It sounds to me like your own tap is incapable of dispensing true, selfless, unpossesive love. maybe YOU need the plumber.

You're being a hypocrite here. What would your wife think about you sleeping around behind her back or even in her face? This is WRONG behavior and not conducive to a healthy emotional, loving relationship at all. If you think this is healthy and normal then your sense of love is distorted and warped to fit your selfish needs. If you can't see that then your blind. Want to destroy your relationship.....have an adulterous affair. People who cheat or look for outside sex are selfish, self-centered, sex-greedy individuals that lack conscience, integrity, self-esteem, morals, respect, honor, loyalty and truth. They live to satisfy their selves regardless of the effect it has on the one who loves them. That's evil, pain and simple.

Besides, my life might be a bit too complex for someone as narrow minded as yourself to understand.

Not complex at all, just Godless and hedonistic, without remorse.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I find it so amazingly funny that Christians have an answer for everything.

When Darwin proposed his evolution thesis the Church was the first to call him a blasphemer and heretic. Now, however, we know that God decided to put fossils there in order to help us learn about something or other. Right.

As for animals not being married, do you know how many animals breed for life? And those that do never......NEVER..... have another partner. Now, how many humans (yes even Christians) get married and then go and sleep with anyone they feel like? Animals don't marry but they certainly value the concept more than we do.

And why is lust a sin? Are you telling me that you've never wanted anything ever? Lust is just another way to supress the natural instincts that help us be at peace with what we are: animals. We are a part of nature, not the child of some omnipotent God that has less of a following now than ever before, and orders rape, slavery, genocide, cannibalism and sacrifice.
"God" is an aggressively, male method of suppressing women and keeping Christians in power. Before Christianity and Judaism everyone was happy worshpping their pantheon of gods and godesses, not caring whether or not someone on the other side of the river shared their beliefs and plotting against them if they didn't.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Love

Thrown about, often used and seldom felt for what it really is. I believe people confuse love with lust on a regular basis. The word is used and abused in so many ways.

Real Love makes sex explosive and overwhelming.

Real Love is not something fleeting or to fall in and out of.

Real Love is something that should endure thru all and keep a marriage in tact.

Real Love is taking care of a spouse with a terminal disease even when you’re at your wits end.

Real Love is getting up in the middle of the night with your mate because they can't sleep and need you.

Real Love is not conditional. If the man or woman you want to marry has to aspire to a list of desires, this is not love.

Would you give your life for your spouse? Not the 16 year old boy/girl you have been dating for 2 months or the man/woman you just married but the person that is 50, balding, has credit issues, has droopy breasts, snores at night, etc..

Real Love is sitting on the front porch in a rocking chair with your spouse at the age of 70 and looking in their eyes and knowing you would not want to be anywhere else or with anyone else.

I am a Christian, I believe in living life as the Bible teaches. This includes the points outlined in this thread; love, sex, marriage and compassion.

Finally; the least we can do is respect each other here.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikePhil
Any animal has a natural need to have sex.

I agree with that. But humans aren't supose to be animals, we are civilized - because we can control ourselves and not behave like animals.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
AngelaLadyS, we are all here to discuss. None of us need a lecture, anyone can verify the claims for themselves. Please try to discuss these things with your fellow posters.

Your right. And I don't even want a religious debate. Oppinions are great, even if they aren't my own. My point was that in this thread, as in any other thread - refferences are important. The poster can't just ling around statements as if they are true... they should have made a note that it is his or her own oppinion. I just didn't want someone stumbling across this some day and actualy thinking what he/she said is actualy true. I know it's ludicris, but some people may not.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

In fact, until relatively recently in human history, the person you married was not necessarily someone you loved, but someone who was chosen by your parents.

And the concept of the "love marriage" is only prevalent in the western nations at that. AND the divorce rates are highest in those countries.

Go back several thousand years to what Christianity was replacing; the babylonian mystery religions, egyptian cults, Nature based pagan beliefs, Etc. Most of these religions Sex was a intregral part.

The christian attitude torwards sex is clearly merely a continuation of the jewish attitude torwards sex.

Women were revered as practically gods because only gods and women can create life.

This is incorrect. Women were treated as simple property in paganistic religions. They had less rights than men. Up until the colonial era in India, a good woman would jump onto her husbands funeral fire and burn to death along with him, because she belonged to him. If she was unwilling, she'd be thrown in. No widowed husband would ever even have such a thing suggested to him.

What we could call a prostitute used to be a priestess

There have allways been prostitutes unattached to a temple or and type of worship. There were sacred temple 'prostitutes', in addition and seperate from that, yes.

She was given a coin (which went into the temples funds) and she would give men the experience

And lets consider what that means. The temples would take women, convince them to have sex with men for money, and then the temple would take the money and spend it on itself.
IOW, those pagan temples played the role of pimps, those women weren't 'exalted', they were used and abused.

zerotolerance
Animals can't reason and don't have sex to express love. As a rational being, man was unique in creation and clearly distinct from the animals

So you suggest that, because man can think rationally, that he had sex to express love? And yet, humans do all the same sex acts as animals?
The control of sex in judeo-christian religion is clearly related to the animal instinct to 'be fruitful and multiply', not to express love, if it was about love between two rational human intellects, then there'd be no prohibitions against homosexuality.

As a rational being, man was unique in creation and clearly distinct from the animals.

And the application of that rational ability, granted by god as you say, has lead man to see that he indeed has evolved from animals and is himself 'merely' a rational animal.

Now you understand why marriages don't last and the divorce rate is sky high

Yes, because people are walking around saying "I'm going to get married in a church to someone I love". Whereas, the socieities that produce stable marriages ignore this 'love' business.

But you just said that sex is a rational expression of love between two people, so, by your own logic, as skadi pointed out, pre-marital sex between two people in love is favoured by god, and the mere physical consumation of a loveless marriage is as low as sex amoung animals.

But, loving more than one person (romantic/intimate love) at one time is just plain wrong. That in itself, is selfishness, possessiveness, idolatry and greed.

You have stated it, but have not demonstrated it. If love comes through god and a person genuinely feels love to a few people at once, you don't have a leg to stand on, IF sex and marriage is 'all about love'.

How about YOU do yourself a favour and not abuse your fellows on this board? If anyone is displaying a problem in relating to other people, its certainly not skadi, its YOU.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'm not a fundamentalist and I don't super subscribe to any one church. By birth I am Catholic, but don't subscribe to all the tenets of the Catholic faith. I am nothing more thsn a believer in God/Jesus, and his rules and commandments, because I know them to be the Truth (which obviously you have decided to reject)

Fundementalism is not a religous sect. Fundementalist Christians can be of any denomination. You are by definition a fundementalist Christian.

]Fundementalist Christians

Pagan? LOL! That explains your godless attitude. Pagans are afraid of God, that's why they turn from Him. They don't want to be held accountable for their sins...so they say, "I don't believe." Takes all that guilt away.......
So, you are happy to be portrayed as evil. This is bad. This speaks volumes about what your soul is about. Unlike you I was not raised a fundamentalist. Sounds like that warped fundamentalist upbringing led to your fall. Equating Christianity with anti-nature, anti-humanism, anti-life, anti-peace and anti-happiness....well, this just proves you couldn't fathom it. You just didn't grasp it. You never understood it because you refused to acknowledge God as your creator, so you turned your back on him and use your wit, your wisdom, your sharp tongue to disprove Him. Keep in mind that those who knew Him and understood Him, then turned their back on Him will be judged the harshest, Mr. Ex-Fundammentalist.

Now I am laughing. I did not think that so much ignorance could be fit into such a small amount of space. But congrats. You win the booby prize.

Its obvious from your post that you have no idea what the hell a Pagan is. Far from being athiests, we have a very complex spiritual life.

Paganism

"Godless" I am not. I believe in many gods, in fact. I just don't believe in YOUR God.

And funny you speak about me "fearing" your god. Yet I always hear Christians describing themselves as "god fearing". In otherwards. Christianity teaches its members to fear and tremble before their god, who is described as jealous, vengful, and always taking his wrath out on just about anyone. I see the divine being in a totally different way. I have experienced the divine in a different way from you. Thus, I do not believe in your vengful smiting great spook in the clouds. If you want to believe in him, thats your perrogative. I could care less what you believe in, if thats how you want to live your life. But don't go running around telling people how they should see god, because not everyone is buying into your version of god, and many people of the world actually find your image of god to be an insult to both the intellect and the human spirit.

You're being a hypocrite here. What would your wife think about you sleeping around behind her back or even in her face? This is WRONG behavior and not conducive to a healthy emotional, loving relationship at all. If you think this is healthy and normal then your sense of love is distorted and warped to fit your selfish needs. If you can't see that then your blind. Want to destroy your relationship.....have an adulterous affair. People who cheat or look for outside sex are selfish, self-centered, sex-greedy individuals that lack conscience, integrity, self-esteem, morals, respect, honor, loyalty and truth. They live to satisfy their selves regardless of the effect it has on the one who loves them. That's evil, pain and simple.

before you go running off at the mouth about things you seem not to comprehend, its a good idea to get the gender of the person you are arguing with correct.

I am a female. I am a heterosexual female. Thus, I do not have a wife. I have a husband. And of course, you are making assumptions. Sone you know what they say when you assume something? You make an ass out of U and...........well.......really, you're only making an ass out of yourself. But carry on.

But to correct your idiotic assumptions, I am in a faithful relationship with my husband. that is OUR choice. I have no desire for lovers outside my marriage. Niether does he. However, if other people decide to have open marriages, that is their business and their choice. If they want to stray, then thats their issue. I am not a hypocrite. I simply do not believe in some outdated moralisitic dogma, and do not believe in pushing my own personal opinions upon other peoples behavior, unless they are a threat to others physical well being. Something that obviously you can't grasp, but thankfully, you are but a minority of people still living in the fundementalist dark ages.

Your version of evil is another persons salvation. Something you can't deal with. Tough.

Not complex at all, just Godless and hedonistic, without remorse.

You say that like its a bad thing.

I am not godless, however. I have a fine relationship with my gods. I just don't believe in the Christian god. Life is too short to live in a state of oppresion and slavery to middle eastern tribal god who basically hates everything good in life.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
And the concept of the "love marriage" is only prevalent in the western nations at that. AND the divorce rates are highest in those countries.

exactly. Which is what I am getting at. marriage itself is not an act of love. it is a business arrangement. People in love can get married and stay married, however. But people who truly love each other generally get married for the legal reasons, to protect their property or legally combine resources.

I think that western divorce rates are high for more reasons than just love based marriages. Women have more rights in the west, and thus, do not have to tolerate abusive partners. Men also in the west tend to view women in less property terms than in the less devloped societies. Since women and wives are not equated with wealth in the west like they are in the third world, men are less prone to want to keep possesion of them. In the forced marriage societies, women have no say whatsoever. And men will seldom divorce a wife because it decreases his wealth.

In western societies, though, I do not think alot of people really get married because of love. I think materialism, lust, and illusion rule most peoples desire to marry in the west.

And you are somewhat right in your statement that some Pagan societies treated women as property. This is especially true in India, Ancient Greece, Rome, Babylon, ect. However, there were other Pagan people who did hold women in a higher status and women had freer rein in their affairs. But even the patriarical Pagan societies did aknowledge the feminine divine, and did worship godesses as much as they worshiped their male gods. And they certainly did not demonize female sexuality like the middle eastern monotheistic religons did.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i think its not about literal sex.

sex is creation. it is the natural earthly way of reproduction.. not just #in.

now.... also im not sure if you all know this but 666=XES. which is SEX backwards, meaning the the opposite of natural reproduction without even needing love.

And how do you create life unnatually without love or feelings? With technology.

Now this doesnt mean evil. Technically there is no such thing as good or evil. Its just a way of thinking, and a lack of knowledge.

in my theory i came with a few months back... 666 isnt evil crazy #. It is A.I.

Im sure some of you know about singularity. That is when we are goin to advance so rapidly, we will be able to enhance our selves in any way. People will be able to live as long as they want with technology. Because aging is only deterioration of cells and muscles. And we'll have nanobots in us to prevent that. People will be lied into believing we have no souls, and that our mind is our soul. Which is a lie. And if you believed that and put your mind into a body made in a lab.. you will be a slave in your own body. And that body that you live in, which was made in some #in lab can and will easily be controlled. You'll be a slave for ever.. becoming nothing. The opposite of what we are, which is everything.

There are 2 ways. Light and dark.
we are in the middle right now. Will we choose to become pure spirtual beings, or pure physical?

i guess thats up to us.

heres some links to add to what i was talking about

666 and XES

the dawn of singularity

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Have you ever wondered why sex is a sin for Christianity? The christian view is that any form of sex not for reproduction under marriage is a sin. But why? why does religion say so?....Sex is liberating...sex is a rebellious act.

Wrong, there is no scripture that says couples are not to have sex except for reproduction but there is one that says: "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man does is without the body; but he that committes fornication sins against his own body." (1 Cor 6:18)

Fornication is defined in the Lexicon as illicit sexual intercourse (hence, not intercourse between married couples)

1. adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lesbianism, intercourse with animals etc.
2. sexual intercourse with close relatives;
3. sexual intercourse with a divorced man or woman;

So now, why does "religion say so"? Because God said so.

And because you have the fruit of your "liberation" all around in the form of unwed mothers' children growing up knowing little or nothing of a father's care, AND fathers in genetic dumping only.

You have entire nations dying of AIDS in the name of that liberation.

Your liberated rebellion has STD's everywhere. You have in-your-face videos of near-naked women and men parading their "liberation" and cheapening the whole human race down to the status of male and female "dawgs".

You have your babies dressed in "baby pimp" clothing and growing up with that image as "cool". The "liberation" calls evil good and good evil and expects it to lead to freedom, but all it really leads to is confusion, disease, and unvaluing of all humans.

Worse, if God doesn't undertake to deal with such a state pretty soon, He is going to owe an apology to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Originally posted by masterpThis paradox is actually setup right from the beginning, with Adam and Eve. The tree of knowledge of good and bad is a metaphor for having a way of thinking that is liberating...sex is forbitten, because it is an eye opening experience.

Actually, Genesis 3:4 shows that the serpent contradicted God's warning that they would die (not be "liberated") if they ate of the tree, "Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

So God drove them out of the Garden before they could also eat the Tree of Life and live forever in the disobedient state, forever separated from God, having no way to return to the direct relationship they'd had with Him before. This we know to be His motive because v24 says "So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life."

I'm sure there are others like you who see the history as a "metaphor" for many things other than what it says of itself, but there is only the mind's desire to say it is a metaphor for sex. And think about that for a moment in your "liberated" state, if he didn't give them commandment not to have sex, how did it become a sin? In fact, in Gen 1:28 He "..blessed them, and God said to them, " Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

That was before the temptation, okay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join