It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know this is Gay but I really want to know what you all think...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
My passion is music, I love it I love making it and our band recently recorded a new song and I want to know what you all think about it if you wouldnt mind taking 4 min out of your life to listen...

Seriously tear it to shreds if you would like but I want to know what we can do better and also the strong points that we should do more of

If you want me to go away and shut up I can do that too...

thanks you all for giving me my moment

Peace and much love

Here is the linkLink to song "Jewel"

The song in question is "Jewel" Dont mind the other two they are old and crappy and we dont even play them anymore

thanks again everyone!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Wow, that's sounding really good. The riffs remind me of Tool, with vocals a bit similar to Chris Cornell (Soundgarden).

I have to say, you sound a lot better than most of the stuff that has been coming out of the "rock scene" these last few years. Good luck with the band, sounding great

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That is really good
Quite a pleasant surprise--a band that actually plays riffs instead of just power chords. I like the vocal overlaps in the beginning (was that really there, or was that just me? It's still a little early in the morning...)

About the only things I'd have to say against it at all are about the drums. They're great for the most part, but at the beginning, the double bass hits probably need to be toned down a bit. Kind of distracts from the riff and the vocals. Of course, I may have just been hearing things there too
But it sounded like your drummer was trying really hard to not show off.

Also, if you have access to the master recordings, you might want to have the drums toned down just a bit at the beginning. I don't know if you had this professionally done or just found a copy of Sonar or Cool Edit Pro (if so, great job at mixing it) but the drums just stood out a little too much in the beginning.

Don't worry about these comments too much--it sounds great. I'm kind of an "armchair musician" who's done some home studio recording, so sometimes I think I know what I'm talking about
That and it sounds much better than anything I've done, so my pride needs me to poke holes in it whereever I can (whether there's holes there or not.) Good job

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hey.
That was pretty freakin' good.
Although you need to work with your drummer on timing, it wasn't as synched up as it could have been.
But otherwise, you all are very talented.

top topics

join