It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings calling my name

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I've had a couple of Strange occurences where I was sure I heard my voice being called.

The long story short version, My Grandmother's house, She, My Aunt, and My Great Uncle all passed away within 6 months of each other leaving me the only person living in the house. I swear Either My Aunt or Grandmother would call my name from the bottom of the hall stairs to wake me up if I overslept, just like they did when they were alive. I would be sleeping and hear it, bolt awake and no further calls from downstairs.

The other instances are more recent, and really weird for me. I keep hearing in ambient noise of crowded places people calling my name as if to get my attention, and there is no one I can tell looking for me. This was for 2 weeks straight at least 2 or 3 times a day, then abrubtly ended.

-ADHD

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Sometimes as I'm about to drop off to sleep, I can hear my name called, clear as day. Not everynight mind you, just every now and then. Very Strange.

I'm not saying it's a ghost or anything like that, but it does have me wondering.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't get to hear my named called often, but occationaly, yes.

Don't worry that you never went to look - trust me, you won't see a thing. lol

When our attention is focused in a 'non focused' way, like when watching tv, it is easier to pick up on things. And when we hear of see something then try to focus on it - woops, it's gone. It's hard to pay attention to something without focusing on it.

I have gotten something for you.
I don't know how to tell you, it didn't come in words. So maybe you'll understand what I'm getting at by what ever rambles come from this - forgive me, some times it's tricky.

When you see a person (not sure if it's tv or real life) - you think they look like so-and-so, or they remind you of so-and-so. Somethng they do or say reminds you of so-and-so. Would you write this info down as it happens please? Just a little jot, nothing much more than the name of the person this stranger reminded you of.
It's important.

Also, for no reason you find yourself humming or singing a song in your head. Not the whole song eve, just certain parts or words over and over - or the tune is stuck in your head. You haven't heard that sone in a while and don't know why you are thinking about it. Would you jot that down to please?

Your list might be nothing more than several names or the same name several times and a few song titles or verses or words. This is ok. We just want to look at the information your getting and not noticing.

Also, there is a color that stands out to you more than others. As you drive down the road and flowers are growing - there is a certain color (weather it be the color of the flower or paint on a car or house etc) that stands out to you. Now that I've mentioned it, be careful not to 'try' to 'pick a color', but see if you can just notice it. Will you jot that down to?

I'm not getting any real information for you, but I am getting that you are given information and aren't noticing it. That's how it works for most people. It's not that they don't get information, it's that they don't realise it.

Will you get back to me in few days and tell me what you got?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have "HEARD" of stories from other realtives.....
THings like:

-A Clock stopping when some one pass's away (my grandfather passed and
a clock in his house stopped working at the same exact time)

-Phone calls from the hospital room where some one passes away but
know one talks only a few days after the event

-Cold winds blowing when there is no reason for them too, when talking about
or laughing about a passed relative.

-Seeing people that have passed away in church on a constant basis.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How does the voice sound? Is it Soft? Calming? Agitated? Angry? Loud?... If you feel comfortable...i think you should sit back, relax, and tell them you`re listening, you never know they may have something very important to tell you. But be on your guard, there aren't just good entities out there!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I had that experience just once. I had just settled into my bed and I heard a voice that sounded like Dumbledore from Harry Potter call my name. I believe in spirit guides and angels but this was not one of my spirit guides. So I freaked out, yelled for it to go away, and hid under my blankets.

My daughter has also said a few times she has heard someone call her name, yet I don't think it was the same entity because she said it was a girl voice.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Regarding names being called. I have never had my name being called but I have heard loud claps in my room and even loud gong sounds. I am sure it's paranormal.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Regarding names being called. I have never had my name being called but I have heard loud claps in my room and even loud gong sounds. I am sure it's paranormal.

Yep, all sorts of "HEY!" kinds of stuff going on. LOL

I often get what feels like the barametric pressure changing in my ear(s). A tone (sound) and the sudden change of ... well, if feels like when you go up in a plane and need to pop you ears...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I once felt and heard a presence enter my room. It crept around and whispered my name menacingly twice while I was half asleep

I have never been so terrified on all my life, as I couldn't move or open my eyes, and I felt it creeping around for what felt like 2-3 minutes

I then snapped out of it and sat bolt upright - and there was nothing there

I think it must have been a case of sleep paralysis (wikipedia).

I have only had it once, but my girlfriend says she has suffered from it several times

I am not saying this is what the author is describing, but it may be familiar to some - has anyone else had this?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienanderson
I once felt and heard a presence enter my room. It crept around and whispered my name menacingly twice while I was half asleep

I have never been so terrified on all my life, as I couldn't move or open my eyes, and I felt it creeping around for what felt like 2-3 minutes

I then snapped out of it and sat bolt upright - and there was nothing there

I think it must have been a case of sleep paralysis (wikipedia).

I have only had it once, but my girlfriend says she has suffered from it several times

I am not saying this is what the author is describing, but it may be familiar to some - has anyone else had this?

Oh man. It can be scary to say the least. The last time something so scary happend - I was sleeping on the couch because I had to get myself into a state to look into a situation for someone. Sometime during the night I woke up and couldn't move, couldn't make a noise (I tried both!), and I felt my legs being played with like kids do when they play footsies. Scared me big time. I coudlnt' tell you what it was, but it took alot of doing (wide awake) to pull out of it. Fortunatly I had someone to call to for help - I called for help (in my mind) and almost immediately it all stopped. I felt the presence of a careing/protecting/covering like freind the rest of the night (Of course, I was snuggled up next to my husband too!) LOL

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Sometime during the night I woke up and couldn't move, couldn't make a noise (I tried both!), and I felt my legs being played with like kids do when they play footsies. Scared me big time. I coudlnt' tell you what it was, but it took alot of doing (wide awake) to pull out of it. Fortunatly I had someone to call to for help - I called for help (in my mind) and almost immediately it all stopped.

Yeah, you've reminded me about the most terrifying thing - I wanted to call out but couldn't speak or move a muscle - just shouting in my mind

It was maybe 10 years ago now, and like I said, never had it since

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Theres this voice that calls out my name when no ones in my house or I have my doors shut in the room Im in. It sounds like someone I know. Could this be an angel?

If you are hearing things, its more likely that its a delusion than an angel. Have you been to a psychiatrist?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Can somebody tell me if they know what this means? Or if they have experienced it?

It's one half of your brain talking to the other half. It happens sometimes to people who experience some kind of damage or other problem with the corpus callosum in their brain. Check out this link:

Disorders of the Corpus Callosum

When the two hemispheres of your brain have difficulty communicating, they'll try anything, including talking and writing to each other. It's weird and cool, but easy to mistake for some kind of supernatural thing.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I've experienced this many times - much more frequently when I was a kid but it still happens.

It's always the voice of someone I know, but frequently not a close friend or perhaps someone from years back who I would not normally think of and yes, it can be a little scary and certainly something of a surprise.

However, I have to say that I'm sure it's self generated - if I concentrate hard enough on a person and their voice I can sometimes seem to generate the effect on demand although I guess you can read as much into that as you may wish if you want to try and make it complicated.

Sadly, it's only ever my name or just "hey" - I've tried asking the voices for the winner of the 3.15 at Chepstow but no luck so far.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This has happened to me all my life. I never thought much about it as I have always thought it was noise that just sounded like my name. I have never recognized it as someone I know's voice either. It's not like I know when it will happen so I can't really be prepared for it. My father is a psychologist so I know it's not a disorder. I think it's just a spooky coincidence, alot like Deja Vu. Your brain is making more out of it after it happens or at least that's always been my take on this phenomona.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I would discount anything paranormal here as this happens to me too sometimes when very stressed. I suppose it's a kind of mental illness.

* although it's very very annoying... thats what tips me off that it's not a real person it's the most annoying thing when nothing replys. So much more annoying than if a real person repeaedly called your name and didn't respond that it has to be my mind falling to bits. fun.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by kipman725]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I don't know if you guys are Christians... About the spirits/ghosts/, the Bible doesn't say if you die you are going to wander the earth in spirit form!?! You are in a "deep sleep" until Jesus returns for Judgement Day, not alive in another dimension! I truely believe in paranormal "beings", but they are not your grandpa trying to give you a scare, they are either demons or angels. And if you are not a strong believer, the chance that an "encounter" with a paranormal being is going to be a demon, NOT an angel. I once spoke to a priest about this subject and he told me that you can't "see" or "sense" angels if you are not a strong believer. So beware, never mess with the spiritual world if you don't know what you are doing, you could me messing with demons...

About the strange voices... This also sometimes happen to me, but go and ask all your friends about this, I think most of them will tell you the same has happened to them before. I believe it's just our imagination. Don't take something like this serious, our brains are complicated organs. Any chemical imbalance can make you hear stuff and imagine stuff.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I havent read thru this entire thread, but the one thing you DONT want to do is answer with "What??"

I've heard this since i was a little kid from my grandparents. If i hear my name called, i will go look...if there's no one around, i ignore it.

According to grandma (God love her) its spirits calling you to them. They want you to cross to the other side.

SO, never say "WHAT??" unless of course, you know who asked.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They called schizophrenia....

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sometimes when I'm trying to get to sleep I can hear people shouting my name. They sound angry and it sounds like about three men and one or two women (not sure bout them)
It would bother me but when I'm tired not even a UFO hovering outside my window offering me credible, incontravertible proof of EBE life would wake me.

I don't know if mine is to do with anything paranormal as it is common for the mind to hear noises when the brain is shutting down. Although some of the male voices are quite scary. I hope it isn't to do with some kind of id/ego/superego conflict....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join