It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Troop Build-up On The Golan Border!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Syrian and possibly iranian troops by the end of the summer because of a new military treaty just signed, this treaty also allows iran a military base in syria. this is getting ugly for israel. troops have been gathering on the border for month's now and with this new treaty iranian forces could join in within days of the signing of this treaty

www.debka.com...

: New Syria-Iranian defense treaty opens way for Iran`s Revolutionary Guards to deploy on Israel’s Golan border by summer’s end

Iranian defense minister Gen. Mustafa Najjar said: “Syria’s security is part of Iran’s security,” when he signed a new military treaty with his visiting Syrian counterpart, Gen. Hassan Turkmani (picture) in Tehran last Thursday June 15. Sunday, June 18, Israel’s parliamentary foreign affairs and defense committee inspected its northern border, along with the deputy chief of staff Moshe Kaplinsky and OC Northern command Udi Adam. Both Tehran and Damascus referred to the tour as Israel’s response to their new treaty.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
With the friendly democracy bringing American Big Brother moving in on Iraq and Afganistan and basicly surrounding Iran, I too would be looking for every friend i could get to try and hold my own..

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
we all knew this would eventually happen

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Debka is a notorious Israeli Propoganda outlet, and even they are quoting a Syrian official as saying "I want to say that it is not on the agenda.” Getting bad for Israel?... since when? The UN just extended their mandate for observation in the Golan as well and both Israel and Syria have agreed to this extension, so no, no massive troop buildup, just more anti-iranian propoganda.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Syria is definitely asking for trouble. Maybe this is their way of facilitating the Jihad against the West. Course Russia is building that Naval base there now too. Then there's those chemical's that Saddam's pilot's said they took there disguised as humanitarian aid.

A massive attack on Israel is being planned. I think Damascus is on it's way to breaking some one day temperature record's. Say 10,000 degree's or so.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Debka is a notorious Israeli Propoganda outlet

I see Debka more as a rumor mill for the Israeli far right actually, I don't think they're working for the Israeli .gov so much as on behalf of certain factions within Israeli politics. As for the report, they've been predicting "imminent" joint Iranian-Syrian action against Israel as long as I've been aware of them, and it hasn't happened yet. Neither the Iranians nor the Syrians are in any position to attack Israel, certainly not if they intend to survive the war, let alone win.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Getting bad for Israel?... since when?

yeah, I think it's getting bad for Israel when you consider the continued quassam attacks from hamas and now the troop build-up on the border showing signs of an eminent attack, why cant they just leave those isreali people alone??

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is prophetic, I googled the quoted opening statement from the article to try find corroborating sources. This is it:

"Jesus is Lord, A Worshipping Christian’s Blog"
worshippingchristian.blogspot.com...

I think that says a lot.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
nygdan, the link does not work for me and i think your trying to say that this news source is lame anyway, but the hatred for the jews is real no matter how cheesy the news source may be the hatred of the jews remains constant

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
the hatred for the jews ...hatred of the jews

Well, there went this thread. I saw that one comming.
Frankly sentinal, the Golan doesn't belong to Israel in the first place, and yet people aren't even allowed to refer to it as Israeli Occupied Territory without the hatred for the jews ...hatred of the jews rhetoric.
Just a guess here, but maybe, just maybe, they, like alot of folks, just hate having their land preemptively and miltantly taken from them then told to get over it by the international community, I know I would. Our god says this is our land, you have to move or we'll shoot you. That always wins the hearts and minds of your lessers.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by twitchy]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
This is prophetic, I googled the quoted opening statement from the article to try find corroborating sources. This is it:

"Jesus is Lord, A Worshipping Christian’s Blog"
worshippingchristian.blogspot.com...

I think that says a lot.

nice to know hatred is alive and well...as long as its against christians and not muslims right nygdan?
.........sometimes the hypocrisy of these boards disgusts me to no end.

and frankly twitchy if you are quoting the bolsheviks and giving them credit for "anti- semitic" laws, you are obviously unaware of what happened to soviet jews just a few years later.

It really doesnt surprise me they passed those laws since the ideas of communism are predominately jewish in origin.

and the Soviets are far from humanitarians by any means.... communists commited more human rights violations than any other group in history.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

From original source

DEBKAfile’s Tehran sources disclose the Iranians seek to attain three objectives by deploying RG units to the Golan heights:

1. Another direct front line against Israel.

2. A forward position for an Iranian electronic warning station to sound a timely alarm of the takeoff of American warplanes or missiles from the eastern Mediterranean basin on their way to attack.

3. The station can also keep electronic track of movements on Israeli air and missile bases, covering also Arrow anti-missile missile systems.

Seems like a good idea to me, especially if you're expecting air or missile strikes on certain facilities. Look at it from Tehrans point of view; they expect some kind of attack from either the US or Israel in the near future. This treaty has the potential to at least give them some early warning of it. The idea that Iran is going to invade Israel is pretty unbelievable knowing that even if the substantial might of the Israeli armed forces couldn't hold them off, the even more substantial might of the US military most certainly can.

One other thought that comes to mind is that if they are indeed setting up listening posts for warnings of an attack, could that give us a clue as to where they see the current nuclear negotiations going?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

the hatred for the jews ...hatred of the jews

Well, there went this thread. I saw that one comming.
Frankly sentinal, the Golan doesn't belong to Israel in the first place,

[edit on 20-6-2006 by twitchy]

oh that's right thier just occuping the land
were just occuping the U.S. too should we give it back to the indians. or have we lived here long enough yet to claim it as our own? perhaps you would feel more at home in iran??

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Chris your post shows the practical reasons for the military build-up and is in all probablity the main reason for this treaty from Irans perspective, but it's the hidden possibilities that warrent a little closer scrutiny IMO

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Mmm how are these Iranian troops supposed to get to the border or even Syria for that matter ? If there are to be Iranian troops in Syria i will take a guess we are not looking at anything over Divisional strength and then in terms of support units eg ELINT etc.I cant imagine the Iranians diverting major units away from Iran with the possible threat of US intervention hanging around re its nuclear program.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant
Mmm how are these Iranian troops supposed to get to the border or even Syria for that matter ?

Surely the Iranians can simply line up lots of ordnance and military personnel on their airstrips and load them into transporters to be flown over Iraq to be unloaded upon Syrian runways.

Or perhaps they can send their materiel via post, piece by piece, and tell their operatives to travel to Syria at their leisure, under their own steam, so as to remain undetected.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
the iranians have U.S.C-130s that can move most anything they would need to, the problem is thier not in very good condition, we wont sell them the parts for them so they have to manufacture thier own parts which has proved ill-fated for the most part

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

the iranians have U.S.C-130s that can move most anything they would need to, the problem is thier not in very good condition, we wont sell them the parts for them so they have to manufacture thier own parts which has proved ill-fated for the most part

He he, sorry, my point was that any significant movement of personnel or hardware would be easily detected and would, inevitably, cause a kerfuffle, to say the least.

If the story you presented is accurate, I would suggest that it is mere sabre rattling, and a suitable response from the US and Israel would be, to quote the cultural icon that is Paul Hogan, 'That ain't a knife...this is a knife'.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Getting bad for Israel?... since when?

yeah, I think it's getting bad for Israel when you consider the continued quassam attacks from hamas and now the troop build-up on the border showing signs of an eminent attack, why cant they just leave those isreali people alone??

You mean just like the Isrealis left them alone for the last 60 years?
(If you know history you can catch the sarcasm)

I cant help but wonder if this whole jew/arab thing is being presented the way it is in the media to get us ready for another "]six day war". The way it sounds now is most people would support a suprise attack by Isreal that would completely decimate(again) the armies of her enemies. Perhaps thats even the real reason were in Iraq is to "thin out the numbers" of those who would stand against Isreal and be in a position to easily back them up?

Im gonna bring up the John Titor story here too. In his posts in 2000 he said the US would invade Iraq, Iran than Syria, in that order. I have to say that I didnt belive Titor was real untill I spent MANY MANY hours reseaching. I wont get into it here because its the wrong forum and I dont want to hijack this thread as it is a great discussion topic, the kind of thing ATS is here for.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Tiloke

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Tiloke]

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Syria is definitely asking for trouble. Maybe this is their way of facilitating the Jihad against the West. Course Russia is building that Naval base there now too. Then there's those chemical's that Saddam's pilot's said they took there disguised as humanitarian aid.

are you being serious?

why would syria support jihad or anything islamic?

there government is secular not islamic. The only reason they would ever support an islamic group would not be because of islamic reasons but political.

Syria doesn't even care about the west and neither do most muslims. I don;t even know where westerns get the Idea that every muslim in the world sits around in there caves plotting attacks against the west. Muslims around the world have better things to do then revolve there whole lives around the west.

The only reason why muslims and america are even in conflict is becuase america trying to impose itself on other peoples countries for the last 50 years.

just a few examples :

www.nytimes.com...

www.cnsnews.com...\ForeignBureaus\archive\200309\FOR20030902e.html

edition.cnn.com...

<<   2  3 >>

join