It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

first installment of NAU begins (n. american union)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
haven't been here for a week or so... don't know if this has been posted, but i checked quickly and didn't see anything about this story, so here it is-

bush's superhighway--
--environmental impact statement is complete, public hearings prior to construction begin next month...
--we (taxpayers) will pay for a mexican customs port, located in kansas city...
--a spanish company will control and operate the highway when it is completed...
--the first customs stop, coming from mexico, will be in kansas city...

...welcome to the NAU.

================

www.humaneventsonline.com...

Bush Administration Quietly Plans NAFTA Super Highway
by Jerome R. Corsi
Posted Jun 12, 2006

Quietly but systematically, the Bush Administration is advancing the plan to build a huge NAFTA Super Highway, four football-fields-wide, through the heart of the U.S. along Interstate 35, from the Mexican border at Laredo, Tex., to the Canadian border north of Duluth, Minn.

Once complete, the new road will allow containers from the Far East to enter the United States through the Mexican port of Lazaro Cardenas, bypassing the Longshoreman’s Union in the process. The Mexican trucks, without the involvement of the Teamsters Union, will drive on what will be the nation’s most modern highway straight into the heart of America. The Mexican trucks will cross border in FAST lanes, checked only electronically by the new “SENTRI” system. The first customs stop will be a Mexican customs office in Kansas City, their new Smart Port complex, a facility being built for Mexico at a cost of $3 million to the U.S. taxpayers in Kansas City.

As incredible as this plan may seem to some readers, the first Trans-Texas Corridor segment of the NAFTA Super Highway is ready to begin construction next year. Various U.S. government agencies, dozens of state agencies, and scores of private NGOs (non-governmental organizations) have been working behind the scenes to create the NAFTA Super Highway, despite the lack of comment on the plan by President Bush. The American public is largely asleep to this key piece of the coming “North American Union” that government planners in the new trilateral region of United States, Canada and Mexico are about to drive into reality.

The details of the NAFTA Super Highway are hidden in plan view. Still, Bush has not given speeches to bring the NAFTA Super Highway plans to the full attention of the American public. Missing in the move toward creating a North American Union is the robust public debate that preceded the decision to form the European Union. All this may be for calculated political reasons on the part of the Bush Administration.

A good reason Bush does not want to secure the border with Mexico may be that the administration is trying to create express lanes for Mexican trucks to bring containers with cheap Far East goods into the heart of the U.S., all without the involvement of any U.S. union workers on the docks or in the trucks.

Mod Edit: Added Appropriate 'ex' Tags

[edit on 19-6-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted by hackster

“ . . haven't been here for a week . . don't know if this has been posted . . I didn't see anything about this story, so here it is . . welcome to the NAU.

Bush Administration and the NAFTA Super Highway
by Jerome R. Corsi, Posted June 12, 2006

The Bush Administration is quietly and systematically planning a huge NAFTA Super Highway, a quarter mile wide, running right through the heart of the U.S. along I-35, from the border at Laredo, TX, to the border north of Duluth, MN.

The new road will permit cargo containers from the Far East to enter the US through Mexican ports thereby bypassing the Longshoreman’s Union. Mexican trucks, without the Teamsters Union, will travel on the nation’s most modern highway straight into the heart of America. Mexican trucks will cross the border in FAST lanes, checked only electronically by the “SENTRI” system. The first customs stop will be at a Mexican customs office sited in Kansas City. The new Smart Port complex facility is being built for Mexico at a cost of $3 million to the U.S. taxpayers.

The American public is largely asleep to this key piece of the coming “North American Union” that government planners in the new trilateral region of United States, Canada and Mexico are about to bring into reality. Missing in the creation a North American Union is the robust public debate like that which preceded the formation of the European Union.

Pres. Bush does not want to secure the border with Mexico at the same time the administration is trying to create express lanes for Mexican trucks to bring in containers with cheap Far East goods into the heart of the US without the involvement of US union workers on the docks or in the trucks.
[Edited by Don W]

Sorry, Hack, but Mr Corsi is about 30 years behind the curve. The “curve” is called de-regulation. It began under Jimmy Carter who thought it offered more efficiency and went into high gear under Ronnie Reagan who was a closet libertarian. The Teamsters were "killed" and the Longshoremen are not far behind.

The union movement in America was never strong. Rich yes but strong, no. Richard Nixon gave the unions pneumonia when he made his unholy alliance with Jimmy Hoffa. Ronnie Reagan give unions the coup de grace when he fired the PATCO workers. If the movement was not dead by the end of Reagan’s term, it was moribund and remains so today. A mere shadow of its former self.

The rest of the str9y is pure invention IMO.

[edit on 6/19/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is already under discussion...

United Nations 'Army' Proposed

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
...?

i'm missin' something here...

two replies-
one about jimmy carter/nixon/reagan eliminating labor unions...
one where the topic of a u.n army is already being discussed...

but i posted a link to a story about the trans-north-american superhighway for vehicular travel from mexico to the u.s./canada.

?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted by hackster

I’m missing' something . . 2 replies- one about Jimmy Carter/Nixon/Reagan eliminating labor unions . . 1 where the topic of a UN Army is being discussed . . but I posted a link to a story about the trans-north-American superhighway for vehicular travel from Mexico to Canada? [Edited by Don W]

I’m sorry, Hack, but I got off on a tangent. I think the idea of a new super highway system to serve the entire US is overdue.

I proposed one sometime ago - I called it the American Enterprise Highway System - AEHS - which was to be built in 2 parts, one to serve the eastern US, and the other to serve the western US. The eastern half looks like the letter “Y” with one arm in Chicago, the other arm at NYC, the fork at Atlanta and the base at Miami. The western half looks like a chicken’s wishbone laid on its side. The apex is at St. Louis, the lower arm ends at San Diego and the northern arm ends at Seattle. Running 4 lanes in each direction, each lane 15 feet wide, the roads would be constructed in 400 foot right of ways. Costs would be kept down by not building closer than 50 miles to a major city and by having only one interchange per large city, usually 100 or more miles apart.

This super expressway would appeal particularly to truckers with triple bottoms and 140,000 lbs gvw weight, as well as to long distance auto travelers. Speed limits of 150 km/h. 90 mph. All Toll roads. Buy a 24 or 48 hours pass, no limit on miles or times on and off.

[edit on 6/19/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
good idea... as long as it serves u.s. citizens, WITHIN our borders...

the problem with bush's highway, is that it is not confined to u.s. borders, but allows unchecked access into this country (mexican customs office proposed in kansas city).

[edit on 19-6-2006 by hackster]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This isn't a secret, like they are making it. The idea is to create a way to get produce and economic goods from the south into the US, without putting more of a burden on the US in terms of illegal immigration or border security.

The idea is to have the trucks checked in and presumably sealed before the border, so that they can move past the border quickly and safely and unload their goods in the 'port' cities, so to speak.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
keyword- "presumably".

so, sealed BEFORE reaching the border?

so does that mean the u.s. will have customs offices across the border, in mexico city, or other... like the mexico office in kansas city?

a "blurring" of the borders as such...

oh... dumb me... i forgot- it's the north american UNION.

i see.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted by hackster

“ . . sealed BEFORE reaching the border? Does that mean the U.S. will have customs offices in Mexico City, or others . . like Mexico’s office in Kansas City? "Blurring" the borders . . oh dumb me I forgot - it's the North American UNION. I see.
[Edited by Don W]

Back in the late 1970s, the US and Mexico created a zone along the border, maybe 50 miles into Mexico, called the Maquiladora program which was similar to what you’ve posted. Outbound freight from the zone would be sealed and could cross into the US without delay at the border, and the truck would not be opened until it reached its destination. For its part, Mexico created a two tier minimum wage structure with the higher wages to be paid in the Maquiladora zone. Many American factories did move there but it turned out to be too little, too late. Further, it did not deal with the fact America wanted stoop labor and now, construction workers for on-site employment. Maquiladora could not address those issues.

If we made Mexico the 51st state, this would solve the border issue.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hackster
so, sealed BEFORE reaching the border?

I don't know the precise details of the deal. The idea is to create a corridor in which manufactured goods and other items can be shipped to american markets quickly and safely. We have lanes for ships to move to the markets, why not ones on the ground for semi-trailers???

join