It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On dream, sleep and other (?) activities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I thought I'd start a new thread for this, I didn't want to hyjack the dream trouble thread.

I'd like to talk about something I don't yet have a name for - or at least I haven't run across a term that discribes this as of yet.

I'll discribe this to you all, and hopefully others experience the same thing and we can try to figure out just exactly what happens during this time.

First - I don't know if it's a sleep state or not. I wouldn't say there is any dreaming going on.

This state seems to be not sleep, yet not awake. Time seems to not be an issue, and there is no memory of anything that might be drempt, thought about or seens during this time (seemingly no mental chatter going on, no thought process - or at least nothing is remembered).

For me, I noticed these times only because I'm a clock watcher. That, and I can only fall asleep in a certain position. I lay on my back to do energy work, meditate and other mind/body/spirit things jst before I go to sleep (it helps me sleep - I was an insomiac for many years).

I noticed that there are alot of times when I lay on my back, do my energy work or meditate etc and am not sleeping, that I drift into this state of nothingness it seems. Hour can go by, and when I look at the clock I am stuned thinking that only minutes have went by. (I know I'm not asleep because I am still and not snoring. LOL If I fall asleep on my back I hurt, move alot and start snoring almost immediately (my husband tells me, and it actauly startles me awake too. LOL)

Now there are times during this ??? that other things happen. This is usualy the way it happens when I am visiting a loved on already passed over or seeing something pertaining to someone I care about that is alive etc. But the complete viod of anything is what I'm interested in here. Those times when there seems to be nothing filling that time (or I don't have any memory of it at least).

Also - there are also different sleeps. There are occations (not ner as many as I'd like) that I sleep so completely and totaly that it amazes me. Now from the way others discribe how it feels to them to sleep and how they feel when they wake up - it may be just that those rare occations are actualy just normal sleep and I'm not use to that.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I just posted a dream thing, I really didnt mean to step on your feet with this. I think I should have looked at the site before posting, I am sorry for that. I have talked to you before about dreaming and what can be done, if you feel like you want to, will you tell me what you think of my dream?
Once again sorry about "stepping on your feet"

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sure, I'll run and look right now...
Angela

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey CORF - I don't see your thread. What was your dream about? Was it the one posted a long time ago?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No its one that was 4 nights ago.
yea, they moved it to BTS, dreams thingy. Not to sure if that means Im full of it or what. Just alot of things have been given/shown or what have you to me. Bla bla...
Its as if someone was showing/explaning what has or might happen. Or its just me.
The mountains where I was shown where the cane beds. Back in that area.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by CORF]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
For me, the biggest indication that a dream isn't just a dream is how I feel about it. It may be a bit different (more colorful, more meaning ful during the dream, less 'dream-like' and more real - many ways in which it is different.

Often there will be someone with me and I will not be a part of the dream but instead watching it as if I am not a part of it at all.

But when I wake up - that's the big thing. Sometimes I don't even know what a dream was about, don't remember a thing - but I KNOW something abut smeone, or I know something bad etc...

Is thre anything, besides the content f the dream itself, that is different in this?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Here are a couple of really entertaining things to do once you've been sleep-meditating:
once you've become totally calm begin to will away the sense of your body-tell yourself you have no body-concentrate on seperating yourself from your body-eventually all sensation will die away and you'll feel totally weightless (fun!).

try amplifying the sensation of your heartbeat. Just sleep-meditate and concentrate on the feeling of the shockwave your heart sends through your body each time it beats. If you can't feel or hear it at first just keep relaxing and hold your breath a little and/or open your ears like you're popping them. Eventuallly you will only feel the tremendous pulse of your heartwave (amazing!)

This one isn't as much fun as it is life changing: pretend that you are dying. try to let your body go as you meditate. this can be very frightening the first few times! enough said. Just die.

You'll have lots of crazy experiences with this stuff. Have fun!! ...and TRY IT.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Actualy, the first time I thought I had finaly gotten to the point of meditation sucessfully - it scared the crap out of me becuase I thought I would actualy, literaly die. Needless to say, I don't go that deep anymore!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thats frightening stuff. I want to try these things but...I don't think I'll be able to. It seems a little out of my league. Meditating and stuff...I dont know...but very interesting. Maybe go into a little more depth neuro or Angela.

top topics

join