It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tool and Maynard...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I am sure that many other people have posted about tool or Maynard but I want to spark a conversation about him/the band

I have been the biggest tool fan forever so my views will more than likley be in favor of the band.

But all in all, my opinion (as much as I can think from a non-fan view point) is that they have to be one of the most artistic /educated/talented group of musicains I have ever heard.

Let me give you an example

Maynard uses mathmatical equations in his lyrics and melodies when he sings for instance this is from the song "Lateralis"

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Tool F****** ROOLZ.

It is really heavy, Maynard's philosophy. The songs are complex as hell.

And Tool in concert is really an experience of its own.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i agree Tool and A Perfect Circle are definitely two of the best bands around today, Maynard is a freakin musical genius, lyrically and musically. The thing with alot of people is they can't get past the heavy metal sound of it, even though their style is one all their own, no other band really sounds like them, with the exception of A Perfect Circle, and thats only because it has two Tool members in it lol... well Billy howerdel isnt really a member of Tool he was a guitar tech.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I also enjoy Tool and Perfect Circle.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
That number sequence is called the fionacci sequence. i.e. 1+1=2 2+1=3 3+2=5. so its 11235 and it goes up then down again. in lateralus this is the spiral he's talking about. On a graphing calculator if you input the right coorinates it producese a perfect spiral.Danny Carey the drummer also has a fascination with the occult and numerology.

new topics

top topics

join