It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Please Tell Me What Happened?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I experienced three 'strange' incidents (at least these are the ones I actually remember) while growing up and during my lifetime, and although I have a theory of what happened, I'm not so sure and am asking if any of you can tell me what might have happened.

First off, I'm not even sure this is the correct forum to post them in, so if it's not then to the mod, please feel free to move it where it belongs.

I have debated for several years now whether to even post this as it may sound 'kooky' to some, however, I assure you, I am of sound mind.

The first incident happened in 1966-67, when I was in 6th grade in S. Calif.

I was being informed by the teacher why I was receiving an incomplete for the entire past 6 weeks of class as I had not done any of the work (or so the teacher said). Now, I was an honor student and there was no way I was not going to do work that had been assigned. When I asked what work I had missed, I was told of assignments that I had never even heard of. I was really puzzled and remarked that I must have not been there for those 6 weeks. But the teacher said I had not missed a single day. I couldn't remember any of that 6 week time period, and still don't to this day.

The next incident happened in 1969-70 when I was in 9th grade, also in S. Calif.

The class had gone to the multipurpose room to watch the movie "Old Yeller."
Everything started off well enough but about half way through the movie the sound changed and I couldn't understand a word of it. It sounded like a completely different language. Now, problems with films weren't that uncommon at school, so I thought, well there's a problem with the projector. As I sat waiting for them to fix it, I noticed that the rest of the kids were still watching the movie, laughing or looking sad, as the movie must have called for at certain times. They seemed to understand it just fine.

Then I noticed that the kids sitting closest to me, who were talking during the film, were using the same unknown language, and I couldn't understand a word they were saying either. That scared me.

After the film was over, everyone was still talking in a language I couldn't understand. I wasn't sure what to do, so being a teenager who could get away with seeming to be moody, I just kept my mouth shut. And I kept my mouth shut for the several weeks it took before I slowly started understanding the language. I didn't tell anybody, besides what would I have said? And there was a good chance they wouldn't understand what I was saying anymore than I could understand them.

The third incident happened in 1983, in Okla. when I was 28 and married with children.

We were asleep and I had the strangest 'dream' that I had left my plane of existence (for the lack of a better way to explain it), and been taken somewhere else.

In this other place I was put through training for some upcoming and huge battle and at the end I was handed a sword and told that I would remember at that time. So I guess that I was supposed to not remember this 'dream' until later.

The problem here though, was that my husband had awoken, looked over to where I was supposed to be and instead of seeing me there he said I was gone and there was a man sitting on the edge of the bed where I was supposed to be. It scared the crap out of my husband and he kicked the man really hard. But when he did that, I was back and it was me that he ended up kicking, AND IT REALLY HURT!

When I came out of it and looked at him to ask why he had kicked me, his face was white as a sheet, and he jumped up to look for an intruder that he never found.

I had a feeling that the man he had seen was someone who was holding my place in this world until I came back.

For all I know there could have been many more incidents that I just don't remember, and I only remembered the last one because the kick jolted me awake.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have never heard anything like this before.
.Did your husband describe the man to you? In the 1966-67 incident I doubt you can remember this but could you describe what the language sounded like. Was it like electronic or jibberish or something?

[edit on 18-6-2006 by Alien Infiltrator]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Infiltrator
I have never heard anything like this before.
.Did your husband describe the man to you?

Yes he did. He also tried to draw a picture of the man he saw, but he wasn't very good at drawing. What he showed was a light haired man, who the husband SWORE was EVIL. But you'd have to understand the closed-mindedness of my husband and I had no feelings of anything evil.

In the 1966-67 incident I doubt you can remember this but could you describe what the language sounded like. Was it like electronic or jibberish or something?

The first thing that came to my mind at that time was, this is what Greek must sound like, but I think that reaction may have been because what I was hearing was just so foreign to me.

mod edit: quote clarity

[edit on 20-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Interesting story.

When you lost the 6 weeks, did you just forget the class and schoolwork, or the entire 6 weeks of after school as well? It is strange how your husband saw this man and you gone.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes

After the film was over, everyone was still talking in a language I couldn't understand. I wasn't sure what to do, so being a teenager who could get away with seeming to be moody, I just kept my mouth shut. And I kept my mouth shut for the several weeks it took before I slowly started understanding the language. I didn't tell anybody, besides what would I have said? And there was a good chance they wouldn't understand what I was saying anymore than I could understand them.

So you say you slowly started understanding the language? Why don't you provide us with a sample? Write down a short phrase and see if we can match it with another language. Don't worry about spelling, just write it down like it sounds in your head and we will do the the rest
I just hope you didn't forget how to speak !

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I've had things like that happen to me a lot. I've read about similar things too, I think in books like The Secret School and The Communion Letters (both by Whitley Striber).

Best guess is that there's a real way all this is meant to be, and this ain't largely it, but some people have a link to how it is really supposed to be - I think it's to do with being connected to people that chose to do harm to get this world. So there's people in this world who did not choose to go along with it, but for some reason they are brought here anyway.

A frivolous example - ever see the Simpsons episode when Lisa is meant to go to Heaven, but only because of Homer she gets pulled into the rubbish Hell they are all assigned to?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have been through a situation very similar to the one you described. It happend recently (5 years ago). I lost two full weeks without remembering anything at all. I only know this because suddenly at work I had become very far behind (hadn't touched a single file for exactly two weeks) although all my co-workers said I had been there every day and appeared to be working as usual.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
One thing I doctor might tell you, to try to explain the odd language issue, is that you might have experiences a kind of Wernicke's Aphasia from something like transitory ischemia.

During the time when the language seemed foreign, did you do any speaking, talk to yourself, etc? If so, what happened?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Interesting story.

When you lost the 6 weeks, did you just forget the class and schoolwork, or the entire 6 weeks of after school as well? It is strange how your husband saw this man and you gone.

I don't remember anything of those 6 weeks. From what I was told, I was still here, but I can't remember a thing about the time.

As for the husband, he told me that the man looked over at him and just glared. My husband said he felt very threatened.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Seems to me you remembered quite a bit?

mod edit: removed quote of previous post

[edit on 20-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kancho

So you say you slowly started understanding the language? Why don't you provide us with a sample? Write down a short phrase and see if we can match it with another language. Don't worry about spelling, just write it down like it sounds in your head and we will do the the rest
I just hope you didn't forget how to speak !

I can't remember any words from the language, it was 36 years ago. I do know it sounded like a human language, but it was one I didn't know. However, I could still speak. The one time I tried to communicate during that time, I was trying to talk to my sister. It was obvious that she couldn't understand me though, so I just decided it was best not to talk to anyone. She didn't act alarmed by it, but she may have thought I was speaking the Spanish I had learned in 7th grade.

I knew enough about French and German to know that those weren't the languages either. I don't speak those two very well, but I do recognize them.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209

Best guess is that there's a real way all this is meant to be, and this ain't largely it, but some people have a link to how it is really supposed to be - I think it's to do with being connected to people that chose to do harm to get this world. So there's people in this world who did not choose to go along with it, but for some reason they are brought here anyway.

Your post struck a chord with me. I do come from several bloodlines that are reputed to be against mankind, but I don't agree with them at all (if what is said is indeed true). As a matter of fact, I and my immediate ancestors have fought FOR the rights of men, so much so that our early citizens went broke helping to finance the Revolutionary War because they felt it was the right thing to do. We later descendents still agree with their decision, although our branch of the family was never able to recover financially.

You said, "but for some reason they are brought here anyway." Hmmm. I do know that I was born quite prematurally and caught pneumonia at 3 weeks of age. I was told that by the time they got me to the hospital I was pronounced dead. But they said I simply refused to die, that they had rarely ever seen such a tiny baby fight back so hard. My Mom said she knew then how strong my will power was.

There is another thought that has come to mind,...I don't know much about it but what are walkins and what do they entail? I have wondered if that might be what happened.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by ShadowEyes]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I have been through a situation very similar to the one you described. It happend recently (5 years ago). I lost two full weeks without remembering anything at all. I only know this because suddenly at work I had become very far behind (hadn't touched a single file for exactly two weeks) although all my co-workers said I had been there every day and appeared to be working as usual.

Then you know how unnerving it is. I would be willing to bet that you, like I, have no memory at all of what happened during that time.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

During the time when the language seemed foreign, did you do any speaking, talk to yourself, etc? If so, what happened?

Yes, I did talk to myself and to my own ears, I sounded normal, I could understand myself just fine. That was one of the things that made it really hard for me to understand why everyone else sounded so foreign.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You said, "but for some reason they are brought here anyway." Hmmm. I do know that I was born quite prematurally and caught pneumonia at 3 weeks of age. I was told that by the time they got me to the hospital I was pronounced dead. But they said I simply refused to die, that they had rarely ever seen such a tiny baby fight back so hard. My Mom said she knew then how strong my will power was.

I stand by Ectoterrestrial on this one. Reading the comment above you may suffer from Wernicke's Aphasia.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Seems to me you remembered quite a bit?

No, not really. The missing 6 weeks happened in 1966-67, but the incident with my husband happened in 1983.

I am convinced that the only reason I have a better memory of the 1983 one was because I was jolted awake by the kick. Like maybe whatever was being done to erase the memory didn't get a chance to be fully put in place.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
And why would your memory be erased? because you "come from several bloodlines that are reputed to be against mankind?"

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I stand by Ectoterrestrial on this one. Reading the comment above you may suffer from Wernicke's Aphasia.

I have never heard of this. I'm going to go search to see if I can learn anything about it. It could be the answer. I will be back in a little while.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And why would your memory be erased? because you "come from several bloodlines that are reputed to be against mankind?"

I have no idea.
The bloodlines likely have nothing to do with it, and were mentioned only in reference to the thought that it could be because I was being made to be here, perhaps as a part of something I didn't agree with.

I am aware that it is not unusual for an abductee to have the memory erased, but in my case, I don't see how that could be what happened because I was still here the entire time.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Did your language skills return or did you have to re-learn English? just curious how you got by without talking for weeks, i know for a fact that in today's world, you'd probably be hospitalised and then god have mercy on you, you'd have been branded ADHD/whatever and/or autistic for life. mind numbing drugs included, of course.

Besides, did you have to write anything during your foreign language episode? if so, did it work OR (i'd be really curious if this were true) did you produce hieroglyphics ?

Also, you mentioned you magically lost six weeks without your knowledge, could it be that these are exactly the same six weeks and your memory is just off and a bit garbled? i mean what you describe sounds dramatic i doubt no-one would notice, unless you had your 'backup personality' running the show
albeir poorly

PS: Thanks for posting, i like bizzare stories

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join