It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army called to fight toad invasion in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Army called to fight toad invasion in Australia

An Australian state government called for the army to be deployed against an invasion of toxic toads.

Battalions of imported cane toads are marching relentlessly across northern Australia and the West Australian government wants soldiers to intercept the environmental barbarians.

State Environment Minister Mark McGowan has written to Defence Minister Brendan Nelson asking permission to use soldiers based in the neighbouring Northern Territory to kill the toads.

More...

:shk:

Amazing...

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You can't kill them almost. They're immune to poison, you run them over with a car and their internal organs get forced out their mouth, they swallow everything that comes out (it just stuns them) and hop away, they have no predators, and damn near the only way to kill them is to blow them apart some how. They're decimating the natural frog population there, and they're toxic so anything that DOES try to eat them dies. It's about time they did something like this to try to stop them.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Between these toads and the crown of thorns starfish that are eating the Great Barrier Reef Australia seems to have its hands full with aliens species.

Those starfish are pretty darn hard to kill as well. You have to inject every leg with poison (sometimes up to twenty legs
) If not it will regrow. Forget chopping them up becuase each piece can regrow into another starfish.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
We don't get em down here yet, but it's only a matter of time. My family up north apparently gets golf clubs and whack the things to kingdom come, which sounds like fun.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Golf clubs

That made me think what would be the most effective items the Australia military would have to fight the toad? They still got flamethrowers?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Eek! They're reaching the northern territory. they're gonna mutate in old uranium mines and become super-duper toads. Seriously though, what a pest. Some bright spark introduced them to eat bugs off sugar cane, instead, they're eating the country.

For a light hearted animated look at cane toads check outwww.cane-toad.com...

apparently crusties/ferals get high on frog licking. Eeeww.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
loam
I can still remember when i was a kid i & used to go toad hunting at night ..but now years later i do see none around. But these pest need to be killed off for the sake of the other wildfile that they destroy

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
that's like that episode of simpsons

damn that Bart Simpson and his toad

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey, folks, here are some related threads I had forgotten about:

Toxic toads 'threaten disaster'

Climate culprit for frog deaths

top topics

join