It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some shred of Dignity Please?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
do we acutually want the kind of small minded people who would take ofence at a fluff thread ??

No one is really taking offense at it, I myself think it's hysterical. It's not a matter of offense, it's a matter of what do you want to project on your front page. Perception goes a long way and first impressions during a hot ATS exclusive is important.

It is BTS and it is on the ATS home page. Others obviously agree.

At the same time I am wondering how the coding is even causing this to occur. The WMD thread is much longer than the thread in question and even when it has a more recent response than the one in question, it still appears below it.

[edit on 6/19/2006 by Relentless]

[edit on 6/19/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
So, um... does this mean I shouldn't name my big ATSNN world exclusive "Bush Is A Poopie Head"?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well, come on Majic - that's not exactly news.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
At the risk of taking this in a new direction...away from poopie-heads, etc., I find it interesting that an alternative slant on boobies is available.

Hopefully this fascinating find will suffice to redirect attention from the female human anatomy and toward a more rivetting subject.

Maybe not.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Hopefully this fascinating find will suffice to redirect attention from the female human anatomy and toward a more rivetting subject.

I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, as a relatively new poster, I am aware that my opinion carries little weight as of yet. But here it is, anyway...

If the greater site (ATS, BTS, PTS, etc.) is going to have ONE 'main page', with a list of high-activity threads, then I respectfully disagree with the idea of not displaying some threads.

Why? Because that is the truth of what is going on here. Plain and simple.

I haven't even looked at the 'boobie' thread, let alone responded - I am not interested in that kind of discussion.

But again, if that is the truth of what is popular for the moment, then it is the truth.

Now if the site were to be re-organized such that ATS only threads are on the front page of ATS, and same with BTS, PTS, etc, I would have no objection to that. Even though I do kind of like the "one stop" approach to what is active on the board.

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I agree with you entirely Relentless.

Valhall could you please post the link to theThe Secret Battle over Boobs thread....I would like to voice my disgust after doing a little research that is.....

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Although I understand where everyone is coming from, I don't know if I think BTS should be bumped off the list entirely. Clearly the problem is the ridiculousness of the title. If it was just "Photos of ATS Members" that was on the top of the list, I don't think many people would have a problem.

I don't know if this is true, but I think BTS probably has a much lower visitor and post count than ATS does. I for one only really ever go to BTS when an ATS thread I'm taking part in gets redirected, or I catch an interesting title on the main page
. I think the people over on BTS could use the little bit of free advertising. There's no reason we have to be serious all of the time.

I don't think one post about 'boobies' will entirely ruin our dignity and credibility; it will just show people that we are a well-rounded forum with something for everyone.

If boobs are the hottest discussion on ATS&BTS, then so be it

Although it seems it has already been removed off the list.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Honestly, who cares? IMO if you find insignificant things like this winding you up, you certainly lead a charmed life.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think it's good to see not so serious threads up there too, it stops noobs heads from exploding.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think this is a good idea, not because of what casual surfers or lurkers think, but because if I want to view BTS style discussions I would actually go to the BTS board.

I love the addition of this hot topic/popular topic box. It gives, at a glance, a sight about what is being discussed by quite a lot of people. The space in these boxes is finite, as such serious topics (that im here to read) are being displaced by frivolous BTS topics.

Its a good idea for ATS members that want to read ATS threads!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bramski
I think it's good to see not so serious threads up there too, it stops noobs heads from exploding.

I know exactly what you mean. The splatter is untidy. No really, if first time visitors don't see some kind of light-hearted content, I can see them 'clicking through' and not exploring the depth of content here.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
At the risk of taking this in a new direction...away from poopie-heads, etc., I find it interesting that an alternative slant on boobies is available.

Masqua, do you happen to be a Farscape fan? Particularily the first couple of seasons?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join