It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some shred of Dignity Please?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I honestly think the board needs to not include BTS in the Hot Discussions list on the front page.

The "Why Men like Girl Boobs" has been above "The Secret Battle Over WMDs" all day. I really find this pathetic.

Is this the image of ATS?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Maybe if they do include them, they could at least jumble them randomly so that nobody actually knows what they are clickin into.

Like this...

Why men like WMDs

The Secret Battle over Boobs

Massive popping over thread?

It would make it more interesting!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I noticed the same thing earlier...

Not a HUGE deal, but definitely makes you do a double-take.

I think it's a good idea to restrict the front page to ATS/NN articles.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'd have to agree.

The BTS Top 25 should'nt appear on the Main ATS page, or the 'Home' Main Page.

It should be restricted to the BTS Main page.

[edit on 6/18/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Maybe if they do include them, they could at least jumble them randomly so that nobody actually knows what they are clickin into.

Like this...

Why men like WMDs

The Secret Battle over Boobs

Massive popping over thread?

It would make it more interesting!

LMAO! I do think the thread is hysterical, but cme on guys - do you expect us to take you seriously after this? EVER? (Can't wait to see how it progresses as the Sunday night spirits influence/provoke further responses.)

But still, it's appropriate for BTS, I just don't think it should be on the front page of ATS, especially showing as hotter topic than real ATS quality threads.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
I honestly think the board needs to not include BTS in the Hot Discussions list on the front page.

The "Why Men like Girl Boobs" has been above "The Secret Battle Over WMDs" all day. I really find this pathetic.

Is this the image of ATS?

W M D 's as in "Women Methods of Distratcion" ????

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I also agree. Only the top 25 ATS threads should appear on the ATS Main page, same goes for BTS/PTS.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Dignity in a forum that has ads for Fart buttons and "tickle me" and other cool things. Why ruin a good thing with class and decorum.

I think PT Barnum said it best when he said "no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the public"

As for hot discussions; one mans' hot discussion in another mans' dreck.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We'll see if it's a simple code tweak, hopefully it is and S.O. can snap it p easily and without pain. I made it a little less undignified...

Springer...

[edit on 6-18-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Erm...not meaning to nitpick on this...but the correct spelling is 'bosom', not busom.

I'm in agreement that only ATS threads should grace the home page 'hot topics'.
Chit Chat is for frilly fluff.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Bosom Buddies

In fairness, there are some truly deep and insightful comments in the "boobs" thread.

And yes: "bosoms", not "busoms".

Oh, and um... LOL BTS!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
will " casual surfers " really be put off / offended by the realisation that ATS members have hormones and a healthy sex drive ???

come on folks -- is it not get a grip time ???

do we acutually want the kind of small minded people who would take ofence at a fluff thread ??

and if anyone discounts the realms of A1 research and insight that ATS members produce every day -- just because of a fluff thread -- then frankly screw them , its thier loss not ours

such " logic " is known as " poisoning the well " - and has no place here

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
and if anyone discounts the realms of A1 research and insight that ATS members produce every day -- just because of a fluff thread -- then frankly screw them , its thier loss not ours

Amen! I won't go so far as to say that ATS should remove/keep the BTS threads on the hot discussions, but I do want to give ape kudos for this comment. FWIW, I like that mentality, and I think that this kind of thinking would be more beneficial (within reason) than any other kind of trying-to-please-the-masses ideals.

Besides, having a thread about boobs near an interview about WMD's helps keep things in the right perspective in my opinion--life's too short to be taken seriously, not like any of us are going to get out of it alive anyways.

Okay, I'll go back into the shadows again

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Many times I tell friends or colleagues about ATS. It's tough enough convincing the average person that conspiracy theory research is serious. I encourage them to check it out with an open mind, and when they pull it up on their screen they are met with, "Why Men Like Girl Busoms", or "The Gay Conspiracy in Vehicles".

[edit on 2006-6-18 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wecomeinpeace,

Fartbuttons, Shoot the grimlin, Tickle the guy with an erection, free lap dances, as banner ads hardly give credence to serious conspiracy investigation either.

This is silly!

[edit on 19-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Actually to tell you the truth, i liked the layout of the front page from the old ATS format a lot better then i do now. It seemed like it was a lot easier to find interesting topics for each section of ATS. Now it is arranged so that topics with the most posts are skyrocketed to the top of the page. This might not be such a wise idea given the fact that rediculous topics often have the most posts because of expressed annoyance at the topic or just plain squabbling between members.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by captinofcats]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
THANK YOU "ignorant_ape"!

[edit on 6-19-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Tickle the guy with an erection,

i missed that one ....

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Originally posted by whaaa
Tickle the guy with an erection,

i missed that one ....

It never happened... :@:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
do we acutually want the kind of small minded people who would take ofence at a fluff thread ??

i see what you are saying here IG, however i dont think its so much an offence as it is an annoyance to most members. I suggested something that would help fix this for everyone in a thread about a new ATS option. if people want to check it out its here

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

captinofcats~

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join