It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean ICBM

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR
geeze.

I still can't believe some yanks think they can just throw a nuke at a country and go home for cookies and milk.

It's called FALLOUT you fools! And it does'nt stay where you dropped it!

It could drift over in to YOUR backyard then you'd actually have to deal with one of your horrible creations and not just have some poor folk sitting on oil in some other part of the world deal with it! (Depleted Uranium anyone?!) not to mention if the US launches, so would everyone else, so its end game there.

YOU CANNOT JUST NUKE A COUNTRY AND GO HOME TO BED!

ITS CALLED "The Environment" and YOU LIVE IN IT TOO!

THUS..... your NUKES ARE USELESS! A USELESS WEAPON! A BIG FAT PLASTIC SWORD!

The amount of nuclear weapons required to remove Iran and North Korea would not be sufficient to harm our environment to any significant degree.

If the current Iranian leader had the power that the United States currently holds he would no doubt be like Hitler and enforce his beliefs upon the world at large through mass slaughter. Please understand there is a distinct difference bewteen promoting a belief and enforcing it.

The Government in the USA is far far from good. It is pretty corrupt in fact, but thankfully for Americans there are laws, checks and balances in place that have so far prevented us from completely losing our freedoms to the corruption that lives in our Senate, Presidency and Congress.

For the most part, America has used its power as a reaction to attack or threats. One could argue Iraq was not this type of case and I would agree with you. Fortunately those checks and balances are reigning in the hand that would invade Iran and N Korea with limited cause.

I do not think America should attack N Korea or Iran with nuclear weapons unless they provoke us by using or supporting the use of a WMD on the US or its allies.

I also do not think the North Korean and Iranian governments are mature enough to be allowed great power (in this case nuclear weapons). I would argue Pakistan is probably not mature enough either (we will just have to hope thier President can change that).

We have nuts over here too but most of us have no grudge at all with Iranians and Koreans or anyone, but they have never risen up and demanded freedom. So they (the people) are stuck with backwards uncivilized governments who promote hate and propaganda against freedom early in the lives of thier people.

These governemnts must never be allowed to yield power enough to enforce thier sick will upon others. Sadly it will take some Iranians or Koreans to realize they must stand up and fight for thier freedoms too, but since they are very much oppressed early in life with brain washing in school they will likely never even think of freedom because they do not know any better.

Another way to see Iran and North Korea change is for other powerfull countries to remove the governments there. If THEY keep pushing our buttons that may very well happen wether most of us support such things or not.

If they make themselves too dangerous they may cause a war.

In some cases you have to inflict your will upon them before they can inflict their will upon you. I am not particularly good at determining where that line is because I still think the invasion of Iraq was not needed. Bombs could have removed Saddam eventually.

I think assasination is a better choice than seeing the innocents caught in the middle die to collateral damage. Assasination should become a weapon of choice since less innocents die.

I do not support nuking anyone that is not going to try and kill us or enforce their sick will upon us if that is what you think my previous post ment.

I feel sorry for the North Koreans that never got to live a truely enriched life because of some wacko leader.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
I'm curious what you would do if you were the leader of a country and North Korea lobbed a missile - nuclear or not - into your country?

Well, of course I'd follow by example and suddenly go INVADE! And drop 10 billion bombs on a million civilians, hoping 1 hit some bad guy, and then declare MISSION ACCOMPLISHED before sending 3000 of our men to their deaths, raping and ransacking their women, schools, churches, and douse their whole environment for centuries in lethal radiation!

AND THEN

I'd come to my senses and realise... they fired 1 missile at us? Well lets fire one back! But just one! And in a similar population centre (ie. if it hit in the outback, let our missile hit them in their outback, if it hit a population centre, then I would'nt be EVIL, i'd just aim for their launchpads and not go killing a million babies just coz somebody penetrated our virginal territory!)

[edit on 19-6-2006 by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Xeven - Good, well thought out arguement.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
(duplicate pls delete)

or I could just say it again! Good, well thought out arguement Xeven.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Man.....just hear what you are saying. Oh your country is SO GREAT it can destroy everyone, just put the buttons, right! This is the kind of talk that I hate. Should think of the people that are in it, they don't have a clue of what is going on or what their leader does. But yeah, just wipe it out.

No words for you......!

I'm curious what you would do if you were the leader of a country and North Korea lobbed a missile - nuclear or not - into your country?

Oh come one, we all know this will never happen. Do you think he is crazy. Well he is actualy, but not that crazy!!

All the time he only said that he will use them if the US will attack his country. And I think it's his right if the US attacks him. We all know that your country have the most dangerous wappens and will use them when they want and that is legal?

Maybe it's because Bush is afraid other countries can battle him equaly and they are not the only super power anymore? So you mean that basicly your country is the only one that is aloud to build these things?

Maybe Bush should starting to shut up his mouth and not threathning the rest of the world that he will attack them, this makes it only worse and countries that are threatnend are building their own defense because of that.

You are the one that build these things first, maybe you should start with yourself.

Sorry for my bad English.

[edit on 19/6/2006 by rai76]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
THEY JUST LAUNCHED!!!!!!

Ok only kidding...

but heres something juicy:

..."However, he pointedly used the term "launch" rather than "test" to describe the North Korean preparations and said Pyongyang's intentions were not clear.

"A test would imply that you would know the intentions," he said. "We don't know the intentions."

from news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
Maybe it's because Bush is afraid other countries can battle him equaly and they are not the only super power anymore? So you mean that basicly your country is the only one that is aloud to build these things?

Yep, these guys are wacko. Why then would we want to let them become equals if we can prevent sicko people (like Hitler) from gaining power?

The USA is not perfect and we are usually morally correct and have the interest of all human beings in mind when we take action. Most of us are not after power or relish in the fact that our nation is powerfull it is something we are born to.

North Korean leader thinks he is a god and Iranian leader wants everyone to worship his god in his way. That is rediculas and backwards to civilization.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i dont mean 2 be a baby or anything but... could the missle strike really happen . and could it really hit us?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
JIMC5499,

Yes I would defenetly support the elamination of the leadership of North Korea, no doubt about that, but there are other ways. And not with the same lie you invated Iraq.

You say that North Korea is the only threath to South Korea and Japan. Don't you think Japan is capable to defend theirselves. Why should the US be involved in this? Maybe because if they invade North Korea and they have enough troops stationed that Japan will be easier to fight too if it comes so far?

The whole point is that the US is afraid other countries will get the same weapons that they have and they can no longer call themselves THE super power.

I do believe the US wants global domination, infact they have that already and they will do anything to keep that.

You have a firm belief that the US would never take this route and furthermore the leadership of Iran and North Korea believe it as well, otherwise they wouldn't be spouting off the crap that they are now. But what if mine country would start to build something like that? Will you also threath us the same way. Yes ofcourse, because you want to be the only one, so when it comes that far you can threath anyone.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Whoever gets to it first can sell it on E-Bay!

Of course it'll be worth more if it's autographed.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

JIMC5499,

You say that North Korea is the only threath to South Korea and Japan. Don't you think Japan is capable to defend theirselves. Why should the US be involved in this? Maybe because if they invade North Korea and they have enough troops stationed that Japan will be easier to fight too if it comes so far?

The whole point is that the US is afraid other countries will get the same weapons that they have and they can no longer call themselves THE super power.

I do believe the US wants global domination, infact they have that already and they will do anything to keep that.

You have a firm belief that the US would never take this route and furthermore the leadership of Iran and North Korea believe it as well, otherwise they wouldn't be spouting off the crap that they are now. But what if mine country would start to build something like that? Will you also threath us the same way. Yes ofcourse, because you want to be the only one, so when it comes that far you can threath anyone.

First. No Japan isn't able to defend itself. Part of the settlement of WWII was that Japan is only allowed to have a self-defence force. If North Korea starts lobbing missiles Japan doesn't have the ability to eliminate that threat.

Your question "what if mine country were to build something like that?" would be easier to answer if I knew what country you are from.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Your question "what if mine country were to build something like that?" would be easier to answer if I knew what country you are from.

Sorry...Netherlands. A very big threath ofcourse
but still....

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Sorry...Netherlands. A very big threath ofcourse
but still....

If your country was building nukes and it's leadership was making the same type of statements that Iran and North Korea are making then my answer would be yes.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Rai 76 you are absolutely correct. The Leaders of the United States want to maintain and/or get more power. Buy controlling who has technology and weapons they feel they get to be Big kid on the Block. The idealistic solution is to just have everyone get rid of nuclear weapons but seeing as that isn't going to happen safegaurds need to be in place to keep rogue states and individuals from aquiring these weapons.

We have to at the minimum protect ourselves, but use of force against a soverign nation before they have actually aggressed on you is wrong in my opinion. Sanctions as well are in my opinion wrong because it doesnt hurt the people in power it hurts the citizens who many times are not in control of thier nation. Sanctions are like the Whipping boys of Old England. Royal child gets in trouble you beat the whipping boy. Royal kids remain spoiled. Rogue states continue to hate us. I mean common.

But thats just my opinion. Great thread

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
Rai 76 you are absolutely correct. The Leaders of the United States want to maintain and/or get more power. Buy controlling who has technology and weapons they feel they get to be Big kid on the Block. The idealistic solution is to just have everyone get rid of nuclear weapons but seeing as that isn't going to happen safegaurds need to be in place to keep rogue states and individuals from aquiring these weapons.

We have to at the minimum protect ourselves, but use of force against a soverign nation before they have actually aggressed on you is wrong in my opinion. Sanctions as well are in my opinion wrong because it doesnt hurt the people in power it hurts the citizens who many times are not in control of thier nation. Sanctions are like the Whipping boys of Old England. Royal child gets in trouble you beat the whipping boy. Royal kids remain spoiled. Rogue states continue to hate us. I mean common.

But thats just my opinion. Great thread

Why would you consider yourself any safer if your country had nuclear weapons? If the US is so power hungry why hasn't your country been invaded or taken over? Give me a break. If the US was bent on global domination they would have done it in 1946, when we still had the build-up from WWII and were the only country with nuclear weapons. When answering Rai76's question I asked him what country he was from. His reply was the Neatherlands. My statement to him was if the leadership of his country started making the statements that Iran and North Korea have been making then yes I would consider them a threat.

The point I am trying to make here isn't the right of Iran or North Korea to have nuclear weapons. Personally I don't care. It is when the leadership of those countries state that they have intentions of using nukes when and if they get them that concerns me. As far as I know the leadership of the Neatherlands has never made a statement about it using nukes or even that it desires to have nukes. If it were to start a nuclear weapons program I wouldn't have the same concern that I do with Iran or North Korea.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The point I am trying to make here isn't the right of Iran or North Korea to have nuclear weapons. Personally I don't care. It is when the leadership of those countries state that they have intentions of using nukes when and if they get them that concerns me. As far as I know the leadership of the Neatherlands has never made a statement about it using nukes or even that it desires to have nukes. If it were to start a nuclear weapons program I wouldn't have the same concern that I do with Iran or North Korea.

Well, thirst is that I do care who has nuclear weapons or not, rather wish that ET came down to pick up the nuclear stuff here
I am totally against it.

As far as I can remember the leader of North Korea only said that he will use them if he will be attacked by the Americans in that way.

The US don't have the desire to have nukes, they have them already for a long time.

The US should set an example and destroy ever nuclear stuff, but thats like......

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sounds like a good oppurtunity for the US to unveil the aurora or some such particle beam weapon that will make NK think twice

Anyone got the launch pad coordinates of it on google earth? It might be worh checking out! I wouldnt mind seeing the crater from their other nuclear tests on there either!

[edit on 19-6-2006 by DeepCoverUK]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
And above all, the US was crazy enough at that time (well your government is still) to use it and that sets an example!

Seen from the point of North Korea, I can't blame them. The US has proven more than once over the past years that it is the most aggresive country in the world. The invaded countries without legetimed reasons, with lies. It's not that strange that North Korea thinks, wow...stop....this won't happen to me too and we shall defend ourselves!

[edit on 19/6/2006 by rai76]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR
geeze.

I still can't believe some yanks think they can just throw a nuke at a country and go home for cookies and milk.

It's called FALLOUT you fools! And it does'nt stay where you dropped it!

It could drift over in to YOUR backyard then you'd actually have to deal with one of your horrible creations and not just have some poor folk sitting on oil in some other part of the world deal with it! (Depleted Uranium anyone?!) not to mention if the US launches, so would everyone else, so its end game there.

YOU CANNOT JUST NUKE A COUNTRY AND GO HOME TO BED!

ITS CALLED "The Environment" and YOU LIVE IN IT TOO!

THUS..... your NUKES ARE USELESS! A USELESS WEAPON! A BIG FAT PLASTIC SWORD!

you missed the part about it being retalitiory.
if the us ever "nukes" anyone it will be strictly a retalitory strike.

we have devistationg weapons that are not nuclear, the MOAB for example
lets say we carpet bomb both nations with these puppies, no fallout!

also, if a nuke goes off inside the U.S. then we already have fallout to deal with and a little more won't hurt that much worse

as far as a plastic sword, you ever seen plastic knives?
them suckers are sharp, specially if you get the hard plastic ones.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by wondernut]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

And above all, the US was crazy enough at that time (well your governmet is still) to use it and that sets an example!

Read some history books. The use of atom bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki actually saved lives, both American and Japanese, in the long run. You can use the fire bombing of Tokyo as an example. Don't forget Okinawa and the civilian suicides there. It was estimated that the invasion of Japan would cost 1 million American lives and as many as 10 million Japanese lives. This is in compairison to 140,000 in Hiroshima and 70,000 in Nagasaki.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join