It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads popping up over thread?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
For the record, I haven't experienced the problem now since the day of my last post.

All of the ads have stayed where they belong.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I forgot to turn on my secondary Pop-Up Blocker before visiting today.

A question to the staff of popup blockers. It has been said that popup blockers are against the ToC. That's all fine, but I have just one question ......... do ads not have to be clicked on, in order for there to be any financial action benifiting ATS? Has things changed, and now it is just the fact that ads show, give ATS a financial benifit?

Did that come out right? lol

NN

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'd like some clarification about the ToS with regards to browser configuration. ArMaP asked:

If Flashblock blocks the ads (I do not know Flashblock) doesn't that go against the conditions with agree upon signing to ATS?

But I didn't see a clear response on this thread (or during a cursory search). I've set up Firefox (version 2.0.0.14) with multiple profiles (using the --ProfileManager command line option), my default profile with AdBlockPlus, NoScript, FlashBlock, no cookies, cache cleaning, custom useragent, etc., and an 'ats' profile, which I've kept at the default settings (except for a reduced cache size) and no extensions.

Since Flash tends to use way too much CPU time on my rather dated (pre Y2K) machine, and since there are constantly new Flash-based zero-day exploits (here's today's), I've just installed the FlashBlock extension on my 'ats' browser profile.

Is that ok? I don't want to short ATS any revenue, but since Flash is an optional browser technology, is having it available to use ATS strictly required? A browser 'configuration guide' would be helpful.

Thanks -- I really don't mind being flexible on this!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I hate the thread-covering pop-ups to a degree I have rarely experienced before.. it is the most annoying thing I've ever seen on ATS... It just happened to me again.. So i decided to get my frustration out by illustrating it.

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
Not clever enough to get away with it for long.

They should've known better then to try to pull one over on a conspiracy site

This Absolutly cracked me up

Nicely done

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join