It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads popping up over thread?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I'm tellin all of ya...

Just switch to FireFox, get you a nice cool looking theme, and never be bothered with pop ups again. (well almost never)

But the point is these are not typical pop-ups and they are not suppossed to be occuring on ATS. So it needs to be addressed.

apc

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a.tribalfusion.com

just got three. two were filtered and one was a windowout jscript so it wasnt caught.
maybe the free laptop has better popup blockers.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by apc]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've received custom instructions on how to block these kinds of ads from TribalFusion and have done so. Give it about 12 hours to fully "take", then let me know if we get any more.

There are some new "style" of ads on Tribal that are normal "leaderboard" banners, but also have the ability to spawn pop-ups, pop-unders, expandos, etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yes.....expandos......I thought so....!!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
MAYDAY

Having massive technical problems -

Can't stay logged in for more than 3 minutes at a time, and if I click anything it logs me out

Problems with ads, too

Started about 48 hours ago

HELP

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
MAYDAY

Might want to take that here ..............

ATS Computer Help

NN

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Today for the first time I've experienced something I haven't seen before. Few ads in the middle of a thread. Check the pic:

What is happening with this ads? Let's not forget the popups that I get every time I open the first thread. I'm always loged in and when I get to the main page is ok. A soon as I click in one thread the page refreshes and my popup blocker blockes something and then the window strangely scrolls down by it self. If I click randomly somewhere in the page a popup Find classemate... will follow. Never had this problem with the old server.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Maybe you should check system for spyware and adware

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't have any spyware or adware. I'm sure about it. Besides the ads I'm talking about were in the page. Not popups.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The budget ad now jumps to a different location when approached with my mouse, rather than just disappearing. It does this twice, and then goes away.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ive been on ATS for about 5 hours and not a single pop-up

It looks as though your fix worked S.O.(at least for me)
thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
To be clear.... MY incident just happened.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I've received custom instructions on how to block these kinds of ads from TribalFusion and have done so. Give it about 12 hours to fully "take", then let me know if we get any more.

Three cheers!!!

As I've stated TribalFusion is one of the worst little buggers, if not THE WORST!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I just got hit with three in about 5 minutes. I haven't had any in the last about three days, now suddenly I got three. I don't know how to get any information about where they're from though or I'd post it here.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Darn - a whole day went by and no pop-outs, but it just happened again on a BTS thread. Even if SO fixes it here, this is apparently a new marketing thingy that is going on and we are going to be seeing it all over the place just browsing around (I already have).

It's flat out obnoxious.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It will only go on until enough people protest getting the site owners to pull the ads.

Those type of ads should be paying at least 10 times the rate as normal ads, since they take up highly vaulable internet real estate, and also can irritate the heck out of customers and members. The site should be highly compensated for the loss of the customers and members.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I just got hit with three in about 5 minutes. I haven't had any in the last about three days, now suddenly I got three. I don't know how to get any information about where they're from though or I'd post it here.

Pull the pop-up window to the front, and select "view source" from your browser menu. Copy the content and send it to me in a u2u.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
It will only go on until enough people protest getting the site owners to pull the ads.

Ummm..... have you been reading this topic?

We've been saying these pop-ups should not be running, and if any do present themselves, copy the code via U2U to SkepticOverlord for analysis.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
S.O. was told about 24 hours to give time. That was yesterday.

I've been on the site most of today and have yet to have a popup/under/over/thu/yougetmydrift, lol.

NN

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Rats! The Rats In The Walls...

This isn't a popup, but a flash ad with sound.

In this case, it's a "clicky keyboard typing" sound. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems to loop, and when tabbed-browsing, if you get multiple instances of it, things start to sound creepy.

It sounds like rats are crawling all over my music.

I'm not sure how to get proper URL data for rotating flash ads, but I think this is the culprit.

The mouseover URL is "bannerfarm.ace.advertising.com" (I think -- it's not consistent in Firefox).

Can ATS specify ads without audio? We put up with the talking clown and the talking smiley ads, now we're being swarmed by rats.

What's next? A rain of poisonous toads? The deletion of our firstborn posts?

Save us, O Skeptic!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join