It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't worry we have NUDETS, no nuclear attack soon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Below is a nice sized quote from just a few tid bits on too much yield weapons of mass extinction. Destruction just don't cut it these days, every third world nation is working on a basement nuke. The stuff is so common it is even used as deleted rounds. If any thing, this should be a eye catcher.

nuclear detonation detection and reporting system
(DOD, NATO) A system deployed to provide surveillance coverage of critical friendly target areas, and indicate place, height of burst, yield, and ground zero of nuclear detonations. Also called NUDETS.

nuclear bonus effects
(DOD, NATO) Desirable damage or casualties produced by the effects from friendly nuclear weapons that cannot be accurately calculated in targeting as the uncertainties involved preclude depending on them for a militarily significant result.

nuclear collateral damage
(DOD) Undesired damage or casualties produced by the effects from friendly nuclear weapons.

operation exposure guide
(DOD) The maximum amount of nuclear radiation that the commander considers a unit may be permitted to receive while performing a particular mission or missions. Also called OEG. See also radiation exposure status.
zero point

zone III (nuclear)

zone II (nuclear)

zone I (nuclear)

satellite and missile surveillance
(DOD) The systematic observation of aerospace for the purpose of detecting, tracking, and characterizing objects, events, and phenomena associated with satellites and inflight missiles, friendly and enemy. See also surveillance.

DOD Dictionary

With the recent rumor on a potention nuke attack, it fits.

[edit added link for do it yourself NUDETS]
AF.mil/pub

What the heck, one more to make three.
Nuclear lightning

[edit on 17-6-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No one has any thing to say or add, diatribe, anything?

I posted good stuff right?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
NUDETS, get your NUDETS HERE! Three for two, six for four, come and get em, hot fresh NUDETS.

Oh well, any one have an idea of how to improve this system and make it more real time interactive? Perhaps a simple version redesigned for modern yield principles? A lot has changed in the decade since this was openly published/available non restricted distribution.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ok, perhaps a vote then...

I guess this is not a good post then? Well, if it only happens once a year, thats not too bad is it.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
send NUDETS or i kill the f*ckin cat!!!

i don't see how this will prevent a nuclear attack.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Sort of why I posted my second reply, about it being outdated and in need of being redesigned.

Prevention is sort of a non issue any ways, we can't uninvent the nuke. But peole can be made more aware of how to take proceadures to increase survival and warning to others. Which in turn would be a prevention on a lesser scale of degrees.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What's the kangaroo doing in your avatar? Flying Qantas?
What is the point of your thread?

What is a NUDET? Is she a friend of yours? Yes I'm being smart but what are you on about? If is this is a veiled threat that you have a nuke and are prepared to use, then we should hear more about it. "Desirable damage...' Whoa brother.
Or to quote Paulene Hanson, 'pleash exshplain'.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Pretty self explanitory, but if you insist.

The information is from the Joint Staff of the DoD dictionary, these are their terms not my own, hence "external source". And yes there may just be a nuke some where, but is is not mine.

Oh, and I don't know what I'm going on about any more...

The roo is for the ATS staff "Team Skippy", headed by Kano.

I have a thread for those sorts of questions on BTS, so you know. Please stay on topic.

top topics

join