It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6th Sense for EM Fields now available for implant!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
So it appears as if two guys from AZ stumbled across a way to allow humans to have a sixth sense. Through accidental means the two inventors found that precious metals implanted in your finger tip would allow you to sense or feel EM fields, from magnets and electromagnets. The article has all the information, but the implant is not done by medical professionals so im skethcy about safety...there are some people commenting on it after surgery and such so take a look and tell me what you think!

PS- Sorry I didnt include direct quotes to make a big fancy post, im still kinda new etc. Where do you guys get the ideas for those huge elaborate looking posts anyway eh?

[url=http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/16272/A_Sixth_Sense_For_A_Wired_World]>>> EM Implants Link Here

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Interesting article, and thanks!

Some of my research for my PhD will touch on this subject. There's a group (based mostly at MIT) who have been doing this kind of thing for a long time, and I'm currently trying to make contact with them to see if they will allow an anthropological study to be done on them. Less accessable, but one that I need to talk to is Dr. Steve Mann. He is the original "cyborg", who has been adding function like this to his body and surroundings since the late 1970's (yes, really!)

Here's Wikipedia on Mann... has lots of links:
en.wikipedia.org...

Ditto for cyborgs:
en.wikipedia.org...

J_3

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
lmao, thats usefull......

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It's a very interesting technology. I wonder just how sensitive we'll be able to get it? Perhaps there may be a way to hook it up to the optic nerve to allow people to "see" magnetic fields in their vicinity. The way they are doing it now is rather crude and risky. Is this just a regular Ferric metal or is it a REE(Rare Earth Element)?

Just re-read the article and it seems that they just use Coated Fe.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by sardion2000]

[edit on 17-6-2006 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join