It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid question, but please be serious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
How does one increase their chances of being abducted by aliens? I know it isn't attractive, but I would love the memory of knowing the truth that is so hard to convince to others without chaos ensuing.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Go outside naked with a tin foil hat and scream, "IM IN THE MATRIX" ?

IDK tho..

we should prob turn to the pros on this one.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It is cold outside, I don't want birds to look down and say, "It's a worm!!!" while my neighbors go, "what the f is wrong with him?"

But seriously, where are the experts?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
No seriously I'm an expert on this take my advice I heard of some guy named David that tried this once and it worked!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What did he do? You are not talking about the naked thing, are you? Because seriously, my neighbors will shoot me.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
"Go outside naked with a tin foil hat and scream, "IM IN THE MATRIX" ?"

I beleive this would get you arrested....

Seriously though I do not think there are experts. Let's say for a minute that this does happen to some people. I beleive it is a completely random process in which they would take individuals one time only and other experiences after that for some are cause by retained memories of the experience.

I do not think anyone is an expert in the field of attracting ET to pick them up for a hot date with an anal probe. For those who this could have happened to I hope they at least had the courtesy to give you a reach around....

Your best bet is to keep wishing for them to come. If they come that is

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I think if you read reports of alien encounters other than sleeper's, you'll not want to be meeting them. It sounds like they have little concern for pain in the persons they abduct. Have you watched that movie, "Fire in the Sky"? Is that what you are wanting? Or do you imagine it to be more like Close Encounters or ET?

Anyway, posts which have a title that says nothing about the content, are usually doomed. Maybe you can edit your title to "How Can I be Abdcted?"

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Maybe they can read?! In big letters write down your request, then leave the message out for them to see !

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
What exactly is you want? A life altering experience? You'll certainly get one of those, but if you are expecting a beautiful, tall blonde haired being to show you the wonders of the universe and open your mind to vast intellect and enlightenment you may be disappointed. You are more likely to be dragged against your will kicking and screaming on to a table, unable to move while they treat you like a lab rat. Uncaring, unfeeling, unaware of your utter terror. You'll be unable to sleep, you'll be closing windows, locking doors, checking closets and be in fear constantly.

You want that? Be careful what you wish for.

And if they had an interest in you, it would already be happening.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I don't expect anything sugarcoated. I just want to know if 15 years of worshipping god was truly in vain. I am already like you have described. I live in a horrible house. Sleep is always my enemy. When I go to bed, I don't even know if I will wake up. I expect them to be unfeeling. My determination for the truth is what makes me think it is O.K. I just want to know the most important question. I hate my life because of my lack of solidity. It is the though of being wrong in my belief that keeps me up at night. I hate that people think I don't know what I am getting into.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
My apologies, I mistakenly assumed you were one of those "I want to be abducted because it'd be cool" people we see form time to time. You clearly aren't, so once again I apologise.

This thread has been far from serious to this point, and I'd like to ask you a couple of questions. You say you worshipped God for 15 years? Was that forced, i.e. when you were younger and your parents dragged you to church, or was it a concious decision you made? I'd also like to know, if you want to talk about it, what exactly has shattered your faith? We all have crisis of varying degrees in our lives, but to shake a 15 year belief in God something must have happened. Feel free to tell me it's none of my business if you like.

On closing, I'd like to add that the greys who abduct humans are not usually very forthcoming with answers. I would love a definitive answer to the question "Is there a God?" but I don't believe they would tell you. And if they did give an answer, it may not be the truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I can understand how you can get that impression.

My parents did drag me to church, and the extreme cultural influence. As for what shattered my faith, many things did it. My grandmother is very religious, devoted her entire life to the faith, in unbelievable amounts. But, 5 years ago she got staff infection. And her faith endured. Alot of the time, she wakes from the pain in her legs, making her narcoleptic-ish. And I thought, "How can god do this to such a heavily faithed person?" Another thing is that I have a enraging fake as my parents. My mom isn't really a mom, she just drinks and doesn't believe in decency.

Since my "faith", christianity doesn't believe in aliens, like alot of other religions, it narrows it down some for me.

EDIT: I typed school instead of church.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Arkham]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Im pretty well read in the subject of alien abductions. And everything I have read basically states that if you haven't been abducted already, it probably wont happen.

There is no pattern to the type of people abducted by aliens. They come from cross sections of society. I think the only factor that I have seen that would make you more prone to abduction is having a family history of abductions. In otherwords, if your parents or siblings have been abducted, you have a higher than normal chance of being abducted. Thats the only factor I have seen.

You cant do anything to "attract" aliens to abduct you. Who they pick and why are mysteries known only to them. So if you want to be abducted but havent been already, don't hold your breath.

Besides, wanting to get abducted by aliens is like saying you want to be locked up in a torutre camp or raped. The vast majority of abductees would stop their experiences if they could. Abduction is unpleasant, it is traumatic, and has caused alot of problems and disruption and chaos in the lives of abductees.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
I think if you read reports of alien encounters other than sleeper's, you'll not want to be meeting them. It sounds like they have little concern for pain in the persons they abduct. Have you watched that movie, "Fire in the Sky"? Is that what you are wanting? Or do you imagine it to be more like Close Encounters or ET?

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
...wanting to get abducted by aliens is like saying you want to be locked up in a torture camp or raped. The vast majority of abductees would stop their experiences if they could. Abduction is unpleasant, it is traumatic, and has caused alot of problems and disruption and chaos in the lives of abductees.

I am also well versed on this subject.

Listen to the above advice.

They are both quite right in their appraisal

The Zetan-aliens treat us like laboratory animals and slaves. Not a fun prospect for a Saturday night adventure.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Go to CSETIs website and use the CE-5 to vector in a spaceship, make sure the signals you send out specifiy that you want the sort of aliens that do abductions.

Either that or read lots by people that have written books about what happened to them and others that got abducted, that'll get you in the right headspace to manifest that kind of reality.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
"I don't expect anything sugarcoated. I just want to know if 15 years of worshipping god was truly in vain. I am already like you have described. I live in a horrible house. Sleep is always my enemy. When I go to bed, I don't even know if I will wake up. I expect them to be unfeeling. My determination for the truth is what makes me think it is O.K. I just want to know the most important question. I hate my life because of my lack of solidity. It is the though of being wrong in my belief that keeps me up at night. I hate that people think I don't know what I am getting into."

Albert Einstein said regarding the universe and how all the energies work with one another. "God does not roll dice" I beleive this to be correct as well.

"I live in a horrible house. Sleep is always my enemy. When I go to bed, I don't even know if I will wake up."

Sounds like to me you need to get your life on track. It also sounds like you suffer from a major case od paranoia. Beleive me when I say don't take death to seriously because it is the one thing that makes all men equall. Anyone of us could go to bed and not wake up. You know what though just say to your self # it. Why because if you did die in your sleep there is nothing you can do about it. We all have to go sometime but in the mean time make the best of your time on this world and enjoy life.

Life is to short to worry about death.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

but if you are expecting a beautiful, tall blonde haired being to show you the wonders of the universe and open your mind to vast intellect and enlightenment you may be disappointed.

Interestingly enough, you just described the encounter that most consider to be the first such encounter, hehe...
Though personally, I don't put much faith in that case study...

Seriously though, my money is on random targetting, or specific targetting, and in either case, it's just luck (bad luck) if they pick you. I seriously doubt there is a way to "attract" this...and if you'd read more accounts, you wouldn't want it anyhow.....

new topics

top topics

join