It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US is in Trillion Dollars in Debt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Why didnt we ever listen to our good old George Washington whos the one who told us to stay out of debt

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thank God for Bush's tax cuts for the rich.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Why didnt we ever listen to our good old George Washington whos the one who told us to stay out of debt

Wow, I had bad punctuation on that. And also, I don't even remember writing that because I don't normally write like that. Strange

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwazzy
Ok, here's what I found. Plz say something else than "this isn't true."
This money isn't gonna be payed back.

buddy, you've been sleeping a LONG time!!!!

try this one out............

rumsfeld says "pentagon missing 2 (two) trillion dollars"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
p.s that was 4 days BEFORE 9-11

anybody remember that???

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yea almost all the nations in the world owes debt to one another.And the US,the wealthiest and strongest nation by far happens to be one of those nations that owes the most.Damn.Sometimes i wonder whether any of these nations will ever bother to pay it back.

Althought e are afew clean cut nations,did you know that south africa is one of only afew nations to have paid off its debt.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Pay back debts?

Trade deficits are an international bond. It gives other nations (China, India, Japan) incentive to continue to trade with the US so as to relieve what stress they have placed on their economies by funding the US's line of credit. It does no good for China to say 'we do not need your financing, factories, computers and chemicals'.

The same is true with European nations.

Who else have these countires to rely on for not only raw materials, as is the case with South Korea and Japan, but who else have the to rely on for protection? It is either the US or Britain or at worse Russia if you choose, take your pick.

The accumulation of debt is essentially an accumulation of the garuntee that trade will not only continue but will be sustained for the far distant and forseeable future.
Case in point: credit card debt. Lenders will not simply cut ties with a customer in debt because they do not pay the minimum. They work to help their customers finance their debt, consolidate and seek other outside lenders. How else have the to make money?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The United States Dollar is a product of the Federal Reserve, not the United States. Don't let the name "federal" fool you. The Federal Reserve is a private company.

Then, the question comes to mind: Who Owns the US Federal Reserve?

Read the shocking answer!:

www.freedomfiles.org...

Here's some more information:

www.financialsense.com...

[edit on 1-12-2006 by realanswers]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Who Owns the US Federal Reserve?

-the irs

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Nevermind