It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Clancy books thred

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
For a while now I have been reading the Tom Clancy books. I started with Hunt for Red October. I have now just started Rain bow Six. Would any one else like to say what they think about the Tom Clancy books?
In general I think they are good stories. They started out very good but I kina think they have slid a little bit in quality with the more recent ones. I think they have kina gotten to be a little bit predictable.

I think my favorate so far has been Karden of the Kremlen.

any one else?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ah yes, I remember Tom Clancy's books fairly well. Cardinal of the Kremlin and Hunt for Red Oktober were two of his finest. I agree his latest offerings leave much to be desired.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Tom Clancy has become about the money and having his name out there. Quite a few of the military thriller authors have gone that way lately.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I cant say the ideas of the two above posters are wrong.
I just dont think clancy is putting out bad books either. I just think his books have gotten a little predictable. But I like the characters he has created. Jack Ryan, and John Clark. So far it sounds like Rainbow Six is going to be mostly about Clark. So that might be a little bit different.

top topics

join