It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard of the Hollow moon theory?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Theories= Scientists have offered 3 major theories all of which could be in trouble.

1. The moon was born out of the same cosmic cloud of dust that created earth 4.6 billion years ago.

2.the moon is earth's child that was ripped out of the pacific bassin.

3.The moon was captured by earth's gravitational pull and was locked into orbit ages ago.(scientists tend to lean towards this one and also was the most fought by opponents due to the celestial mechanics in such a capture).

That just reminds me of a quote by NASA scientist Dr.Robin Brett
"It seems much easier to explain the non-existence of the moon,than it's existence"

Challenges for some of your theories=THE BLAIR CUSPIDS (google it up,some might like what you find)
An interesting sidebar to these questions; Is there a possibility that our moon or others are inhabitated by us or other species? maybe, BUT, the final transmission
of the russian probe PHOBOS 2 tells us something very interesting seeing as that transmission sent back a picture of a long cigar-shaped craft either going in or coming out from the mars moon PHOBOS (the picture was disclosed by Dr.Maria Popovich) the probe was at that moment "sent out of orbit" goodbye PHOBOS 2.end transmission.
For the ones that want to grasp a maybe different knowledge of certain planets or satellites in our solar system,NASA photo 75-h-604 of the martian surface by MARINER 9 : the feature of the picture is a modern space base airport just beneath the surface of mars it covers an area of 3.6 to 4.2 miles,that same picture is "blown up" in the book 'GENESIS REVISITED' BY Zechariah Sitchin.

Folks one more thing lets keep this on the playing field,nobody is wrong in their opinionated posts, people grasp different realities of life,some of us have different inclination of logic. For some of us 'instinctual knowledge' is easy for others maybe not so much and im not speaking about me, but EVERYBODY is entitled to their opinion.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Of course, silly me! Nothing, absolutely nothing. Because we can do something else to prove it doesn't. What was I thinking posting such garbage?

Everyone else, don't go there! It a waste of your time! Eschew it, plug your ears, and run like hell! Or you'll end up like me, completely obliterated in a single stroke of a keyboard in the hands of this most wise of posters.

Why don't you comment on the points that I've made rather than just dodging them in a single meaningless post like someone who can't accept their own flawed understanding is wrong?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's certainly not outwith the realms of possibility that the Moon is some kind of steerable ship.

About those Mars photos that show an airport feature - are they in the same book as the Mars photo of the army barrack looking buildings? I saw that in a few places back in that 90s, one of the them was a Sitchin book. I've never been able to find them online.

There was an incident with another probe ( I think it's a different probe ) - took pictures near or on Mars and photographed an odd-looking sort of vertical line / lightsource, then blinked off and was never heard from again. I don't have the book it was in anymore, it was The Cosmic Connection by Michael Hesseman. Showed the photos and described it better than my attempts to recall the text here.

I've had times when I've been looking at the Moon and the clouds go behind it, which gives a kind of cardboard-cut-out feel to this whole reality. That's not happened for a long time but when it did it was brief and looked very different to how clouds usually pass by the Moon. Very odd, maybe I was in some filler/transitional bit of spacetime cause the real one was out of order or something.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Its not out of the realms of posibility (since nothing is!) but even the most hardened conspiricist has to admit it is pretty unlikely.

All these examples of Mars probes going out of order after encountering strange phenomena are interesting though. Does anyone have any online sources for some of these stories?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula
Apperently during the Apollo missions, tests were conducted after it was recorded by NASA that when the lunar landers hit the surface of the moon a 'a Bell like 'gong' was recorded and several times after as well. Does anyone know of this?

Hmm... Sound in the airless vacuum of space.

I don't think so...

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Originally posted by yeahright

I believe NASA comented that there was an echo that resembled what you would expect from a hollow metal sphere. I don't recall anyone from NASA saying "the Moon is a hollow sphere".

The Moon may not be hollow but it probably has a large Zetan-alien base in it, just as a member of the Disclosure Project espouses. As to whether or not it was artificially produced, I am not sure, but the metallic sound does point to that.

I think the hole idea is just ludicrous . I've heard lots , and I mean LOTS of UFO related stories and this one gets the prize as the most absurd one that I've ever heard . I can't believe that some of you actually think that the Moon is a "undercover Death Star" . Guys I believe in aliens as much as the next guy but trust me , that's a massive piece of solid rock and nothing else . Is not made with metal and has no aliens inside .

Deny Ignorance ...

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Spilt milk too. Scattered across the sky. If it is hard to see, do this and the numbers will have meaning.

Love Creation and Created
Honour Moon, Sun, and Planet
Obey Time and Space
Obey Sound and Light
Honour Earth, Star, and Comet
Love Finite and Infinite

We have inherited more than the wind.

We have a measure of Man's mind.

From same source of course...

[edit on 6/17/2006 by Matyas]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Matyas I just don't know what that means and to be quite honest its probably the biggest deviation from the original topic of a post I've ever seen! If you have nothing left to add to the topic then don't post.

I've tried searching the NASA website with google and can't find any sign of any official statement about the moon ringing like a bell. I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever find a source for this statement. Could it be an exageration by a conspiricist website that has just spread about?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
O-K, so I'll bite. gfad's point that the numbers are meaningless is counterintuitive to the astronomical "coincidence" that a relationship like this exists.

Another example is the SACRED number 108. Has anybody heard that the Earth is 108 lunar diameters from the Moon? Or that the Sun is 108 solar diameters from the Earth? Or that the Sun's diameter is 108 Earth diameters? All just coincidence, right?

I took some measurements and found the Earths revolution around the Sun is 1080 Sun diameters. I found a relationship exists with the Moon, weighing in at 1082 miles! And of course, embedded inside that number is 108 again. Just coincidence, right? No great planner here, just a series of accidents and incidents.

As long as we accept that Man is an accident, we will never come to remember his divine origin as master builder of all that we survey. Man, though mortal, is divine, who creates God in his image, and someday will remember his birthright, perhaps when the "junk" DNA is reactivated.

Now I have made my point, I have answered gfad's rebuttal of my first posting, my work is done and I am outta here. Enjpy the "aliens"!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have heard little to nothing, except here, about the hollow moon theory. Be kinda neat if if it were though.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fanatic
I've heard lots , and I mean LOTS of UFO related stories and this one gets the prize as the most absurd one that I've ever heard . I can't believe that some of you actually think that the Moon is a "undercover Death Star" . Guys I believe in aliens as much as the next guy but trust me , that's a massive piece of solid rock and nothing else . Is not made with metal and has no aliens inside .

And the evidence you have to support your stance is...what?

There is testimony from at least one member of the Disclosure Project that there is a large Zetan-alien base in the Moon.

As to the Moon being artifically constructed, I doubt it but am open to the possibility, as with Iapetus.

Oh...and DENY IGNORANCE.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Is there any better place to observe humankind 24-7 since the dawn of our species?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

[And the evidence you have to support your stance is...what?

There is testimony from at least one member of the Disclosure Project that there is a large Zetan-alien base in the Moon.

As to the Moon being artifically constructed, I doubt it but am open to the possibility, as with Iapetus.

Oh...and DENY IGNORANCE.

I'm not going to talk on Fanatics behalf but the the evidence to support this point of view is ALL OF SCIENCE. I think you would have to search pretty hard to find an actual cosmologist, physicist or even scientifically trained astronomer who believes that the earth is hollow and is home to a colony of (lets be realisitic here) fictional Zetan aliens. Do you know why that would be hard? Because anyone with scientific training is taught to look at the data and come to a logical unbiased conclusion.

Unlike your Disclosure Project who I'm pretty sure are biased. I mean their opening website says they are "a nonprofit research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence". I'm pretty sure these guys already believe (contrary to widely held scientific belief) that aliens exist, and they'll have to be pushed pretty hard to move away from this belief.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fanatic
I've heard lots , and I mean LOTS of UFO related stories and this one gets the prize as the most absurd one that I've ever heard . I can't believe that some of you actually think that the Moon is a "undercover Death Star" . Guys I believe in aliens as much as the next guy but trust me , that's a massive piece of solid rock and nothing else . Is not made with metal and has no aliens inside .

And the evidence you have to support your stance is...what?

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

I knew somebody would come and say "and how can you be sure of that" (that the moon is simply just the moon ) or something of that effect . Well , I was going to say that is the most logical possibility and the idea of trying to find arguments to prove that the Moon is not a giant metal-made alien base is just ridicioulus but still , I'll bite .

My only argument is why go trough all the trouble of changing moons ( the original must have existed at one point in time seeing that all planets have one ) and building something that colossal ? Don't aliens have cloaking devices ? Much more easy to be invisible and come closer than sit all the way over there in a fake moon . This hole idea is not even pratical ...

I don't know , I try to keep an open mind , but this is just too much for my head .

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Fanatic]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I've tried searching the NASA website with google and can't find any sign of any official statement about the moon ringing like a bell. I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever find a source for this statement. Could it be an exageration by a conspiricist website that has just spread about?

You want NASA proof?

HERES YOUR PROOF

There should be NO doubt in anyones mind that the moon "rang like a bell".
But remember! ...for "about an hour"

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
This topic is quite interesting but it's a shame that tis been hijacked by people insinuating aliens. I wish someone could find an official NASA source on this as the statement has transformed in the course of this thread from "the moon rang like a bell" to something along the lines of "the moon sounds like titanium"!!

An official NASA source, right, probably the same one that admits covering up the existance of the face on Mars (complete with mirror plating)... do you get my drift?

my link said

a NASA scientist said the acoustic characteristics were that of a hollow

Titanium sphere 60 miles below the surface.
In addition, the scientists saw

EXACTLY the same seismic traces each time a meteorite would hit, as if it were

vibrating some fixed bodies inside the moon.

ok, i don't buy it's totally hollow either, but these readings indicate some massive armor plating. 60 miles, btw is deep enough to leave room for craters... unless it's all a hoax, but then again, why did so many NASA pics of the moon only appear in the mid 90s being fake and all? the original material seems to contain, well anomalies.

From the moons gravitational pull I dont think you can conclude that the moon is hollow and not solid.

That's all true if you stay far away from the object, the closer you get, the more of a difference it makes, if the moon's mass was not centered, (ie. closer to earth) the deviation would probably be enough to result in probe crashes, BUT that's of course not a proof at all. suspicious coincidence? well, i'd say yes.

PS: i wasn't there i don't know anything about the moon except how it looks at night and what i find in books and on the web. if my posts are alienesque BS, so be it.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You know the pics are interesting....... except for one small problem. We have never been on the moon! Its kinda funny that some of the same people that say we were never on the moon use some of the pics taken while on the moon for their evidence. HMMMMMM.......

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Another example is the SACRED number 108. Has anybody heard that the Earth is 108 lunar diameters from the Moon?

Moon diameter: 3,476 Km
Average distance from the Earth to the Moon: 384,403 Km
Distance to the Moon/Moon diameter = 110,58 (not 108)

Or that the Sun is 108 solar diameters from the Earth?

Sun diameter: 1,392,000 Km
Average distance between the Sun and the Earth: 149,600,000 Km
Distance to Earth/Sun diameter = 107.47 (not 108, but closer)

Or that the Sun's diameter is 108 Earth diameters? All just coincidence, right?

Earth diameter: 12,756 Km
Sun diameter/Earth diameter = 109.12 (not 108)

I took some measurements and found the Earths revolution around the Sun is 1080 Sun diameters.

Earth's orbital circunference: 924,375,700 Km

Earth's orbital circunference/Sun diameter = 664,06

I found a relationship exists with the Moon, weighing in at 1082 miles! And of course, embedded inside that number is 108 again. Just coincidence, right? No great planner here, just a series of accidents and incidents.

What relationship are you talking about? And what miles are those? International miles (1609.344 metres) or the U.S. survey miles (1609.347 metres)? Or are they nautical miles (1852 metres)?

Just coincidence.

And for those that use the metric system, what happens to the coincidence when using the metric system?

As long as we accept that Man is an accident, we will never come to remember his divine origin as master builder of all that we survey. Man, though mortal, is divine, who creates God in his image, and someday will remember his birthright, perhaps when the "junk" DNA is reactivated.

I don't think that Man is an accident but just one of the many variations of a living being.

Back on Earth and on topic, the fact that the Moon reverberated (I think it is the most correct word) like a bell may have the same reason that a solid rock reverberates like a bell when hit with a hammer, you only have to put your hear against the rock to listen.

PS: the values I used were taken from the Wikipedia, if they are wrong or if I got the commas mixed with the points (again) then please correct me.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Maybe is a gigantic alien creature egg that is about to hatch any time now . He he he , seriously , all this " Hollow moon" topic reminded me of that Superfriends cartoon from the 80's . There was one episode called The Man in the Moon that show exactly that . Does any body remenber ? I liked how Superman puts the creature back in the egg shell and seals-it with his heat vision . CLASSIC !

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Fanatic]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Long Lance your source also says "This is because in the case of a hollow spheroid the center of mass is much closer to the surface of the moon if in fact the moon is hollow than if it really were a homogenous mass of rock". This is completely incorrect. If you compare the centre of mass of a solid sphere to that of a hollow sphere but with high density matter distributed similarly to the mass in a solid sphere (which would be required for the earth/moon gravity calculations to work out) then the centres of mass wouldn't move. It would be in the exact same place. Could the entire idea be based on flawed assuptions? I don't know, its late and I'm not going to read the entire article, but its going to take alot to convince me that the moon is hollow.

And ArMaP I came to the exact same conclusion checking out the figures. I was actually quite impressed by the first three numbers it was a shame that the poster ended on a ratio which blatently doesnt come to the same figure as his!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join