It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The alleged 'social engineering' element of the abduction phenomenon - general consensus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have read several articles relating to, and have seen mention of in books, an alleged “engineering” or “programming” of supposed abductees’ minds for the purpose of compelling them to seek out specific mates, travel - often great distances - to and settle in specific locations, and enforcing – perhaps creating – emotional bonds between certain individuals. However, I trust average Joes and Janes more than books and articles, so I would like to ask those of you who accept or consider possible the phenomenon of so-called alien abduction - either as a reality or as a psychological syndrome - what you feel the general consensus regarding the potential validity or invalidity of this is.

Did it simply start with Strieber’s “Secret School” book, or are there more concrete references to such new wrinkles? Regardless of whether you believe the overall abduction phenomenon is the result of hynagogic or hypnopomic states, mental illness, an entirely new sleep disorder, or some other as yet undefined phenomenon, is this considered a genuine element of the abduction phenomenon (or syndrome, depending on your view of the issue) one way or another? If so, is it a widespread or isolated element of the phenomenon/syndrome? Are there clearly documented examples of this occurring?

I'm only asking those who consider possible or real the phenomenon of abductions - whether as a psychosis of some kind, or as a literal experience – not those who believe every instance results from an intentionally manufactured story, and I'm not asking whether people individually believe this "social engineering" is occurring, but rather what people have observed to be the general consensus in their preferred sphere, be it scientific, spiritual, general, skeptical, or anything in between, on whether it has proved itself to be a component of the phenomenon/syndrome.

join