It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda's End Is Near

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Iraqi security forces say that they have Al-Qaeda documents with detailed information about the groups leaders and locations, which has led to a number of raids over the last few days. This development may help the Iraqi government gain control of Iraq, and allow U.S. troop withdrawals in the near future.

www.dailystar.com.lb
Iraq said that security forces have seized Al-Qaeda in Iraq documents giving key information about the group's network and the whereabouts of its leaders, on a day when more than 20 Iraqis lost their lives in separate attacks.

Meanwhile, the Pentagon said that the number of US military deaths in Iraq has reached 2,500. It also said 18,490 US troops had been wounded in the war, which began in March 2003. On an average day, about two US troops are killed.

The documents were seized from the rubble of Zarqawi's safe house and in a series of subsequent raids in Baghdad.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The documents seized are apparently full of information about Al-Qaeda, I think that that is a good thing although I am not sure about this new find being able to end the Al-Qaeda group, and put an end to the terror in Iraq completely although I hope that the war does end as I do not think war is a good thing.

Related News Links:
www.theglobeandmail.com
www.dailystar.com.lb

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15/6/2006 by Omega85]

[edit on 15/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 19-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

join