It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee = Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wow! I've always found it interesting that most anywhere I work, coffee is given out for free or is readily available. The last few years have seen companies like Starbucks popping up on virtually every corner. I live in LA where the winter is like, 40 degrees and still there are lines out the door at any of the numerous coffee shops here.

According to this article Consume coffee, change your mind

A new study reports people may be more easily persuaded to change their opinion after consuming caffeine.

I think that the "Powers That Be" discovered this property of caffeine long ago (perhaps even genetically created it) as a way to keep the masses under their control and influence. Coffee tastes bad on its own - remember that first drink you took? Personally I add milk and sugar to make mine palatable. However it is addictive both physically and psychologically, therefore making it an ideal substance for their purposes!

Is it a coincidence that every coffee shop I have been in also sells propaganda pieces (i.e. newspapers)? If you have been looking around, you know that there are no coincidences.

Excuse me now, I am off for my daily brainwashing...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I always thought coffee was provided to make people at work more awake and give them temporary energy as to squeeze more labor out of them. Wired workers work more, after all. The Spaniards used to let their indian slaves eat coca leaves (where we get coc aine) so that the slaves would work harder and eat and sleep less. It makes sense.

This could also be true as far as making people more receptive to changing their minds. I wouldnt doubt it, as its pretty well known that employers try and use all sorts of tactics to boost production and wring more work out of employees to boost profits and decrease costs.

Coca leaves then, coffee now.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
what next? someone is bound to claim that socks contain a certain active cotton that releases mind altering seretonins into our blood stream, thats why people who wear socks, in general are supporters of the NWO!! oooooo

this is another classic example of someone thinking, what is something that the large population consumes.. lets make it into a conspiracy.. eg. TV, coffee,

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I've heard it all!!! This is priceless! Coffee??? are you kidding me?
Next thing will be my skid-maked underwear bearing the image of Mary!!!!!!!!!!
At least I'll have a girl in my pants!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texas Volunteer
At least I'll have a girl in my pants!

There's always a first for everything...

If you leave a curve ball out over the plate, there's always a chance that someone will hit it out of the park.

Please try to respect the concept of ATS, it is after all, a conspiracy site.

Slugger Monkeys, not just for homerun records anymore...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Java Man

Originally posted by Texas Volunteer
Now I've heard it all!!! This is priceless! Coffee??? are you kidding me?

Here, try some!

Dae

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
*plucks out some good news from this*

But there was a catch. Those who had done the distracting task stuck with their original opinion, even if they'd had the caffeinated orange juice.

The persuasive factor of caffeine dissapeared when the subjects were distraced. Reckon that goes with most of the passive brainwashing, once you are aware of it, it looses its power. What our awareness is doing a the time will greatly effect outcomes, if its distraced with a task then the chemical persuasiveness of the caffeine is nulled. Interesting!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I figured this same thing out a decade ago. It is not mind control, it is addiction.

You wake up and part of your routine is to go have that coffee at work, part of your social structure is having that coffee with co-workers, you work late with that pot of coffee keeping you...there somehow.

There are other chemicals in coffee besides caffeine, so the orange juice experiment doesn't hold up.

I found long ago too that coffee among family or friends or strangers and the ranting starts, ok technically in Jersey language, its bitching. Bitching about the government, bitching about school, bitching about stupid people, so on and so forth etc. Its like instant miserable drunk without the drunk.

Also a note, caffeine dehydrates you, so instead of getting a pick me up, you are actually getting a drain more often, sucks.

I want a coffee right now at 4AM damn. Gonna cook it in a spoon and inject.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Scientists have also discovered that crossing out the letter 'o' in a given text ensures that people do not change their opinion not matter how persuasive the text, especially after drinking 'o'range juice !!! Yeah sure.

To say there is a statistical relationship between two trends is not to say there is a causal relationship.

May be they should study; How likely are people to change their opinion about an issue if they read about it? Or, if people are told to cross out a certain letter in sample text, will they ignore what the text is saying?

How many drink coffee at work or before class, two environments already loaded with authority and persuasion? Coffee, like alcohol, is the drug for people who don't take drugs (not just those that do).

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Soulstice]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Caffeine!

I actually drink no more then 10 cups a day(depending?) of Espresso,and find that it can make me more hyper then anything else.

I remember reading an article of which , caffeine was used in the 1920's for those with Asthma attacks. Many that know of an attack coming on will drink a strong dose of coffee to help breathe easier.
Asthma attack

I find that a coffee first thing when you wake up, tastes the best.

Talking about coffee being bad?

COFFEE DELIVERS: U.S. News & World Report Calls Coffee “The Next Great Health Food” (Dec '05)
National news magazine US News & World Report called coffee “the next great health food” and ran a major feature story touting coffee’s health benefits and explaining away the old, negative myths. Reflecting the messages of NCA’s Coffee Delivers program, the article was the direct result of the campaign’s public relations efforts.

The prominent publication’s’ 2.2 million subscribers got three pages of good news about coffee under the headline “Enjoy! You thought coffee was bad for you?

here

I don't think coffee is some sort of ''mind control'' drug, an addiction? perhaps!

There's alot of bad addictions around, and although it is legal,it does not make it a good one.
One probably could cut down on caffeine if lifestyle permits, in my opinion.

helen

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Coffee tastes bad how can such blasphemy be said
polluting it with cream and sugar omg. Seriously, I'll go along with the addiction part although the symptoms will disappear in 2 or 3 days but controlling minds nah. I quit drinking coffee between 10 or 11 in the am and work 16 hour days frequently starting with wake-up at 4 am so nope no mind control.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
How about a nice cup of STFU to start your day? LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I thought that this was about the study that showed that coffee reduces the chances of prostate cancer. We had a guy here at work who tried a little experiment for his Psych class. He went around replacing the coffee in the break rooms with decaffinated. Just dumped the real coffee out and replaced it in the cans. It made for an irritable week. When he told everybody what he had done he was promptly fired for his own safety.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

what is ''STFU'' ?

JIMC5499///

I think that the Decaffeinated coffee is actually bad for you,because of the chemicals used to de-caffeinate the real stuff!

Up to five cups a day is alright!
As long as it is way before bed time!

helen

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

if this is what i think you mean,then how about you have that with your morning paper!
Better still, have it in the afternoon as well!
It might do you good.

Take care!

helen

Oh, and if this isn't what you meant and i mistook it a different way by using ''Google'' as my guide,then ...........
I apologise for writing before thinking!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
if it is real coffee, then go for it.

Kona, Sumatran, etc. You can buy on the Internet direct from Hawaii, Africa, Cuba, whatever.

LIfe is short, have fun

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
All I know is that I'm turning into my mom. I'll put one in the microwave to warm up and might not find it till the next day--if then. Now where'd I put that cup of coffee? Dang, it's cold.

I was in the hospital and they put decaf on the meal trays. I was such a sick puppy I couldn't even look at it and it really smelled lousy (I did try that). It took a whole week to get them to bring me tea instead. But I rediscovered the joys of Jello.

At home I like a french roast that I grind and brew with boiling water in a french press. Very french, eh? I found beans at Ollies (outlet store) that they had 1/2 off for a buck a pound. There's 8+ lbs. stockpiled and at that price I can afford to make mine expresso strength.

9LC

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
my advice, drink pure green tea and don't drink coffee

9LC

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
but... here's an interesting observation, if you look at a city from above in the morning what you see is a bunch of people going to timhortons to fuel up before going to work and it looks like a bunch if robots going to get fuel before starting their daily slave routines hehe, funny.

drink green tea :0

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hahahaha, sorry to say, but this sounds like bullocks.

I drink a minimum of 2 liters of coffee a day and my will and thoughtpath is completely unbendable without massive amounts of factual information brought forward to support a change.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join