It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadji Girl Video Deemed Bad Taste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
CAIR: Pentagon Calls Online Song 'Insensitive,' 'Inappropriate'; Music Video 'Contrary to the High Standards Expected of All Marines'
It's been called "insensitive" by the Marines and CAIR and was taken off of YouTube.com recently. Of course CAIR is complaining, but has decided to host the video itself it seems:

From the US Newswire Link above:
Hadji Girl -- www.cair.com... (The video's audio is slightly out of synchronization.)

Now, has anyone ever heard the singer/comedian Steven Hunter singing about mentally challenged people or having herpes as comedy skits? Is what's shown on this video not a form of comedy relief for troops who are in a combat zone? Is it not better to sing and joke about something than to actually do it?

Just some of the questions I had during the viewing. I would think ANY combat stress is some of the highest there is. You can't talk to people here, because we can't hope to understand it at all. I wasn't horrified about this like the Abu Gharib scandal. Was this just blowing off some steam that probably should not have been shown?

CAIR: 'Marines' Cheer Song About Killing Iraqi Civilians
Wired News: Music video about Marine sparks anger

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Now, has anyone ever heard the singer/comedian Steven Hunter singing about mentally challenged people or having herpes as comedy skits? Is what's shown on this video not a form of comedy relief for troops who are in a combat zone? Is it not better to sing and joke about something than to actually do it?

I personally think that Marine and other US Troops are slowly "Loosing It". This is just one more example of that. But it is also one of the consequences of war in Iraq - since Marines gun down entire families, I guess the only thing that they can do now, is to start laughing to that. They are still in combat and tomorrow they could go home in a bodybag. It is just a form of stress I think - some people start to laugh hystericly when they are scared or sad or something which is definetly NOT a happy mood, which laughter usually represents.

Now I no way I am trying to defend this guy from singing this sick song and his fellow marines laughing at him and the lyrics.

Very Poor Excuse for a US Marine.

AND a Very Poor Excuse for a Man also.

Just some of the questions I had during the viewing. I would think ANY combat stress is some of the highest there is. You can't talk to people here, because we can't hope to understand it at all. I wasn't horrified about this like the Abu Gharib scandal. Was this just blowing off some steam that probably should not have been shown?

Yes it is alot of combat stress and I bet that images of the people they shot are haunting them when they sleep. There is no way out now anymore - the demos will haunt them forever. The images of war are now permamently ingraved in their minds and they will re-surfaces sooner or later - mostly later when they will come home out of the combat enviroment, where things are very simple; kill or be killed.

At home this theory does not function anymore.

Then things start to get complicated.

[edit on 15/6/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think it was much funnier when it was done by Stone & Parker in the movie "Team America". "Dirka Dirka Mohammed Jihad" coming from a puppets mouth was hilarious, coming from a soldier in the service of the USA its not as funny. This kind of thing causes more problems and doesn't solve them.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I seen this video posted on AR15.com

I thought it was funny up until the point of the singer talking about using 8 year old IRaqi girls as human shields and then "laughing manacingly" when they took a bullet in the head.

I hope they find out who made the video and dishonarably discharge them.

The supposed massacre at Haditha where Marines are accused of shooting 24 innocent civilians sounds more real now that I have seen this video.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Bad Marine, Bad, Bad, Bad! Singing such a ruthless tune, offending thousands, likely causing millions of terrorists to fill out the AlQuesadilla recruitment forms even as we speak......

The dudes were havin' some fun, get over it!

Oh, of course, unless you really want to limit freedom of expression, sniff, sniff, do I smell a conspiracy to squash comedy here?

And while I'm at it, betcha the part about using the 8 year old as a shield is an idea that came to the marine from the honorable fighting tactics of the "insurgents"....

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I personally think that Marine and other US Troops are slowly "Loosing It". This is just one more example of that

I didnt like what this guy did, but he has the right to do it, bad taste or not.

Bot more importantly: This is A example of losing it, but what are the others you are refering too? Haditha? Because thats yet to be proven in a court of law.

And also: Where is all the protest about the THOUSANDS of video's released to date regarding all the things these terrorists are doing and saying? They are the most intollerant racists on the planet, where is the uproar over them?

Its funny, somebody cutting somebodies head off because of thier beliefs or race is accepted by you guys, but a guy making a song in poor taste causes earth shattering upproar...

Agendas.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This racist and infantile display by the people that are holding the guns out there, sadly puts them on a par with the insurgents in terms of disrespecting human life and propagating hate. If I was an Iraqi citizen and these people were occupying my country, I'd be afraid, very afraid. Where is the compassion for the Iraqi people that George Bush spoke of days prior to the invasion?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
They are the most intollerant racists on the planet, where is the uproar over them?

Just to Clarify a few thingies:

RACE

1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
4. Humans considered as a group.

RELIGION

1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Zedd, I started a thread on this two days ago, but I guess I put it in the wrong forum. As I see it, there is nothing wrong with what this Marine did. I think it was in poor taste to put it on the net where it was misunderstood.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Zedd, I started a thread on this two days ago, but I guess I put it in the wrong forum.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I missed it!

Well, now...I'll just close my own thread.

new topics

top topics

join