It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Does Something Good For The Environment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShazamsChampion
Ohhhhh Please.

Do you actually buy this BS or do ya just shovel it?

Looks like you are shoveling some of your own...

Tell me what good does it do to ban US companies from drilling for oil 50 miles away from where I am sitting (continental shelf off florida) When Casto And Hu Jntao are drilling there?

A few points...

Let's be clear about the protected area:

Now let's look at where Castro and Hu Jintao would be drilling...

Your 50 mile characterization doesn't quite accurately describe the whole story, now, does it?

But let's see what else is on your shovel, shall we?

Adding insult to injury, the Times said U.S. firms were invited to bid on the Cuban contracts, but were barred by the U.S. government due to the country’s longstanding economic embargo of communist Cuba.

Source.

Not exactly the environmentalists who stopped that opportunity, now, is it?

You do realise that Chineses owned oil companies have a worse recrd by far in terms of environmental than American Oil companies do?

So, you'd prefer to emulate their example?

I'm relieved that our criminal laws are not based on the fact that "well, others do it, so it should be ok..."

So thanks to fools like you, the fishies are in even worse danger, and we don't even get the benefits.

Even my 2yr old exhibits better logic than that one....and he does better with the name calling thing too.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Let's cut the attitude gang.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Mr Bush did something re the environment -- amazing, simply amazing.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Looks like you are shoveling some of your own...

Really? Those words are gonna come badk to bite you in the butt loamy.

A few points...

Let's be clear about the protected area:

Now let's look at where Castro and Hu Jintao would be drilling...

Your 50 mile characterization doesn't quite accurately describe the whole story, now, does it?

OHHH NIce try.
Sadly I actually know what Im talking about.
First off the Ban on Drilling for Oil off the coast of florida extends for 100 miles from land.
From www.sptimes.com...
and floridapirg.org...
As you can see from the image here
floridapirg.org...
the EEZ is within the area that has been banned from oil exploration since 1982, the scond line which is at the 200 mile mark is what they are trying to get passed this year. Of course if they succeed we will have to police the Cuban EEz as well leading to a possible naval conflict with Cuba and/or China. And won't that be great for the environment?

The federal government has banned virtually all drilling in Florida's offshore waters, generally to at least 100 miles, since 1983 - a decision upheld by Congress and the past three presidents, including President Bush.

Florida is also the only state on the Gulf of Mexico that prohibits oil drilling.

Second Cuba is only 90 miles away from key west, look at your map again genius, is the area in question less than halfway between the two?
Why yes yes it is.

Soon Fidel Castro himself with the help of Spanish and Chinese oil companies (who are not subject to U.S. environmental rules) will be drilling for it barely 45 miles of the Florida coast.

from www.humaneventsonline.com...

But let's see what else is on your shovel, shall we?

Oh lets, I can't wait to see how much harder you'll try to misdirect and decieve.

Adding insult to injury, the Times said U.S. firms were invited to bid on the Cuban contracts, but were barred by the U.S. government due to the country’s longstanding economic embargo of communist Cuba.

Source.

Not exactly the environmentalists who stopped that opportunity, now, is it?

Well lests see.
There is currently a 100 miles zone arounf the coast of florida where no drilling is allowed, The Cuban Economic Exclusionary Zone falls within that border, and as a direct result the only people drilling for oil are our eneimes. So yes given that it is the environmentalists who got the 100 mile zone enacted in the first pace, and are now pushing for a 200 mile border yes would say it is.
See the thing is loamy, I don't post unless I Know what I'm talking about, you should try it sometime.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by ShazamsChampion]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

So, you'd prefer to emulate their example?

No I would prefer to allow them to get the energy we need, that can be done without turning the oceans black.

I'm relieved that our criminal laws are not based on the fact that "well, others do it, so it should be ok..."

And that has what to do with what?

Even my 2yr old exhibits better logic than that one....and he does better with the name calling thing too.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by loam]

Yes well I feel sorry for him with a parent whose idea of logic is as twisted as yours he will need very good teachers.

My logic is flawless, a 100 mile zone where drilling is banned was placed around flroida in 82 due to environmental pressure, since then US domestic supply has decreased, while global demand has increased faster than international supply, had we not passed these laws, supply would be higher and thus prices lower.

Posting links does not a lack of thought offset.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

And wait and see.. there is always something hidden when he speaks.. He never says what he means.. like "Operation Clean Air" which is "Operation pump mercury vapour into the atmosphere"....

What?! Sources please. That sounds like some Alice in Blunderland tea-party reference to me, which is astral and therefore not accurate to actual reality!

As far as I am aware, which was partially from listening to environmentalists that worked in Hawai, no - the outlying islands are very much unprotected and it's a great concern - I don't know how this ( signed thing ) will affect that because it's a development problem, ie the profits of needless industries are being put before leaving the land as it is, and we all know what happens when the coastlines are messed about with (hurricane, tidal wave damage becomes more extreme). But Jesus Christ people, can't you just be happy when anything that shouldn't need treaties to protect it is indeed given some kind of assistance.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join