It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THANK YOU ATS !!!!! my problem is fixed!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yes yes yes.I salute you skeptic overlord and simon gray and the rest of the mod team.My unique problem is fixed.Ever since you switched to new servers i was unable to open your website and was forced to use bypasser wich forbid me from posting lately.Throwing some temper here and there got my attention.I sent an email to ats 4 days and now it is fixed.
So guys tell me what was the problem and how did you fixed it and was i the only one having the problem?.
oce again thanks skeptic overlord and simon gray

ps: the new design is pure effin ownage

[edit on 15-6-2006 by warthog911]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
So guys tell me what was the problem and how did you fixed it and was i the only one having the problem?.

There were apparent network issues between our provider (The Planet) and yours. We kept hammering The Planet to research the issue and find a solution... it seems they did.

In addition, there were several people complaining of occasional slow or no access. Our average pages-per-visit also seemed to indicate a problem as it fell from just above 7 to below 5 immediately after the server move. Since we've been hammering The Planet, that number has been slowly creeping back to normal.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I always think its my net, it seems if I stay on to long, and refresh, it tells me page cant be found. I can go to other sites. It last anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute.

I really didn't think anything about it, the connection had been so good.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by warthog911

There were apparent network issues between our provider (The Planet) and yours. We kept hammering The Planet to research the issue and find a solution... it seems they did.

Umm what was the exact problem and solution and was the problem with yours planet and my isp only an isolated incident?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Net Loss

I've also seen this problem as late as this morning. Because my ISP has been so horrible, I couldn't tell where the problem was (traces would die at the ISP).

However, for the past week I've been using a different ISP, and am seeing this occasional "drop-out" problem on ATS -- and not other sites.

SO posted a set of commands to run when this happens (to help in troubleshooting), but I'm too pressed for time to find them right now.

If anyone knows the BQ&B thread I'm talking about, please post a link.

The fact that I now only see this problem with ATS suggests that whatever network snags are involved are closer to the server (i.e. ThePlanet.com) than the client.

I think.

Hopefully this will all get nailed down soon..

I WANT MY ATS!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
do you see???

ATS does care about individual members...

where else can you find that???

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

SO posted a set of commands to run when this happens (to help in troubleshooting), but I'm too pressed for time to find them right now.

If anyone knows the BQ&B thread I'm talking about, please post a link.

Here you go Majic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those of you that cannot connect at all were probably experiencing a DNS routing problem somewhere along the line.

For those of us that only experience an occasional loss of connectivity to this site, performing these pings and trace routes that SO outlined in the above linked thread do show some latency during these times.

However, the clearest evidence about the location of the problem may be a command called pathping. This command will show you the exact router that is dropping packets.

In my opinion, the incoming AT&T router physically located at ThePlanet is droping packets fairly regularly. For example, as I type this, it is dropping 53% of the packets it recieves. 53/ 100 = 53% 12.119.136.18

I suppose a portion of the packet loss could be from blocking attacks, or rejected requests, but more than likely it indicates that the router is simply overloaded, as you can see by the quote taken from the Microsoft article linked above.

The loss rates displayed for routers (identified by their IP addresses) indicate that these routers might be overloaded.

If you would like to try this, from the command prompt, type: pathping www.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 6/15/06 by makeitso]

top topics

join