It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think snakes can't eat humans? Think Again!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think young children and the elderly and disabled would be easy meat for a snake like the Anaconda, however I would think your average person could beat it off or simply avoid it with better ease.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
As a keeper of snakes, they most certainly do regurgitate when disturbed badly enough. This snake rid itself of its huge meal so that it would be better prepared to flee. It could barely move with that huge animal inside it.

The regurgitation is quite real--note how the snake holds its teeth away from the prey item, so they won't snag it as it's expelled. Based on the feet and nose of the animal, it's clearly a small tapir.

That's a whopping meal for a green anaconda, but one that it obviously had no problems killing and swallowing. Green anacondas were thought to be unable to swallow a human, but studies of reticulated pythons have called that into question. It seems that a truly big snake can crush the bones of a prey animal (including a human), so the shoulder width issue might not be as much of a barrier as thought. Retics have certainly swallowed humans. There's no real reason an anaconda could not, given that information. However, anacondas tend generally not to view humans as potential prey--more as predators that they should flee from.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
No thats just a stressed out snake regurgitating it's meal. I've seen my old boa do it a few times when he was sick. Snakes CAN regurgitate food trust me.

There have been reports of rock pythons, reticulated pythons, and anacondas eating humans in the past. for a few centuries now. I say any snake 15 feet or longer can easily kill a person. eating it may be a different story, but I don't doubt one of those snakes that are over 20 feet can eat a human will little problems at all. The only difficulty would be getting the jaws over the persons shoulders. but then again snakes find a way almost always. I've seen my old boa get down things I was sure it would get tripped up on and didn't

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about a mythical snake that can swallow a full grown man whole. But what I do know is that my burmise python does help me dispose of my victoms. I will feed him an arm or a leg at a time; I keep the rest in the fridge untill the snake is hugery again. The only problem is that the snake can't digest all the bones. But I put those in concrete blocks and thow them under my pier. Keep searcching for monsters! I might live next door. HA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join