It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory of how the pyramids were built

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
But, in the spirit of the current theme, let me give my favorite Einstein Quote:
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
Harte

I was wondering who had said the 'If I can see farther...' quote, and couldn't recall. Thanks.
Also, thanks for correcting me, apparently it was Sagan. I had always heard JFK creditted for you favorite quote, above. I see the wrong person creditted for quotes a lot, likely due to their having used the quote in public.
Here are some of my other favorites:

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural and spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity"
Albert Einstein
“I believe in God, I just spell it ’n a t u r e.’ ” Frank Lloyd Wright
‘Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with. His mind was created for his own thoughts, not yours or mine. ‘ Henry S. Haskins
" If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, & this is all that it proves. " Thomas Paine
" If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't. " Lyall Watson
'The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.' H. J. Haldene
'We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.' Anais Nin
‘The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true.’ -J. Robert Oppenheimer
‘Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.’ - Andre Gide
‘99.999% of what affects our reality will be undetectable by our senses. Man must learn to think for himself rather than follow blindly what he has been taught.’ Buckminster Fuller

and one of my very favorites:
‘The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.’- Bertrand Russell

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I see no reason whatsoever to believe that the people we now call egyptians or their forebears even built the pyramids. It was a much earlier culture that must have been far more advanced. This would account for the hugh discrepancy between the people we see today and the people that were capable of doing what was done many thousands of years ago.

Also I see no reason to tie up many thousands of people for many years to build a structure for questionable purposes... the sheer economic lunancy of it is mind boggling. A culture like that would have collapsed internally.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't know,
but there's supposed connections between Giza and the Cydonia region of Mars. I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere. Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
The bases DO NOT line up perfectly with true compass points. They are off by a couple of degrees.

Ha! A few arch-degrees maybe...No one has been able to explain how the pyramids were built. No one.

-- Boat

[edit on 2-7-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
DRUMS,TRUMPETS,AND CONCENTRATION

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
None are so Blind as those who refuse to see.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Apparently the pyramids bulit by the myans or aztecs (I forget which one) were measured by archietcts and when the sun is on them directly they are prefectly symetrical to half a degree. I'll try and find some info to back this up, but thats precision which can't be achived with hammer and chisels if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vulcha
...the pyramids bulit by the myans or aztecs ...are prefectly symetrical to half a degree.
...thats precision which can't be achived with hammer and chisels if you ask me.

That is soooo true!

That sort of precision can only be achieved through the use of several meters of string and a couple of long straight sticks!

Harte

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hell yea. I reckon they may have had plumb lines or protractors or something equally crazy back then.

Seriously, I don't reckon they made it by themselves.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hell yea. I reckon they may have had plumb lines or protractors or something equally crazy back then.

Seriously, I don't reckon they made it by themselves.

First of all, when you make a claim such as the one you made about the Aztec building specifications, I need to know if you just think that, did someone tell you that, or do you have a reference - such as a webpage put up by somebody that has actually done these measurements you claim have been done.

Once the facts are established, only then may one go about trying to figure out how such things were accomplished.

For example, your claim that the pyramids were "perfectly symmetric to half a degree..."

Exactly what does that mean? Symmetric about a plane, an axis, symmetric with another pyramid? Symmetric top to bottom, side to side? Outside symmetric with the inside? Just saying "symmetric" and walking away shows that you don't know what you're talking about. Which is why I wonder if you might provide some reference, as I feel I cannot just take the word of (pardon me) someone like you. By "someone like you," I mean someone that doesn't understand that he has not communicated an idea with this symmetry claim.

Also, how is symmetry measured with angles?

Sorry, but I am absolutely certain that the South American natives, all of them, all built their own structures and required help from no outside source. There's been nothing at all found anywhere that even opens any door to the distant possibility that such was not the case.

Harte

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

...the pyramids bulit by the myans or aztecs ...are prefectly symetrical to half a degree.
...thats precision which can't be achived with hammer and chisels if you ask me.

That is soooo true!

That sort of precision can only be achieved through the use of several meters of string and a couple of long straight sticks!
Harte

I suggest Chartres Cathedral in France as a shining example of what can be done with some knotted rope, posts, and journeymen stoneworkers at your service. The master builder is said to have kept the plans in his head. I hope he was happy with the finished work, and it was what he envisioned. I'm impressed anyway.
The points by Vulcha are vague, but I get the gist of his point, and mostly agree. They all were likely built by the locals, whether in South America, Africa, or Central America. Amazing works. Some of them still waiting for someone to publish a bulletproof plan of how they did it. I wait too.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Harte

Close. I explain that too.

Harte

Save me the time of going through this thread and humiliating most personally and check this out. Most thoughts and questions in this thread are covered. I have posted a way the pyramids could have been built. By Egyptians. With out telekenises, voodoo, sacrafices, magnets, flying monkeys, balloons (love that one) two circus clowns with a Red Rider, that finger thing cocodile Dundee does, ollers and levers. Get used to it, there's a new sherrif in town.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Marchimedes]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

In fact, they did. We have tools from the graves of the builders and arcitects that were buried around the Great Pyramid at Giza and near other pyramids as well. They include levels and plumb lines and measuring rods and some sophisticated square levels.

You can see some of them here. Rock quarrying techniques and the tools they used are also discussed in those pages :
hbar.phys.msu.ru...

As you can see from the article, the metal tools were harder than the limestone blocks and could indeed carve out the stone.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smadgirl
Egyptians were given alien technology.
I believe they were given anti-gravity rods that lifted the massive stones effortlessly.
[edit on 14-6-2006 by smadgirl]

Now why in the name of Jupiter would the aliens have given the Egyptians 'anti grav' rods to make tombs for the dead???
Seems those aliens had nothing better to do here on Earth?

Imagine coming through space-time or a thousand light years away just to bury the dead!

So I don't believe this theory at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Have a kid.

When junior gets to 8th grade geometry have him start showing you how to do all these things you guys claim can't be done by bisecting a line.

Harte is right with strings and sticks, but you need shadows to start out right. A water level would help to find when the sun is an equal number of degrees more and less than straight up.

Or do you want me to show you exactly how to with strings, sticks, and the sun?

Answer is on this site. Finding North south east and west. Finding level and plumb. Checking for square.

Absolutely can't be done?

If it could be shown it can would you admit it?t

thousands of years ago they determined the cicumfrence of the earth with a well, the sun, and trig.

Any one can say it's so Harte. Proving it is where the money is.

Why some of these statement are allowed to persist I just don't know.

Answer is on this site. Read up oday and get your supplies. Get up early tommorow. Have someone blindfold you and take you a distance in a direction, say SSW of you home. You have to find the line that takes you +/-1 degree within your house. If you miss you did something wong. If you hit, well hen i wont matter because you'll never comeback and say "turns out you don'thave to have green skin, three eyes and be able to fornicate yourself to find direction, distance,l evel or plumb. You just have to make it through middle school with passing grades.

This is uneal. Do you people vote?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
march of the "i me"s

Why don't you take your "I'm the only one that knows the answer" ego back to your own little circus-thread. Your sophomoric attitude isn't going to be as tolerated when you start using it to derail other members' threads on this subject.

Here's a camel bladder and a cat-gut string - go play with yourself because you seem incapable of playing well with others.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
march of the "i me"s

Why don't you take your "I'm the only one that knows the answer" ego back to your own little circus-thread. Your sophomoric attitude isn't going to be as tolerated when you start using it to derail other members' threads on this subject.

Here's a camel bladder and a cat-gut string - go play with yourself because you seem incapable of playing well with others.

That was pretty good. Now tell me where I'm wrong. That will take the wind out of my sails.

Derail? Someone makes a claim I can rebuke and that's bad?

String, sticks and the sun.

Now show me a mistake.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Who said anything about a mistake? I believe I spoke to your attitude.

Until some one rises from the dead and explains in the first person how the pyramids were built, or some one finds a genuine papyrus laying it all out in detail, anybody's theory is as good as another (including the egyptologists and archeologists), as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You have voted Valhall for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Thanks for the great answear Val.

Now about the thread, what was the purpose of building the pyramids? As tombs?
But didn't the egyptologist check the Khafre Pyramid and the King's Chamber and no mummy was there? The sarcofagus was just EMPTY !!!

[edit on 12-8-2006 by Telos]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join