It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory of how the pyramids were built

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is an alien-related theory. Well, a favorite author of mine pointed it out first but I'll mention their name later b/c when I've done it on other sites, people start a debate with me and basically bash him/her which isn't the point of the thread anyway. I think that the ancient Egyptians were given alien technology. Whether it was a trade or not, I'm not quite sure but I believe they were given anti-gravity rods that lifted the massive stones effortlessly. Rather than taking 20+ years to build, they could probably have been made in a week (Does that sound about right? I don't think I understand how large a pyramid really is so add or take off a few days according to how long you think it would take if you had anti gravity rods). In ancient scriptures there have been mentions of flying saucers and such so there WERE aliens visiting Earth back then

[edit on 14-6-2006 by smadgirl]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It has been accepted that there are engravings and petroglyphs which depict saucer-like images, but most of these have been proven fraudulent. There are many other theories that seem much more likely, one of them being the most popular idea of Atantis and their technologies. Personally, I would tend to agree with the concept of ancient civilizations having an advanced understanding for their time, but not necessarily "Atlantis". The ancients had a complex and far reaching understanding of mathematics and astrology, a knowledge that we are only now coming close to matching. Given these two things, figuring out how to hoist the massive stones should not be too difficult. Look at the Coral Castle. The stones involved are massive, and yet one man built it by himself with the help of a cleverly designed weight and pulley system. It's all in the mathematics.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I agree, its all in the math. Ive said this on another thread and i see that it would benefit this one if i mention is again. Ancient civilazations were extremely smart and had to be to survive. They had to be great at math so their lives would be easier, which secured their survival. By what i mean is by farming, mainly, and their living quarters. Each and every day math was advancing. I do not believe aliens helped the egyptians make the pyramids ( I am not bashing your idea, i respect everyones idea or belief). I think that when people say that that is a kick in the n*ts to our ancient ancestors. To believe that they didnt have the brains or the will to make these marvelous buildings is something that i dont believe. Yes they didnt have huge earth movers or crains to lift the stone, but they had slaves or paid workers. Also the wheel and pulley was invented by that time so who knows what they were able to do with that technology alone. The only answer in my belief lies in the libraries of alexandria and constantanople. Unfortunately those libraries were burned with all the documents in them that would give us any insight into what or how the pyramid was constructed (im pretty sure they were burned during the crusades but dont hold me to it). Although i can not rule out the alien theory because there is no proof that thier technology was not used. Any thing is possible but my idea is that the human will is what created those massive structures.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wild_cat
I do not believe aliens helped the egyptians make the pyramids ( I am not bashing your idea, i respect everyones idea or belief). I think that when people say that that is a kick in the n*ts to our ancient ancestors. To believe that they didnt have the brains or the will to make these marvelous buildings is something that i dont believe. Yes they didnt have huge earth movers or crains to lift the stone, but they had slaves or paid workers.

This warms the cockles of my heart to read rational musings on the Egyptians.

Originally posted by wild_catAlso the wheel and pulley was invented by that time so who knows what they were able to do with that technology alone. The only answer in my belief lies in the libraries of alexandria and constantanople. Unfortunately those libraries were burned with all the documents in them that would give us any insight into what or how the pyramid was constructed (im pretty sure they were burned during the crusades but dont hold me to it).

However, you're mistaken about the wheel. No wheels or pulleys were used in pyramid construction. They hadn't been invented yet. Possibly rollers (tree trunks) but that's also extremely unlikely. The size of the stones would have split any logs used as rollers in very short order, needing replacement every 50 ft. or so!

Plus, the libraries you mourn for were unlikely to have helped us in this particular area, both being established literally thousands of years after the Egyptians stopped building pyramids.

Originally posted byEdenkaiaThe ancients had a complex and far reaching understanding of mathematics and astrology, a knowledge that we are only now coming close to matching.

Edenkaia,
I hope you mean that we are only now beginning to understand the extent of their knowledge. It looks like you mean that their math was more advanced than ours!
Nothing could be further from the truth!

Harte

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
To say that wheels and pulleys were not invented yet is just from the knowledge that WE know. Who knows if they did or didnt. It would have made their jobs easier. Also no one knows what was in those libraries, i was assuming that that would be one of the possible answers to the great question. I dont see why they wouldnt have used wheels, archaeoligist can be wrong sometimes but in this case they may not be???

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
With math and a rudimentrary understanding of convection, advection, and fluid displacement, they could have concievably used baloons to aid in moving huge stones. Another possibility is a system of pulleys and kites(this has been demonstrated experimentally as well, I'll hunt around for the link).

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think they were built by placing one block on top of the other

Sorry, just being a smarta$$
peace

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
hammers, chisels, skids and effort are alien ?

I saw a great show, the indians jones wanna be guy on discovery. He went to the actual quarry where the pyramid stones came from. He used a hammer and chisel and with no experience and little effort, he was easily able to quarry out a huge stone. they put it on a simple wooden skid, and all of 3 men moved it up a 20 degree incline

all it took was a lot of men, a level, and desire

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted byEdenkaiaThe ancients had a complex and far reaching understanding of mathematics and astrology, a knowledge that we are only now coming close to matching.

Edenkaia,
I hope you mean that we are only now beginning to understand the extent of their knowledge. It looks like you mean that their math was more advanced than ours!
Nothing could be further from the truth!

Harte

No, of course I did not mean that their math was more advanced than ours. We have machines capable of processing literally millions of numbers in countless multitudes of sequences to determine unimaginable outcomes. The great mathematicians from which we learned so much would only come far after the Pyramids were said to have been built, regardless which theory you adhere to. (I do seem to have a consistant problem with getting across what I need to say) I only meant to convey that we are only now, in more recent years, coming to fully understand the knowledge that they did have in those times; things that we never before realized ancient peoples were capable of.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by EdenKaia]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If they had been given "anti-gravity rods" why they would only build the pyramids?

Knowing that they were in great need of controling the Nile wouldn't it haven been better to build large dams and canals to control the flooding river, if they really had "anti-gravity rods"?

Why should we underestimate the inteligence of people who lived 4000, 5000 or more years ago, they were allready human beings like us, they may not had the capacity of making things like we have today, but anyone in this forum is capable of making just a bronze knife?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
hammers, chisels, skids and effort are alien ?

I saw a great show, the indians jones wanna be guy on discovery. He went to the actual quarry where the pyramid stones came from. He used a hammer and chisel and with no experience and little effort, he was easily able to quarry out a huge stone. they put it on a simple wooden skid, and all of 3 men moved it up a 20 degree incline

all it took was a lot of men, a level, and desire

You won't get a 60+ ton block of stone up a 20 degree incline.
The highest/steepest incline is around 10 degrees, and to do this would need a stone ramp ten times longer than the pyramid is high.
Truth be told, we do not know how it was built - all we do know is when.
No documents survive.

Even more interesting is the Sphinx temple, with it's walls made from 200 ton blocks of granite.
You cannot move these using the old Heave-Ho method.
Ask any construction engineer.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by neil wilkes
You won't get a 60+ ton block of stone up a 20 degree incline.
The highest/steepest incline is around 10 degrees, and to do this would need a stone ramp ten times longer than the pyramid is high.
Truth be told, we do not know how it was built - all we do know is when.
No documents survive.

Sure, the official verdict is that Khufu/Cheops had it built in the 4th dynasty. I find that conclusion to be based on very scant actual data. It is at best an educated guess, and by no means a fact, imo. I feel there is more evidence extant which puts its origins much further back in time than that.
Also, the Sphinx is a similarly ancient edifice, which I feel may have been altered by Khafre, at most. Maybe he had his face carved into it.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
the pyramids are too flawed to be built with alien technology.

they have 1+ foot gaps between some of the interior stones, isn't that flawed enough

people said they used flying saucers to raise the obelisks, but they found that they used SAND, lots and lots of sand.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

they have 1+ foot gaps between some of the interior stones, isn't that flawed enough

people said they used flying saucers to raise the obelisks, but they found that they used SAND, lots and lots of sand.

The bases DO NOT line up perfectly with true compass points. They are off by a couple of degrees. The bases are not perfectly square nor perfectly level (~5 cm off level). The Great Pyramid is not a symmetrical pyramid, it is slightly lopsided.

The Egyptians had some pretty good math and engineering skills. They invented surveying. They resurveyed property lines each year after the Nile flooding erased the markers. We know from written historical records and the other remaining temples and buildings they were capable of better precision than displayed in the Great Pyramid. The only mystery is how did they screw up so much in building the Great Pyramid?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

The bases DO NOT line up perfectly with true compass points. They are off by a couple of degrees. The bases are not perfectly square nor perfectly level (~5 cm off level). The Great Pyramid is not a symmetrical pyramid, it is slightly lopsided.

The Egyptians had some pretty good math and engineering skills. They invented surveying. They resurveyed property lines each year after the Nile flooding erased the markers. We know from written historical records and the other remaining temples and buildings they were capable of better precision than displayed in the Great Pyramid. The only mystery is how did they screw up so much in building the Great Pyramid?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
The only mystery is how did they screw up so much in building the Great Pyramid?

Where did you find those points? I have read the works of some of the most thorough and respected people who ever surveyed it, such as Flinders-Petrie, Lehner, etc., none of whom support any of your points. It is .015 percent off true square, hundreds of times more precise than the average modern building, which is as much as 3 %. It is more closely aligned with true north than the Royal Greenwich Observatory in the UK, the home of modern cartography. It is not lopsided but is purposefully concave, and while the bedrock is not level, the pyramid is very much so. It is true that internally, it does have a lot of irregularity. This may not have been of great importance to the builders. The surfaces, angles, and complex design features incorporated in it are awesome. We are able to do many things today that I find just as amazing, the ISS, the Chunnel, TV, Taipei 101, Allen Telescope Array, the Hubble, Shuttle, etc., but that does not take away from the incredible and unrepeated achievement that is Giza.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by smadgirl
This is an alien-related theory. Well, a favorite author of mine pointed it out first but I'll mention their name later b/c when I've done it on other sites, people start a debate with me and basically bash him/her which isn't the point of the thread anyway. I think that the ancient Egyptians were given alien technology. Whether it was a trade or not, I'm not quite sure but I believe they were given anti-gravity rods that lifted the massive stones effortlessly. Rather than taking 20+ years to build, they could probably have been made in a week (Does that sound about right? I don't think I understand how large a pyramid really is so add or take off a few days according to how long you think it would take if you had anti gravity rods). In ancient scriptures there have been mentions of flying saucers and such so there WERE aliens visiting Earth back then

[edit on 14-6-2006 by smadgirl]

I do not wish to either offend or to make light of your beliefs but are you aware how much evidence there is against your theory?
In addition to archaelogical digs of the areas where the workers lived during construction, which points to a prolonged (multi decade) camp, there are existing work orders, material invoices, and other paperwork (or papyruswork if you prefer) which shows that the the pyramids were built by paid craftsman (not slave labor as is "common wisdom" ) who,m due to thier skills were held in higher regard than arcitechts of today.
While I appreciate the urge upon having seen the pyramids to attribute thier construction to other worldly powers, in truth it was simple human innovation and persistance.

One of the best resources for accurate infromation about the pyramids is this site.
guardians.net...
Zawi Hawass the head of egyptian antiquities is one of the worlds leading, if not the leading, expert on the pyramids and how they were built.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by ShazamsChampion]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
If they had been given "anti-gravity rods" why they would only build the pyramids?

Knowing that they were in great need of controling the Nile wouldn't it haven been better to build large dams and canals to control the flooding river, if they really had "anti-gravity rods"?

Why should we underestimate the inteligence of people who lived 4000, 5000 or more years ago, they were allready human beings like us, they may not had the capacity of making things like we have today, but anyone in this forum is capable of making just a bronze knife?

WHile I agree with your point bronze casting is far from a lost art. In point of fact last year I was part of a three day workshop in Holland where I leanred to and did cast, polish, and mount both a bronze dagger and a bronze axe.
Einstein said it best
"If I have seen further than others it is only because I satnd on the shoulders of giants"
That applies to all human science.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
‘In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.’ Albert Einstein
‘Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.’ Albert Einstein
‘Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.’ Albert Einstein
‘Only two things are infinite; the universe, & human stupidity, & I’m not sure about the former.’ Albert Einstein
'Imagination is more important than knowledge.' Albert Einstein
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, & more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- & a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
‘My sense of God is my sense of wonder at the universe.’ Albert Einstein
‘God does not play dice with the universe.’ Albert Einstein
‘Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.’ Albert Einstein
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind". Albert Einstein
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein
Heroism on command, senseless violence, & all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them! - Albert Einstein
‘I dont know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks & stones’ – Einstein
"Time & space are modes by which we think & not conditions in which we live." - Albert Einstein
It is currently proposed that the first homo sapiens sapiens, indistinguishable from us, lived over 160 000 years ago, and maybe 250 000 years back. In that time, a dozen great global cultures could rise and disappear. At least one having done so is not improbable, especially since the ancients firmly believed it was so. It is my view that Giza is likely a very big, very durable, obvious, and well planned calling card, saying, sorry we missed ya. We were here, look what we could do. It is not at all a fact that we are the first global culture, or the first technically advanced. I see lots to support the opposite, OOParts for example. There may have been ETs, but they are not necessarily the answer, we could have done it ourselves. 250 000 years can house alot of Einsteins, Thoths, or Merlyns.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShazamsChampion
...Einstein said it best
"If I have seen further than others it is only because I satnd on the shoulders of giants"
That applies to all human science.

It certainly does. But, while Einstein might have said this, as an original quote it can be attributed to Sir Isaac Newton.

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIIII love Einstein quotes

...‘Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.’ Albert Einstein...

This is getting to be a trend, attributing other people's words to Albert Einstein.
The above quote is from Carl Sagan. He coined the phrase and used it as an example of a common fallacy in his book the Demon Haunted World.

Also, if "absence of evidence" is not "evidence of absence," then please tell me, exactly what would be "evidence of absence?" Or, you could just read my sig.

But, in the spirit of the current theme, let me give my favorite Einstein Quote:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

Another fave from good old Einie:

"I have not yet begun to fight" - said on the same day that he said - "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country," and "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

Harte

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join