It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerrang! Radio's Tim Shaw's Asylum and AboveTopSecret.com

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I already posted this but it disappeared during the 'downtime' we just had.

Subz is not imagining things.

He definitely said 'I've had enough of this' as he cut you off the first time.

The ads started a second before he cut you off the second.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You definitely "heard" something that was not there...
They just sent me the first half of the conversation in an mp3 and ALL Tim says before we get cut off is "Really?" (in response to me saying I think Zarqawi was made up...).

Immediately after Tim says "Really?" the line went dead just as it did real time on my phone.

His producer, Lucy, just emailed me the first half and when I have the rest I'll put it all up as a podcast. She also mentioned in the email that their listeners were giving them "VERY Positive Feedback" about having ATS on the show.

Springer...

I hope so Springer, but I wasnt the only one that heard Tim Shaw say something in that vein. There was also no mention of the line dropping from Tim or any attempts to explain the drop out. In the previous interview when the line dropped he actually mentioned it and explained that they will be trying to get you back. None of that was mentioned on this last interview. They cut imediately to pre-recorded ads/pieces and began chit chatting amongst themselves.

I also would be interested in why they only gave you half of the interview in mp3 form? When they originally gave you the first interview email very rapidly indeed. I am only concerned here because I (as well as others) got the impression he was taking the mick out of some one we respect.

I really would like to hear the mp3 before I make my mind up on the matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just curious do we have a download of the most recent appearance yet?

Spider

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

I also would be interested in why they only gave you half of the interview in mp3 form? When they originally gave you the first interview email very rapidly indeed. I am only concerned here because I (as well as others) got the impression he was taking the mick out of some one we respect.

I really would like to hear the mp3 before I make my mind up on the matter.

The "ads that immediately cut in" were from the main broadcast studio control board and they "stepped on" (played over) Tim's broadcast cutting him off as well. His show got cut off by the ads. That's why only the first half was recorded. They record off the incoming feed from the main broadcast studio and that's what got put out, the ads you heard.

Bottomline, is they love having ATS on the show, Tim is always totally cool on the phone and they want us back every two weeks. Last night not even Tim knew he was cutoff by the ads.

Worry not. there are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT things for us to worry over than this.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ah no worries then Springer

Looking forward to the next radio interview!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The "ads that immediately cut in" were from the main broadcast studio control board and they "stepped on" (played over) Tim's broadcast cutting him off as well. His show got cut off by the ads. That's why only the first half was recorded. They record off the incoming feed from the main broadcast studio and that's what got put out, the ads you heard.

Bottomline, is they love having ATS on the show, Tim is always totally cool on the phone and they want us back every two weeks. Last night not even Tim knew he was cutoff by the ads.

Worry not. there are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT things for us to worry over than this.

Springer...

Yeah Tim said the guys doing the adverts were on work experience, they keep cutting over him speaking and cutting off his calls, its so annoying

I don't know if you listened but a while after you got cut off, Tim fell over and "impaled" his eye on the corner of a desk so next time you're on, be sure to [s]make fun[/s] ask how he is

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah Tim, make sure you ask him if he recovered after Kate Lawler's attack!

Man, if I was gonna be beat by anyone.....it'd be her!!!

[edit on 16/7/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Gotta love Kate

I have to say - although I haven't heard it yet - I'll be mightily impressed if Tim Shaw takes this interview even remotely seriously...This is the guy who rang his Nan to tell her he was dead and talking to her from the grave, if anyone remembers....

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FactoryLad
Gotta love Kate

I have to say - although I haven't heard it yet - I'll be mightily impressed if Tim Shaw takes this interview even remotely seriously...This is the guy who rang his Nan to tell her he was dead and talking to her from the grave, if anyone remembers....

Tim is quite interested in our stuff, we always have a bit of fun but overall I'd have to say he's a sharp guy when it comes to the B.S. the MSM and government lackies are trying to shove down our throats. He's very up to date on reality and doesn't buy a bit of the bollocks.

The next show is:

This Sunday, 20 August, 2006 @ 11:30pm GMT Do tune in.

Springer...

[edit on 8-17-2006 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wait, Springer bumped the thread... is there an interview coming soon again, or today?
I haven't seen any ads announcing it yet. I looked on the site, but didn't see anything there either.

*tinkers with wireless connection to make sure streaming will be possible*

*Edit

[edit on 8/17/06 by niteboy82]Tee Hee...

[edit on 8/17/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

This Sunday, 20 August, 2006 @ 11:30pm GMT Do tune in.

great ! will make sure i listen

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
thread bump

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join