It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prevent Prostate Cancer and Save Liver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
i'm sure people who read the news have saw these stories. Drink about 17 beers a day and you may prevent prostate cancer. The compound xanthohumol which is in the hops seems to inhibit proteins that "turn on cancer". The best part of this news has to do with another story that just came out. Worried about how drinking 17 beers a day will effect your liver function? Well worry no more! In a study that just came out drinking 2 cups of coffee a day cut the risk of cirrhosis by 20% and drinking 4 cups cut the risk by 80%. The people conducting the study are not sure what ingredient in the coffee is responsible.
This is great news. People can now drink a bunch of beer, feel great, wake up hungover, feel awful, have some coffee, and beat prostate cancer and cirrhosis.

17 Beers a day do prevent prostate cancer

Drink coffee, cut the risk of alcoholic cirrhosis

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A diet of 17 beers a day topped with 3 espressos is sure to give you hypertension, possibly a kidney failure, maybe a stroke and is likey to cause a host of problems and severe damage to your other vital organs. I'm not even talking about weight gain.

How about just taking hops as tablets?

I remember how I was on a 2 Starbucks a day (grande, I believe), not counting the weak coffee I had in the morning, and how in a while I drove myself to hearth palpitation, to the extent that the heart would stop beating for a few seconds. Let me tell you, it's not a cool feeling.

As for prostate cancer, they have discovered that processed tomato products are good for prevention -- even ketchup and pizza. Of course, you can also gain weight this way. I just like eating pasta sace out of a jar

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Aelita]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
yeah it was more of a tongue in cheek kinda post. still good to see people doing studies on natural everyday items for health benefits.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
A diet of 17 beers a day topped with 3 espressos is sure to give you hypertension, possibly a kidney failure, maybe a stroke and is likey to cause a host of problems and severe damage to your other vital organs. I'm not even talking about weight gain.

You had to spoil it didn,t you?? Along comes a guy with a perfectly good reason to get completely drunk and you had to ruin it..I bet you go to the gym too..

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Men who masturbate frequently significantly reduce their chances of developing prostate cancer, Australian researchers have found.

The researchers from Cancer Council, Victoria, said they believed frequent ejaculation cleared potentially carcinogenic chemicals from the prostate.

Graham Giles, the council's head of cancer epidemiology, told a news agency their researchers interviewed more than 2,000 men aged 40 to 69.

Those who ejaculated more than five times a week, he said, were a third less likely to develop prostate cancer.
www.rediff.com...

With a beer in one hand and etc.............
This disease can be beaten.

new topics

top topics

join