It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

member question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I just saw on another thread that American Mad Man has been banned. What did he do?

This makes me sad as he seems to have been around as long as me and we have had soem great debates, and arguments but never with any hostility. If you still read the board AMM, all the best

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I'd be surprised if you got an actual answer to this. I've been curious many times as to why a member gets banned, and I've seen a handful of people ask about it, but the answer is always along the lines of "Because they did something bad, mmkay? Don't worry about it."

Not that I'm knocking that policy--I don't know if I'd want my "dirty laundry" hung out in the open like that if I were in that position. But at the same time, it might help let others know more explicitly what lines not to cross, and keep some people in check (knowing that the rest of the board would hear that they badmouthed SO's coding style or something
)

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's always sad when people get banned. (well not always) And much of the time, people get banned for what happens behind the scenes, in U2Us or other private conversations with the staff or other members. That could explain why you didn't see what caused the banning.

In any case, the staff doesn't make public cases of bannings because it would cause a 'drama event', people arguing with staff's reasoning, asking a lot of questions and objecting to and arguing with the decision. It would get ugly.

So, you're not likely to find out the reason(s).

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
But at the same time, it might help let others know more explicitly what lines not to cross, and keep some people in check

That's already outlined in the T&C.

top topics

join