It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dylan's Chronicles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I'm reading Chronicles, Vol. 1 by Bob Dylan. It seems rather wonderful to me, especially for the clarity with which it portrays the times he writes about and the almost brutal honesty with which he talks about himself and others in it.

Anyone else read this book? What did you think about it?

In particular, what impressed you most -- either positively or negatively -- about it?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
taking dylan's own words regarding the bible "i've glanced through it".

the one thing you have to keep in mind when reading something like chronicles is your dealing with a man who is both everything and nothing like his myth. dylan has always had that little mischevious sparkle in his eye, and certainly early on he completely made up a mythos for himself regarding his past and upbringing. as time has gone on, that myth, wrapped in truth, and covered in genious is impossible to take purely on face value. but it sure makes being a fan alot of fun.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Henry Timrod didn't ghost write it did he?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I loved Dylans' "chronicles" and it certainly showed the humanness of a spokesman for an entire generation. I don't think even Dylan realizes what an influence he had on American language, style and culture, and thinking.

A genius is one thing; but a genius that has the courage to follow up on his vision; borders on the supernatural.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tasteslikethunder
dylan... completely made up a mythos for himself regarding his past and upbringing.

Well, that myth is rather well known. Its veracity (or lack thereof) has been investigated by various Dylanologists, from Robert Shelton to Clinton Heylin. It is not repeated in Chronicles, which reads like an attempt to tell the truth, however selectively.

It's an easy and absorbing read. Give it more than a glance and you'll see.

top topics

join