It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to skinwalker ranch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
August 15, me and 2 other friends are gonna head to skinwalker ranch and stay for 3 nights. we'll be armed with a Canon EOS 350D Digital Rebel camera, colt .45 and an ak-47.

We plan to get to the bottom of the shinwalker ranch mystery.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
whats the mystery of it? Iv never heard of this place before.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The Ranch is currently owned by NIDS and is Private Property. NIDS does not want you there, its gaurded and under electronic survailence. Tresspassers will be prosecuted. -Note: The Ranch is to be considered dangerous & unpredictable, attempting to enter the Ranch puts your safety at risk....

Sounds fun

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Make sure your firewall is up to speed. Active X controls are usually bad news.

I used to rock hunt with my father around that area as a child. Never saw anything unusual. Earning a living is hard there and I can’t blame them for trying to make a buck or two off of local mythology.

Trespassing is a crime. You are admitting to planning a crime on a public forum. Or is this just more SPAM. God I hate spammers!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Forgot to mention. The weapons set you up for mandatory sentencing and take this into the Federal realm. If your underage, make sure you take a responsible adult along with those guns you have. AK47's are for killing people. I'll give my cousin a call and see if they want to mention this to the local authorities and the owners of the ranch. I have not called there in a long time anyway. It will be good to touch bases with everyone.

Did I say I hate Spammers? I hate trespassers worse. Kids will be kids

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
sometimes you gotta break the law to get to the bottom of things. Its better than sitting here alway speculating but never taking action. Ak-47s are not illigal in Utah and I don't plan to use the on ppl. Some of the things you hear popping up around there don't seem like there gonna be fazed by a handgun. (the bullet-proof wolf for example.)

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Trespassing is a crime. You are planning a crime on a public forum. No way to dispute that. Why don’t you try something original like asking permission? They may not mind if you promise to clean up after yourself. Most ranchers will say yes as long as they know who you are and they have assurance that you will not engage in any vandalism, kill livestock or leave garbage behind.

I still think this is SPAM to beef up the counter total on the site.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
well also if you happen to run into a skinwalker...I can't remember exactly what the Hopi said about them let me check...
I couldn't find a good description other than wikipedia and I'm sure everyone can do that themselves

It was black and hairy and was eye level with the passengers in the cab. If this was a man, it was like no man Frances had ever seen. Yet despite its monstrous appearance, whatever this thing was, it wore a man's clothes. "It had on a white and blue checked shirt and long pants - I think jeans," Frances testifies. "Its arms were raised over its head, almost touching the top of the cab."

from paranormal.about.com...

That's a first hand encounter with a supposed skinwalker, I can't be sure if they exist or not. However, I have spent some time backpacking with a group in the Utah desert and it definately gets a little creepy at night. A few weeks before I arrived there, one of the instructors and around five kids saw a UFO fly above them. About a minute afterwards several low flying Stealth Bomber's flew overhead (distinct yellow lights on the bottom that I have seen for myself while in the desert they fly very fast and low) and then later fighter jets and then finally what looked to be a radar plane with a bubble on top. Now keep in mind this is October of 2004 at night and there shouldn't be this kind of activity in a random part of the desert. They were really out in the middle of nowhere, not a person for miles.

So if this kind of story can happen (and you believe me) why not a skinwalker? There are a lot of unexplained things in this world that can simply only be described as paranormal. Just leave it at that

[edit on 13-6-2006 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

NIDS does not want you there, its gaurded and under electronic survailence. Tresspassers will be prosecuted. -Note: The Ranch is to be considered dangerous & unpredictable, attempting to enter the Ranch puts your safety at risk....

After reading the book on this place I doubt their "surveillance" could capture a horde of senior citizens strolling through the ranch in search of a bingo parlor let alone a single person.

With all the supposed activity at this place this super scientific research team and their "guards" were able to document and prove NOTHING.

I'm still steamed about the totally misleading tripe that this story is filled with. The biggest disapointment being that this one sounded like it might have some teeth to it.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic

NIDS does not want you there, its gaurded and under electronic survailence. Tresspassers will be prosecuted. -Note: The Ranch is to be considered dangerous & unpredictable, attempting to enter the Ranch puts your safety at risk....

After reading the book on this place I doubt their "surveillance" could capture a horde of senior citizens strolling through the ranch in search of a bingo parlor let alone a single person.

With all the supposed activity at this place this super scientific research team and their "guards" were able to document and prove NOTHING.

I'm still steamed about the totally misleading tripe that this story is filled with. The biggest disapointment being that this one sounded like it might have some teeth to it.

Yeah I was afraid of that, I havent read the book but I was intrigued. All those cameras yet no photographs or video is suspicious.

Good story though.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I havent read the book but I was intrigued. All those cameras yet no photographs or video is suspicious. Good story though

Great story and I too was intrigued. The inclusion of a couple of photos, even drawings would have helped convey this story better. Had they done that and concluded with the promise of more to come in another book, they might have made themselves enough money to put even better equipment on the ranch.

But these guys cant even market a book properly so how are they going to sucessfully document all this supposed activity? I'm frustrated by it all.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
All I can think about is if someone attempted to do this sort of thing to you on your personal property - you'd be pretty PO'd.

Hope you don't have problems with a policed state - because this type of thinking is activiely motivating the implication of such.

Comon, dude - can't you just write a fictional account and use your imagination here rather than trying to manifest it in reality?

Too much time on your hands?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
How exactly do you plan to infiltrate this place? Were you invited to investigate?
I personally would love to have a first hand experience myself but I thought this was a privatly owned ranch now.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
AK47's are for killing people.

Civilian AK-47s are great target shooters, low maintenance, cheap ammo great, great ergonomics. Ive owned one for many years and have never killed anything besides paper targets and the tree was already dead I swear.

Your about 10 times more likely to be killed with a .22 pistol or 9mm pistol then a AK-47 anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The journalist George Napp, is a Vegas local who writes for urban culture magazine's like, Las Vegas City Life.

While this place sounds ficticious, the journalist himself writes very normal pieces with the occasional op-ed.

-ADHD

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I'll give my cousin a call and see if they want to mention this to the local authorities and the owners of the ranch.

Gee, what's your problem? Jumping on people's threads and threatening them is a great way to stop the important research and exploration that needs to take place imo. Looks like you've scared the guy away now, nice work!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

I'll give my cousin a call and see if they want to mention this to the local authorities and the owners of the ranch.

Gee, what's your problem? Jumping on people's threads and threatening them is a great way to stop the important research and exploration that needs to take place imo. Looks like you've scared the guy away now, nice work!

This is exactly what I thought. Sometimes the rule have to be bent to get something done. I't not like I'm going there to mess things up.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Good luck mate,

I've read a lot about this place and it sounds scary. But what I would be worried about mostly would be the trespassing issue. Personally I would try as much as I could to ask permission it would be an amazing experience whether this stuff actually happens or not.

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is nothing you can say that will make it ok to trespass. It is illegal and you should not do it. It could not hurt to ask the person who owns the place if he will let you go there. The worst he can do is say no and laugh at you.

The terms and conditions of use say, "2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden." So if I were you I would stop talking about breaking the law, before you get a warn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join