It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mighty Boosh!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
just wonderd if anyone loved the mighty boosh as much as i do!
hahaha its the best ever comedy programme
following the adventures of howard moon and vince noir
also has some of the funnist characters ever
like " The Moon" and "Old Gregg"

just wonderd who else liked it?

if you've never seen it you should check it out

you wont be disapointed

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I LOVE the Mighty Boosh! I have the biggest crush on Vince Noir and I'm kicking myself for not seeing them when they were in London.

My fave episodes are Nanageddon (Tony Harrison!) Old Gregg (bring on the P Funk) and the Nightmare of Milky Joe. The show is a brilliant combination of surrealism, humour, music and obscure references.

Great show and Vince has the best hair - "I practically invented the mullet. The Mullet is a classic cut."

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
hahaha damn right
the hitcher is one of my favs
"you love you sl*gs"
haha

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Not me, it bothered me how unfunny that show was. I mean, the title led me to believe it would at least make some kind of comment upon the highly exploitable past and reality of The President. But no. Nothing anywhere near, so I just had to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas again.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What do you mean The President? What President? And why would the Booch include one of these in their show? It isn't about politics or even politcal satire.

Are we talking about the same show?

As far as 'unfunny' depends how you like your comedy

[edit on 20-6-2006 by nikelbee]

CX

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The Mighty Boosh has to be the funniest show i've seen in a long while! My girlfriend just bought me the dvd box set and i'm totaly wearing it out. My kids are loving it too!

I just got myself a t-shirt from this site, definately the biggest selection of Boosh t-shirts about.

www.spreadshirt.net...[cat]=1

As well as Vince and Howard, one of my fave charachters has to be the legend that is Bob Fossil! He should definately patent his "I don't like cricket" dance in the Killeroo episode!

What with Naboo and Dixon Bamebridge, this is definately the best show i've had the pleasure of watching for a while. The dvd is great with all the extra bits on it like the making of the boosh and a look behind the individual charachters.

CX.

[edit on 20/6/06 by CX]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Bob Fossil is great. Love his dancing, his powder blue trouser suit, his cup holders and his weirdness.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Cause it's a different spelling of Bush, and it was about animals. There's a funny bit in Generation of Swine when this man is trying to convince HST that George H. W. Bush is a nice guy, and he's going though all these things about him that are good, and one is that he is favourable towards animals. (another is that he has a Halliburton tape machine, which is even funnier)

Yeah? Like in Arrested Development, which I loved, they are called the Bluths. Which is a bit like someone with a lisp trying to say 'Bush'.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ed

I still don't understand what you are trying to say - Boosch isn't about Bush. It is a very British comedy without having to delve into the world of American politics. And it isn't about animals - the first season was situated in the Zoouniverse and the animals occasionally serve as gags/props, but the funny bits come from the friendship between the two main characters and their wacky view on the world - including their hilarious adlib like moments.

Anyway, I think we are going in circles here so let's just agree that the Mighty Booch isn't/shouldn't be about Bush.

Apparently the title comes from a haircut that Noel's brother Michael Fielding had when he was younger. Noel overheard Michael's friends calling it a "mighty bush"
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 20-6-2006 by nikelbee]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't know what the title refers to really, are you saying it isn't even explained in the show at all?!

I just meant that seeing a name like that in the TV listings made me think it would be at least referential. Which it might have been! But I couldn't get into it enough to watch it much.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
they call it "The Mighty Boosh"
because when they guy who plays "naboo" was younger he had a massive amount of hair and they called it "The Mighty Boosh"
also why would english people make a comedy programme about president bush
= S
that would be pointless

CX

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Look what i bought off eaby the other night!

cgi.ebay.co.uk...

Christ i buy some crap off there at times!

CX.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Crap?? That's perfectly great - not to mention useful - merchandise. I want one!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
hahahaha thats ace
= D
might have to bid myself
and get one
they got one for vince or naboo?
haha but that is great

CX

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
For those who have'nt yet experienced the legend that is Bob Fossil, here the dance from Killaroo!

www.youtube.com...

The guy who sells those Zooniverse id badges has loads more in his ebay shop, most of the characters. The laughs that that badge will bring me every time i look at it makes it worth it's weight in gold lol!

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxXzombieXcoreXxX
hahahaha thats ace
= D
might have to bid myself
and get one
they got one for vince or naboo?
haha but that is great

stores.ebay.co.uk...

They've got a few on there.

CX.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
haha cheers man
= ]
i shall be checking that out
anyone know if there bringing out a 3rd series yet?
i want them to haha

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: XxXzombieXcoreXxX

i just recently discovered old Gregg.

really funny stuff!

do you think you could ever love me? make an assessment.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Was one weird ass show.

I've never been on drugs, but I imagine it's a lot like watching it....

It was entertaining though....even if just for being so damn weird. Always fun to expand one's horizons, and this show definitely did that....

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: XxXzombieXcoreXxX

have you seen the Trailer Park Boys episode where they have to track down the main comic from Boosh in London?
I lol'd.

new topics

top topics

join