It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
#15 You care more about what Christ's name can do for you than you do about what you can do for others, in His name.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dances With Angels
10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

Although I consider myself a gnostic christian I will attempt to answer some of the comments you reposted from this site.

10. Most religions require a god of some sort. We are in an age where once again anybody can create a religion for their own person reasons. How does this legitimize anything?

9. Despite your great 'faith' in science, I myself see no compelling arguments nor proof to fully support evolution as a theory that explains the existance of modern man. Just on the basis that man's science is woefully weak and in fact a very new endeavour in our existance, I find it hilarious that they can fully believe they truly understand anything but the simplest concepts of reality at this time.

8. Polytheism and triunity are not similar concepts at all. Triunity is a concept relevant to this dimensional space we exist in at this time. Polytheism relates to point 10 you reposted in this thread.

I'll try to get to the others but I only have so much time and there are so many to educate.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
#15 You care more about what Christ's name can do for you than you do about what you can do for others, in His name.

#16 You walk in victory over the deceiver, knowing the battle is already won. You know your weapon and your defenses.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
for 29 pages!!! Twenty nine pages!

There is only one Conspiracy...the Matrix has you.

Dude!
I haven't laughed so hard in 6 months! And I needed it--I truly feel good now! Really.

Not only that--I actually read every single post of that 29 pages. I have to admit, you certainly do have a talent. For what, I don't know. But a meandering course of nearly 30 pages that starts with this:

posted by Sun MatrixThis is just your introduction. Later, I will set the stage and show you some of the things that you are not supposed to see. Things that have been going on right in front of you that you are blind to. So check in with me for a couple of days and let us see where this takes us

and ended here, with your last weighty statement of:

I welcome anyone to challenge my facts. If I am wrong, I want to know that I am wrong. I have absolutely no problem with that. I do not reject truth. However, I not going to sit here and take free shots, from people that have no facts, no truth.
You on the other hand have a vast amount of knowledge about these things and yet.....................always learning and never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

29 pages later I was wondering what is the Matrix? Is Sun Matrix the Matrix? Or is Sun Matrix caught by the Matrix? Or is the Matrix Sun Matrix's favorite flick? Then I remembered, NO, this was going to be about some real important hidden truths, but I couldn't remember if it was biblical, or fictional, it seemed more 'ad lib' than anything else

--the references to 'Baal' being the 'Sun' god and that being part of the Matrix, well, Sun Matrix--really all I can say is that you really ought to provide barf bags! I got seasick from all that!

But still I laughed and it was great.

So great that I gave you a vote!!

You have voted Sun Matrix for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's awesome how God knows all that people do and has had it written in the Bible.

Philipians 1:[15] Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
[16] The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
[17] But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
[18] What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Dances With Angels

Great thread - made me laugh. There's an element of truth in all 10.

Shame the thread has got a little grumpy - people ought to take it in the manner in which it was intended.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Queenannie

I loved the tread where you accused me of judging someone and I never even made a post to them. I guess your false accustations failed and now it's on to personal attacks. Your master must be very upset, and I understand why.

I do want to thank you for one thing that I learned from you. I knew the answer already, but you provided the proof. Your master is going to be very upset when he sees the results of your information. I suggest you run back to him and report your continued failings. He is getting ready to get really pissed, by the way, so I would get prepared. Have fun with that.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Great list. Its so typical too. I had to book mark the page.

But enough with the argueing. We can settle this religous nonsense once and for all by everyone simply worshiping me instead.

I wont grant your prayers, nor do I care about your fare in the afterlife, but if you worship me, then Ill allow you to fight as many wars as you like in my name while stone drunk.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Going by some of the responses I got in my 'top ten ways to come out of the closet' joke thread, your having posted this thread would mean that you 'must be' a fundie christian yourself.........and therefore also anyone posting anything at all that takes the mick out of something means that they 'must be' actually that way themselves for real.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Not necessarily. At all.

Why would fundamental christians get offended, anyway--if they were so filled with spirit as they claim?

Because the spirit does not get offended!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Queenannie

I loved the tre...... you accused me of judging so......... and I never even made a post to th......... very upset.....be very upset when he s...........ults of your information. I suggest you run back to him and............ontinued failings. He is getting ready to........ssed, by the way, so............would get prepared. Have fun with that.

blah..... blah..... blah......

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Not necessarily. At all.

Why would fundamental christians get offended, anyway--if they were so filled with spirit as they claim?

Because the spirit does not get offended!

Ephesians:30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

God does have emotions. The Holy Spirit is God also.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If I would make fun of your father you would get offended. Guess what, this top ten list is offensive because, whether those who find it amusing or not realize it or not, you are making fun of our Heavenly Father.

And of course the argument will be, no we're not we're making fun of christians.

Well, God has an answer for those making light of His children,

Mark 9:[42] And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Queenannie

I loved the tre...... you accused me of judging so......... and I never even made a post to th......... very upset.....be very upset when he s...........ults of your information. I suggest you run back to him and............ontinued failings. He is getting ready to........ssed, by the way, so............would get prepared. Have fun with that.

blah..... blah..... blah......

I understand your fear, and the fear of your master. You take so much pleasure in praising those that are blind, hoping to keep them in darkness. Anytime you want to discuss facts I'm right here. I think that I can learn more from you which I can use against your master. I don't think that he is going to be too happy pretty soon.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Let not the vain speeches of any trouble you, who pervert the truth,
that they may draw you aside from the truth that I teach.

Paul (sorry cant remember Ch. and V)

On the Origin of the World
... he boasted continually, saying to (the angels)... I am God, no other
one exists except me." But When he said these things, he sinned
against all of the immortal ones... when Faithsaw the impiety of the chief ruler,
she was angry.... she said, "You err, Samael (blind god)." An enlightened,
immortal humanity exists before you.

I can quote external passages to.

If I would make fun of your father you would get offended. Guess what, this top ten list is offensive because, whether those who find it amusing or not realize it or not, you are making fun of our Heavenly Father.

Interesting. You use a lower case F when refering to My Father , and expect me to
automatically accept your Father . YOU expect others to show respect to your beliefs, legends and myths but do not feel you need to respect others beliefs.

I submit for the courts inspection This thread.
I dont recall you being indignant over the Xian slander of the Wiccan beliefs.

So I now tell you what a certain fundie SM told me at the time.

GET OVER IT

[edit on 17-6-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Who was it who said "in vain do they whorship me, teaching for doctrine the comandments on men"?

Further, if the "Bible" has never been altered, where is the book of Jasher? the old testament refer's you to it 2 time.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
remember people, we choose to be offended by what we want to be offended by. It's your choice. God certainly can be offended dbrant but why would he choose to be? If I was the size of the universe, I would choose not to be offende d by the petty affiars of humans on this pitable place we call earth. Besides if we have a God who gets offended by swear words, we have a really weak God. Not even I get really ofended if someone swears at me. They're only words.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

And of course the argument will be, no we're not we're making fun of christians.

Well, God has an answer for those making light of His children,

Mark 9:[42] And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

aren't all people God's children?? SO because people have different personalities and opinions and get offended by different little things I guess everyone here offends "Gods Children" sometimes.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
It's awesome how God knows all that people do and has had it written in the Bible.

Philipians 1:[15] Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
[16] The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
[17] But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
[18] What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

#18 You come out of left field talking about how awesome God is, and using a couple of passages from his book to prove it.

It's like talking about how awesome Superman is, and using a Superman comic to prove it.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
Interesting. You use a lower case F when refering to My Father , and expect me to
automatically accept your Father . YOU expect others to show respect to your beliefs, legends and myths but do not feel you need to respect others beliefs.

I submit for the courts inspection This thread.
I dont recall you being indignant over the Xian slander of the Wiccan beliefs.

I use capitals when talking about God to distinguish that He is God.

As far as the thread about wiccans. I find it offensive when someone say people's lives are of no value. People in real life have been murdered and eaten. That is disgusting and to make a joke of it is wrong. Even though I don't agree with wiccans beliefs, I know they are somone who Jesus died for, and He desires that they come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join