It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is in Iraq, not Camp David!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
yeah, that topic
. Glad to see someone shares my strange sense of humour.

Seriously, having problems pronouncing a word is not indicative of intelligence or lack thereof, you should hear me attempt to pronounce aluminum sometime. It can get interesting...and I like to consider myself reasonably intelligent. I will concede to you that he isn't the most clever of public speakers, that is rather obvious. I just do not agree that it is indicative of his intelligence. What say we agree to disagree?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Not a good day for the Bush bashers.
I can smell the anger. sniff sniff.

I think it's awesome that he pulled a bait and switch, on those invited to Camp David.
But I guess everything you do is because an election is coming up, right?
What exactly is that timeframe anyway? 5 months before? a year before an election?..

Anyway, Good thread jsobecky, the reaction meter is pegged. Not going to say which
way the needle is pointing. but you could probably guess.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Now, if he came to town with the fanfare of a dictator or some Hitler like parade, I can understand grandstanding or poll whoring, but I jsut do not see it.

Why so much agression because he went there? Is it because he is doing something he should?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Why so much agression because he went there? Is it because he is doing something he should?

Truthfully? No. It's because he's doing something. Some of us are so sick of what we consider his gross mishandling of this country, this war, our lives - that whatever he does, we suspect ulterior, selfish motives. That's just honest. I can't imagine myself saying, "That was a good move on Bush's part." Simply because everything he does is for his own selfish gain and we're just absolutely sick to death of the lies.

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but that's just how it came out. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
But the fact remains that this move of going to Iraq was, in fact, a good thing.

What it does show is that the President had an interest in a face to face meeting. I suppose it's too much to ask that certain people comprehend other cultures' ideals, one of which is the importance placed by certain cultures on face to face meetings as a show of good faith, whereas a teleconference would have likely been viewed as acceptable but second rate.

Had Bush never gone to Iraq the cry would've been "See, he doesn't even go there", now that he's gone there the cries of "It's all PR" or whatever come out. Simply a typical lose-lose situation that allows people to complain, which is what some people do best.

Oh and on a side note, those of you who keep falling back into the "Bush is dumb" or "Bush looks like a monkey" or "Bush can't speak in public" are the biggest problem America faces today. Fools, plain and simple. On the one hand you claim he and his staff are pulling off brilliant, well planned, well thought out plans to take away your civil rights and spy on you, and take over the world, and on the other hand you call them all monkeys and idiots.

What does that accomplish for you? Zero legitimacy in your arguments. Period.

You know how some of my dear Democrat friends have bumper stickers that say "Don't blame me, I voted for Kerry"... idiots... Mine should say "Don't blame me, I'm not the one who underestimated a group of historically corrupt people and made everything into a joke."

You can thank your liberal friends Stewart, Colbert (and the rest of Hollywood's brain dead superstars) for making the administration into a cartoon that people find amusing rather than an administration people should be serious about and watch out for.

Keep it up and watch the Democrats lose more seats in the midterm elections allowing Bush to keep doing what he's doing at the expense of the American people.

What a pity some of you think by mocking the President you've accomplished something. Focus on real life, not your A.D.D. presented comedy acts.

Bush went to Iraq and has made it into a PR coup, both here and overseas. Iraq sees a partner now who came to see them face to face. You think that's a good thing in getting him and his cronies out of office? A move like this proves he's stupid?

Enough with stupid comments about bikes, monkeys etc. Either show genuine knowledge and concern about what is going on in the world around us or keep quiet.

After all, your pathetic complicity is the reason why Republicans control all 3 branches of government now.

Bush is stupid :giggle giggle:

Kerry's campaigned lost steam because it was reactionary only and had no idea how to be proactive. Looks like we have the same thing for the '06 midterms. What a damn shame.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Are you kidding me? How exactly is he in danger when only four or five of his closest cabinet members is even aware that he was making the trip? Besides that, he is nestled away safely inside the green zone, where the rest of the U.S troops are cowering. Yeah sure, George W. Bush...Danger seeker.

Must be hard to be an "International Playboy" while hiding out in "Antartica". I'll forward a copy of your remarks along with this site address to some of "the rest of the U.S troops". Some may like an opportunity to respond to your comment they are "cowering". Maybe you would like to visit a Marine base and say that in person, eh?

No matter what your political beliefs, attacking the troops is out of line. Are you a member of Al-Qaeda or the Taliban? Do you beat helpless women and blow up children so you can have sex with imaginary virgins in the afterlife?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Djarums

Everything Bush or any politician does is for a reason and for an agenda, nothing that they do is in the best interest of the people, nation or region but rather to gain and maintain ratings and votes.

Nothing more than political hypocrisy and occurs like I said before he needed to go and see Zarqawi death all for himself.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Come on people ... anyone who thinks this is anything other than a photo op has to be insanely naive. There was nothing said between the two parties (according to our great american media news sources ... heh) that couldn't be done over a telephone. Assuming we are really "committed to rebuilding Iraq" you would think that the leaders of our country would have probably talked to the Prime Minister in the past. Just a hunch.

Bush told the troops that he came to Baghdad "to look Prime Minister [al-]Maliki in the eyes to determine whether or not he is as dedicated to a free Iraq as you are -- and I believe he is."

Regardless of your political preferences, you have to admit that this is nothing more than a photo op to help (or ... try) to boost ratings. To be honest with you I don't think it's going to help much at all.

EDIT: sorry I didn't see marg6043's nearly-identical post above me!

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Must be hard to be an "International Playboy" while hiding out in "Antartica". I'll forward a copy of your remarks along with this site address to some of "the rest of the U.S troops". Some may like an opportunity to respond to your comment they are "cowering". Maybe you would like to visit a Marine base and say that in person, eh?

What is hard is seeing a blatant PR stunt actually being taken seriously at a site that is supposed to deny ignorance, even if only by a few. Sorry if it is hard to hear, but we all know that coalition forces stay behind the heavily fortified green zone, which is why Bush is there-- because it is safe. For you to try to deny this suggests that you have bought the propaganda, hook, line, and sinker.

No matter what your political beliefs, attacking the troops is out of line. Are you a member of Al-Qaeda or the Taliban? Do you beat helpless women and blow up children so you can have sex with imaginary virgins in the afterlife?

I do not see how my previous statement gave any clue as to my political beliefs. How did I attack the troops exactly? Sorry that I might not jump in line with the jingoistic "support our troops" mentality. No, wait, I am not sorry! I do not support our troops, I do not support illegal war, I do not support imperialism, and I am damn proud of it! If any foreign troops showed up here (yes I live in the good ol USA) to save me from Bush, they would be getting the exact same thing, so how can I blame the Iraqis? I say go Iraqis, drive the occupation forces out!

How is that for political beliefs?

Regardless of whether or not you agree with me, at least my original post dealt with the point of the thread. Can you say the same thing? Why don't you try staying on topic, and share your feelings with the rest of us, instead of just jumping in with sheite that has nothing to do with the topic? Do you think that this is a good move? Do you think it is sincere? Do you believe Bush is brave for this?

As for the rest of your nonsense, it is not even worth a reply...Now if you will excuse me, I have "helpless" women to beat, children to blow up, and imaginary virgins to prepare for.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Yet more proof that the Democrats are pathetic losers when they can't even sway the idiot public with their (obvious) intellect and logic.

You are a MODERATOR, Jesus!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

And what does this tell us about the democrats who aren't smart enough to outwit him?
He's either a genius or the democrats are dunce-school drop outs.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by dbates]

Perhaps we should ask what this says about Diebold.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Of course! Diebold hahahahahahahah

-- Boat

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I agree with some of the other members who say that this is just a PR move to boost his ratings with the general public. If he were really unafraid and showing a stance, this trip wouldn't have been so secret and unannounced. Of course by now I can really care less about what he does. I am at the point now where I worry about the next two-faced, homicidal lunatic that we give or steals the keys to the world, depending on what side of the fence you sit on.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

If he were really unafraid and showing a stance, this trip wouldn't have been so secret and unannounced.

It is not in the interest of the security of the United States and its leader to announce visits to unstable areas in advance.

"Hey people who hate me, I'll be in the remarkably unstable area of Iraq so if you want to take a potshot, now's the time."

Come on man...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

he is nestled away safely inside the green zone, where the rest of the U.S troops are cowering.

I do not see how my previous statement gave any clue as to my political beliefs. How did I attack the troops exactly?

See the first quote. That’s what I was responding to. Seems very clear to me.
Hate will consume you if you let it.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You know whats out of line? Attacking and threatening another member.Stop it.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1
I said he in inable to pronounce words correctly. That's a big difference. If he mispronounced "nuclear" once because he was nervous in front of a room full of demonspawn reporters, then I'd cut him a break, but there are several words (that one leaps to mind) that he mispronounces every time he uses them.

Interestingly enough, "inable" is not a word. I think you meant "unable." Perhaps he deserves a break after all? If not, I think it entirely fair to question (in no uncertain terms) your intelligence every time you post something. How about if several of us follow up each of your posts on this board with a critical analysis of your writing. I've got the degree to back it up, do you?

That said, I seriously doubt that this little piece of instruction will serve to change anyone's mind. Everybody just knows GW is an idiot. Therefore, they will continue to defend their name-calling, school-yard antics, all the while protesting that it would be unfair to label them idiots for their own mistakes.

Is that really a position you are comfortable with? Can you really justify that to yourself? I don't think I could. I don't find that lying to myself is a worthwhile use of my time.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Way to go George! You showed the back stabbing media who is boss. Wonder if they all started crying because you were not there for them to rip to shreds like they do all the time. They seemingly have nothing else to do but destroy people.. being so desperate to see their 'vision of the future' for the world implemented.

It makes sense to thank those people that really are going above the normal call of duty to serve their country and thank them in person.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Why would he lie? Is it dangerous for him to be in iraq?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join