It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water bans in the US?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Over here in the UK, we have something every summer that i find absoloutely fascinatating in a country that has crap weather most of the time. Water bans. Rules brought in saying that we can't use hosepipes, sprinklers and the likes due to shortage of water. Not all counties have to suffer this, but a fair few do.

Does this happen over in the US? I'm guessing the US has a lot hotter weather than we do most of the time, i'm just curious as to how your water authorities deal with this.

CX.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hey CX

You may be interested in haveing a read of this thread link

I think here in the UK this major hot weather is going to cause major water problems,

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
OH YES.

When i was a kid, California had a terrible draught in the 80's. We were on water rationing. Watering your lawns and garden was banned before 6 P.M. and you had a set limit of how much water you could use. If you went over that limit, they would come and shut your water off and fine you.

My family, when we took showers, would leave the plug in the bathtub drain when we took our daily showers. Water would collect in the bottom of the tub and after everyone had shopwered, we used the water on our flowers and garden. We, like many other people, let our lawns die.

So yeah, the U.S, has alot bigger draught areas and they do use water rationing.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Interesting part about the California 80's drought was that some people in Santa Barbara were painting their dead lawns green.

Probably happened in other towns, but Santa Barbara was pretty hard hit in the water supplies dept.

top topics

join