It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iraq Al-Qaeda Leader Named

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The president's approval rating sank to 33% from 35% last month in the CBS poll. Half of those polled think the level of violence in Iraq will be unchanged by Zarqawi's death, while 30% say it will lead to more attacks against U.S. forces -- and just 16% saying less.
Source

Well, maybe this is why we found out so much. Gallup's poll shows that Bush's ratings actually went down from Zarqawi's death. People don't feel that this will change much, while some believe this could agitate matters. So what do we do? We create Mr. Bogeyman number two, to keep working those numbers until they manage to do something right.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A few more links to follow up this story.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Red Golem, thank you for those additional links! I'm at the point now, especially after reading those two links that the US really has no clue on exactly what is going on with this character. Is he our new boogey man, or is he not? Why did these early reports come out, only for this to get even more confusing?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
The President of the United States has declared that al-Muhajir is one of those that "will be on our list to bring to justice.

I like the way Condi Rice put it, in a recent speech. To paraphrase her:

"When possible, we will bring these terrorists to justice.

When necessary, we will bring justice to these terrorists".

Gotta love her!
Way to go, Condi!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Well, maybe this is why we found out so much. Gallup's poll shows that Bush's ratings actually went down from Zarqawi's death.

That's total BS.

WASHINGTON — In the wake of terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's death, President Bush is seeing improvement in public confidence that the Iraq war is winnable, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll shows.
The new poll found that 48% believe the United States probably or definitely will win the war, up from 39% in April. It also found that 47% believe things are going well in Iraq, up from 38% in March.

The survey, taken Friday to Sunday and released Monday, also showed Bush's approval rating going up to 38% from 36% earlier this month and an all-time low of 31% in May. The poll news came as Bush and members of his Cabinet met at Camp David to discuss ways to help the recently formed government in Iraq.
www.usatoday.com...

Please don't post falsehoods just because you happen to hate Bush.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Unintended Consequences

Needless to say, this guy is now royally screwed.

Now his parents are going to kick him out of the house for sure!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Does this newest "terrorist" kingpin look like an 18 or 19 year old to anyone???

He does me!!! :shk:

I wonder if he's been out in the battlefield fighting the "cause" for long? They say he's a "seasoned" fighter....

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

That's total BS.
Please don't post falsehoods just because you happen to hate Bush.

My dear, I would ask for you not to accuse me of posting falsehoods. At the time of this posting that I made on the subject, the polls were in fact at 2 points lower. I would ask you not to accuse me of such things again, and pulling out another poll is not going to help you save face in the wake of these accusations. I forgot, anything that doesn't help the Bush fantasy-land is going to be bull.

We really need a "shakes head" emoticon!

*Edit - While I may make a posting at times that I discover is innaccurate, I always call it out when I am made aware. I do not appreciate being told that I am posting falsehoods just because it doesn't fit in your candyland world.

*Edit - I obviously can't spell, time for coffee.

[edit on 6/16/06 by niteboy82]

[edit on 6/16/06 by niteboy82]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join