It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would a bunch of arabs atack united states , what would be the reason?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by Xeros

Because it was probably the [censor circumvention removed] USA who did it to help dumb people think that Muslims are Dumber. Wake the heck up! It's obvious to me, unless i'm completely mad, but I'm prepered to accept opinions.

Thats your best response?

Sorry I'm tired and been drinking so I'm not on form and SportyMB - I don't have my head up anyones arse but I can voice my opinion even if I'm not in a fit state to act on it? At least that's better than nothing? After all discussion brings about change and separation brings about war. No>?

[edit on 6/13/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Pepsi,
Generally speaking when some one starts a war the reason is some one else has what the person starting the war wants.
Also generally speaking, the decishen to start a war is the wrong decishen to make.
Also generally speaking, wars are started by one or a very few people.

So applaying those statments to your questions, the last two would probably give you the best ansers.

As for the reason why, raw unabriged hatred of a charasmatic man is probably correct.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

The real fact this thread points out is that there was no reason to launch an attack that really had nothing to do with their goals against Israel or the corrupt muslim rulers like Sadi Arabia.

It just doesnt make sense.

And americas response was totally out of wack. Killing hundreds of thousands because of the comparitive few that died on one day. Its the same as saying american lives are worth more than anyone elses, and no one has the right to disagree.

First, hundreds of thousands is a figure totally off. Second, as an American citizen, I would hope that my government would consider me more important then a Russian or German or English citizen. And attacking the US has a direct relationship with our policies on Isreal. We support Isreal, we arm them, we enable them, and we would defend them. Therefore, they consider us an ally of thier mortal enemies, so we are a target. And as far as what they have to gain, not all motivation in the world is financial. UBL could have done it for fame, power, and the support of the muslim population. All of which he hs now. Or, he really might believe he is doing the work of his God, so nothing you or I can tell the guy will change his mind. The reasons are inconsequential really.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

Why then did you betray both Israel, England, France and your own country by taking/bribing the German scientists to come and work with you. Hmmmmmmmmm?
P.S I'll tell you why if you need any help.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

SportyMB - I don't have my head up anyones arse but I can voice my opinion even if I'm not in a fit state to act on it?

I didn't say anything about your head being up anyone's arse...I was talking about England and your PM, Mr. Blaire. And that was a question. I edited my post to be more specific.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

That's cool, Your right on that perspective. But 1500000 yes 1Million 500 thousand people didn't march through London in opposition to the Iraq war for nothing............. Or maybe they did lol.

P.S My dad used to work with Naveen Andrews (Sayid) He's a f'in good actor.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Xeros]

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazer

First, hundreds of thousands is a figure totally off. Second, as an American citizen, I would hope that my government would consider me more important then a Russian or German or English citizen.

I guess you'd believe the figure from your loving govt...wait, "we don't do body counts."

And, if you want to know how your govt feels about you, have a look at my sig and see what one of our "great leaders" has to say about you and me.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This attack was payback for the Gulf War. They wanted to bring freedom and democracy to Saudi Arabia and the entire Mid East, but the first Gulf War illustrates America will prevent this from happening so they decided to go for the head of the Beast.
With many historic events people have an "I was there mentality". Strangely with this event I never find people talking about how it was as it happened. Yet what excuses do you have? Weren't you paying attention at the time? What were your thoughts?
Right when it happened I knew they would blame Osama bin Laden and I knew that was BS. How can they get people to believe that someone living in a cave in Afghanistan could plan such an attack? The magical power of money, Osama is a millionaire, he can do anything. How can they believe the US military cant find him when every western reporter could find him. When did you first think there was a coverup. When it happened did you immediately think Bush was behind it so he could invade Afghanistan and build a pipeline through the Khyber Pass? I have thought Bush would invade Iraq since before he was president, and this attack delayed that.
So why the Arabs, didn't they blow it up the last time? They have plenty of reason to. No one else seems to have their track record and organisation. Those are the official facts, what else you got I know they did crash an airplane into a building, and later it collapsed. This building contained many important government institutions
What was it like when it happened? First there was the fire in the North tower, thats how the story began, how did this fire start? There were reports that a plane had flown into it but Mark said planes shouldn't be flying around there. Then there was the moment of revelation, suddenly all the questions were answered with a massive explosion when another plane crashed into the other tower! This was no accident. They had instant replay and it was hard to make out the plane as it hid among the clutter of buildings. It looked like a small commuter plane seating about 30, and it came from the north, but it wasn't until several days later that they started replaying the videos and then while reviewing them I noticed the inconsistancies. the plane aimed straight for the building and at the last moment it dived and veered slightly to the left to hit the corner of the building. I thought he had tried to knock the building but failed. It seemed he aimed at a sweet spot. Then I stopped watching because I thought the story was over and wanted to reflect on the enormity of the events and no listen to the platitudes of the TV commentators. So I missed out on the collapses, I really feel that but now 5 years later it seems as if I am the only person that has any personal recollection of these events even though we were all alive then and it was the only thing on TV. What am I to think? Were you all stuick in school or at work when this happened, dont you want to recall experiencing these events? My experience is that most events appear completely different when they happened then how they are recalled and later presented in retrospect. So to get the clearest impression of events you need to get them while they are fresh.
The irrefutable fact is that at least one airplane crashed into a building, so why not two or three. If not the Arabs then who else? Why would the US do this to themselves? They have been invading random countries and taking away freedom for years, there is no need. As for Afghanistan that is completely irrelevant, the reasons they invaded were to save a couple of prosyletizers, to get rid of an Islamic rule and they dont want countries hosting terrorists, even fake terrorists, the Taliban didn't know that. Sept 11 is the anniversary of the Chikean coup, maybe it was them, except they have never done anything like this so we are left with the usual suspects.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Past economic policies on the middle east region have led to this.

They rely on selling their natural resources (oil) to survive, and yet they get little money for it. It's we who profit from their resources.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Looter
This attack was payback for the Gulf War. They wanted to bring freedom and democracy to Saudi Arabia and the entire Mid East, but the first Gulf War illustrates America will prevent this from happening so they decided to go for the head of the Beast.

What is it you are calling freedom and democracy that the first gulf war was supose to bring to the reagon?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I wanted to know if 911 has a story to begin with, we talked about planes we talked about buildings colapse but did 911 had a reason to start, I can not picture some arabs that "hate the freedom" gathering up and planing an event such as this in a cave, maybe I'm wrong , who knows, but why would they really atack united states.

1 Bush and binladen family were partners in busines.
2 United states gave weapons to the talibans so they can fight the rusians off.
3 Bush didint like sadam, binladen didint either.
4 The talibans were in US right before 911 negotiating with the US administration for an oil pipe line.

It leads to the fact that they had common points, I cant imagine why would there be a sudden change in mentality,where would this idea come from that they had to attack united states?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
I can not picture some arabs that "hate the freedom" gathering up and planing an event such as this in a cave, maybe I'm wrong , who knows, but why would they really atack united states.

I can picture this, it's been going on for years. 9/11 only put Islamic extremism in the spotlight.

I cant imagine why would there be a sudden change in mentality,where would this idea come from that they had to attack united states?

There was not a change in mentality, just a change in tactic...a better tactic on their part...well at the time it was. And it comes from many years of being brainwashed into believing that they are doing the work of God, when in fact they are doing the work of the rich, who want to be richer.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Are you really sure that you want REAL TRUTH?
Go To: Infowars.com, Prison Planet.com and Prison Planet .TV.
Alex Jones, independent journalist, tells it like it is. Don't expect the truth to be BLISSFUL, HAPPY OR JOYFUL. For a very small subscription fee to Prison Planet TV (yearly dues), you can download a large variety of documentaries by Alex Jones and numerous others. I am considerably more aware, now that I am a subscriber, than I was before. The documentaries contain expert testimony by highly reputable, recognized sources.
In short, the answer to your question?
MONEY, GREED, PROFIT, PROFIT, PROFIT, FASCIST CONTROL, NEW WORLD ORDER, POLICE STATE, PROFIT, PROFIT, PROFIT !

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I wanted to know if 911 has a story to begin with, we talked about planes we talked about buildings colapse but did 911 had a reason to start, I can not picture some arabs that "hate the freedom" gathering up and planing an event such as this in a cave, maybe I'm wrong , who knows, but why would they really atack united states.

1 Bush and binladen family were partners in busines.
2 United states gave weapons to the talibans so they can fight the rusians off.
3 Bush didint like sadam, binladen didint either.
4 The talibans were in US right before 911 negotiating with the US administration for an oil pipe line.

It leads to the fact that they had common points, I cant imagine why would there be a sudden change in mentality,where would this idea come from that they had to attack united states?

Pepsi,
I will stand by what I said earlier. But as to where the hatred comes in does have a little history behind it. I did rember hearing on a news cast that after Sadom invaded Kuweite, I know thats not the spelling, OBL and US diplomats met with the king of Saudia Arabia. OBL said he could exspell Sadam with gurrallia tacticts and Terror, and the US said it could be done our way. OBL was angry that the US would be allowed near the sacred places. And just after that was when he began building his net work in erenest. He was kicked out of syeria before going to Afganastan. It was a bad decishen for Afganastan to let him in also. And I will stand by the statments that I made above.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This topic smells fishy.

Something is not right about you, pepsi78.

This site has long since been breached.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Pepsi, just from the top of my head...

US weren't supporting Taleban against USSR for the very simple reason Taleban came to existence in 1994
ANd it profiled itself AGAINST various Mujaheddin fractions locked in a power struggle. Most of Mujaheddins (sponsored beforehead by the US) effectively ended up in opposition to Taleban.

And Taleban doesn't equal Al Q, it just allowed them to use Afghanistan as a base, thus Taleban leaders won't have to know about the 0911 beforehead.

Oh and for anyone claiming "it was reaction to Bush policies", who was in charge in 1995 when op Bojinka was uncovered?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Oh, hang on................. Justification for war in Iraq? Remind me, I forgot. Religious fanatics with technology and Christianity always win over poverty and Muslims. Yes well I'll just sit back in my big comfy fu****g chair and pretend I know it all. And probably W*** off to Bill O'reilly D****face. AAAAAAAAAmerica!
Give me and the rest of the world a break.

Um, you assume much, which you know what they say about assumptions. it makes an ASS out of you and.....well, its making an ass out of YOU.

Did I say I support the war in Iraq? Hm? No. Did I say I support the Christian right? Hm? No. In fact, you pulled your little diatribe right out of your rear.

Since the subject is why a group of Arabs would attack the U.S., I was giving reasons why. Religous fanatics are seldom rational regardless of their creed.

No where did I say the war in iraq was justified. But just because I don't believe the war is ok doesn't mean I think the Muslim nuts are in anyway innocent victims.

So kindly stuff your juvinile sanctimonious ranting where the sun don't shine, and don't make assumptions that will make you out to be a raving idiot.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

"why would a bunch of arabs atack united states on 911"

Because the radicals subscribe to this quote from their Qur'an -

"Fight and slay the Unbelievers wherever ye find them. Seize them,
beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war."
Qur'an, Sura 9:5

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tuccy
Pepsi, just from the top of my head...

US weren't supporting Taleban against USSR for the very simple reason Taleban came to existence in 1994
ANd it profiled itself AGAINST various Mujaheddin fractions locked in a power struggle. Most of Mujaheddins (sponsored beforehead by the US) effectively ended up in opposition to Taleban.

So what are you saying that binladen had a double role, he was involved in the afgan war against the rusians with the mujahadines that were against the talibans, and with the talibans, take russia, theather and school it was the same people that were fighting the rusians off eyars ago.
Talibans with stinger rockets
ohh well where did they get them from, it's the same people, same faces.
One thing matters , the US suported osamma directly.

And Taleban doesn't equal Al Q, it just allowed them to use Afghanistan as a base, thus Taleban leaders won't have to know about the 0911 beforehead.

But their alied and that makes it the same.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavantMK
This topic smells fishy.

Something is not right about you, pepsi78.

This site has long since been breached.

Huh?! Who what where wha...?! How can you say that about a person asking an honest question? What's not right about Pepsi78!?
What does it mean to "breach a site"?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join