It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Final Disclosure Petition

page: 1

join
share:
DSO

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I heard about this a while back and an curious to find out more. Apparently a former defense minister has started a petition to force the governemnt to disclose information on UFO's and aliens. it woudl be interesting to see this go though and finally get some answers, but i'm not holding my breath. Any more infomation would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE
The person was former defense minister Paul Hellyer, and he wishes to hold senate hearings on UFOs and Alien civilizations. he also stated publicly that they are real. unfortunitly i lost the link where i found this information.

PS this thread should be moved to Aliens/UFO section.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by DSO]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
sounds interesting, I guess hes qas in a position where he would know. Any links for more info?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Wikipedia has a very good article on Paul Hellyer.
A clip from the entry.

In early September 2005, Hellyer made headlines by publicly announcing that he believed in UFOs. On September 25, 2005, he was an invited speaker at an exopolitics conference in Toronto where he told the audience that he had seen a UFO one night with his late wife and some friends. He said that though he discounted the experience at the time, he had kept an open mind to it. He said that he started taking the issue much more seriously after watching ABC's Peter Jennings' UFO special in February 2005.

EDIT: I put a "Paul Hellyer" tag at the bottom of this thread that you can click for other ATS threads on this subject.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I wonder what the ramifications would be, I don't see the media playing this out very well, or the people taking it in well. I've always considered what might happen if something like this were to happen.. more fear than acceptance..?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If Canada were to disclose information then I think that might be a first for our part of the world. I really hope so, but somehow I think it'll end up like the US with not much accomplished. I honestly hope he can pull it off. The ramifications might be good in that perhaps if a solid finger were pointed at the good ol' US we might allow more information out. This will be worth waiting to see how it pans out.

top topics

join