It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ticonderoga-class cruiser Smart Ship upgrades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused about the upgrades the ships of the class have went through since 1996. I've seen photographs of the bridge, for example. Was the bridge made smaller, reflecting the fact that now at most just four people stand watch on the bridge at a time?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I imagine you wouldn't see a reduction in the actual size of the bridge, that's expensive structural work. More likely just a reduction in the number of duty stations on the bridge, and some consolidation of their functions.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If your wondering about weaponary globalsecurity.org is usually a good place to start. Here is a link regarding the Ticonderoga class cruiser.

Link

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I imagine you wouldn't see a reduction in the actual size of the bridge, that's expensive structural work. More likely just a reduction in the number of duty stations on the bridge, and some consolidation of their functions.

The picture isn't so great, but it looks like they moved the rear wall of the bridge right up near the front windows where the new RASCAR consoles are and where the OOD stands watch during combat.

new topics

top topics

join