It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S fears N korea missle test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
According to the financial times:
US fears North Korea missile test

North Korea is preparing for a possible test of an intercontinental ballistic missile with the potential to hit the US, according to Washington officials.
A senior official said there were “enough indications” to suggest that Pyongyang was getting ready to fire a Taepodong-2 missile from a launch pad in eastern North Korea. It would be the Stalinist state’s first test of a longer-range missile since 1998 when Pyongyang generated an international crisis by unexpectedly firing an intermediate-range Taepodong-1 over Japan.

Test preparations are far more advanced than on previous occasions when North Korea appeared to be gearing up for a launch. The Taepodong-2 is a two, or three, stage “integrated” missile. The three-stage version consists of a solid-fuel booster rocket strapped atop a Scud missile attached in turn to a short-range Nodong missile

Pretty interesting read...here is the full article: U.S fears N Korea Missle test
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what are your thoughts? do you think this missle "test" really isnt a test at all?
I for one am not sure. i'd like to think that nothing bad would happen, just as im sure we all would. on the other hand kim jong il is a complete lunatic so what his future actions might be are pretty hard to predict.

Cheerio!
Digitalgrl

EDIT: i forgot to add the link

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They wouldn't even mess with trying to hit a US city. The only chance they would have is an EMP. But I'm sure the first launch would be a test anyway. I don't think they would waste one of their precious nuke's on an untested missile.

A successful test of an ICBM would be a huge turning point though! Up's the ante quite a bit.

join