It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't gays keep long relationships

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Majic

Originally posted by cashlink
Anyway I would like to hear why gay men can't keep a long relationship!

Who says they can't?

Heck, who says they should!

And, why does anyone care?

Just wanted to add to that because I think people are obsessed with gay relationships these days. When are people going to realize that gay relationships are just like straight relationships??? They date, they fall in love, they make commitments, they break up, they cheat, they find someone new, they have children, they want all the same things we do.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
I think that was very selfish of your uncle lover, he should have under stood.

I can't say I blame him really. I mean, if I was in a relationship and my boyfriend would not tell his family about me and we had to always hide the fact we were dating and say we were just 'friends', I would get frustrated. I don't think I would want to stay in that relationship very long if I felt ashamed of.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
abbyful My partner would not tell his parents,at first I got frustrated for a while.
But I eventually I got over it.
He told me that they do not understand about homosexuality. and they have in the pass made nasty remarks about homosexuals.
And of course they are very religious and been gay is forbidding, it is not aloud to be disgust in their house.
Well a few years back his brother got mad at him, and told his mom & dad.
[ nice brother] really some piece of work.
Anyway all H.LL broke loose, the venom that came out of his mom mouth, could make a drunken salor go in shock!!
Not her son, oh no her son was not gay!!!! I was the sick twisted nut job that MADE her son do eveil things LOL.
She told him to throw me out of OUR house and sell the house and move back home with them.
His mom said she would pay for the best doctors to make him well again LOL.
they did not speak to one another for 2 years till recently.
It was only till one of his family member got involve and told his mother that you dont throw your son away because you dont like what he has done with his life.
He told her he not a little boy anymore [ my god he is 50 years old ] He told her that she had cross the line.
Anyway they talk but it is alway short and my name is not to be said.
Anyhow I stould with my spouse through all this I love him Not his parents
There Gay issues are his parents, not his or mine.
Anyway this is the short version of this story LOL.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
just want to get this thred up and running again lol

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My favorite Uncle is gay and he and his partner have been together for nearly 45 years. I guess they are right for each other. Some people can't handle that. He's been butchered by most of my family over the years, but all in all I still support him and his partner not for being just gay but because they are the men they are. I am not one to condemn gay people. I will always love and admire my uncle because he had the courage to "come out" even when it was not popular and that was in 1968.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I know a gay couple that have been together for 20 years and both of the blokes are very happy together. Gay folk are just like other folk. They can have a relationship with whoever they want. I'm sure there are loads of gay couples who have lasted for 20+years or so. It's just a matter of actually looking, not blinded by ignorance.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I went to a gay bar in charlotte NC with my partner, and saw a lot of old gay men
sitting by thier self looking very sad.
These men where in their 50s and 60s years of age. I wonder if they cant find anyone to share their life with,or they do not want to seatle down.
I did see a few couples that were together, but some of the couples were mingleing
with a few wild single men.
I think they where looking to have a three way.
I guess what I am trying to say is not all gay men are wild and starveing for sex.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
im so pleased by what i have read in this post....i have become a bit dissappointed....most of people have discouraged me a bit about gay relationships...i would like to ask you if you believe that two gay persons could spend their lives together and if you consider possible to find someone who youd like to share your life when youre young(i mean 20s-30s)i believed that both could happened but i have become a bit confused from aspects i have heard,id like to hear your opinion....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join