It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Vows Qassam Offensive!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hamas has step up it's offensive against israel vowing to send more rocket attacks on Israeli civilian and strategic locations. As many as 30 missiles land on Sderot Sunday evening as part of the escalating war against israel.

www.debka.com
Another 5 missiles land on Sderot Sunday evening after Hamas vows to intensify its Qassam offensive against Israel. So far, 30 missiles land on Israel town Sunday

June 11, 2006, 10:48 PM (GMT+02:00)

Opposition NRP called on PM Olmert to postpone his European tour and deal with escalating Hamas war offensive which has loosed dozens of Qassam missiles from Friday.

Earlier Sunday, four Sderot civilians were injured, one, Yonathan Angel, seriously, in five hits as the Hamas military arm threatened to make Sderot a ghost town. The Israeli air force rocketed a Hamas-Jihad Islami missile team, killing two members. Mayor Eli Moyal closed the town’s schools amid rising demands to evacuate the town’s 20,000 inhabitants. He charged that the IDF is using only 5% of its resources to stop the barrage of Qassam missiles, after 58 hit town in three days. Several Qassams also exploded at the nearby Sapir college of Shaar Hanegev, damaged more schools and and a factory in Ashkelon’s industrial zone north of the Gaza Strip

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If anyone wondered if hamas were going to change their tactics once they were the controlling political party at the head of the palastinian government. The latest events should serve a notice to all that the escalating violence is our answer to this question. One has to wonder at the logic in giving back gaza to a people sworn to your destruction, in any case the situation at hand seems destine for continued struggle and violence.

Related News Links:
www.ynetnews.com

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I am simply in a state of complete confusion here.

Hamas is launching attacks on Israel. Hamas is the political party in charge of the Palestinian Authority, and the Palestinian Authority is more or less the govenrment of the palestinian 'state'.

So Palestine is at war with Israel now, right? Israel can, say, bomb their equivalent of parliament and assasinate palestinian government officials now, right?

Here is a NYT article on it too:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
At this juncture I think it is only the morality (or lack of it) of the Israeli's that keeps the Palestinians relatively safe. The Israelis would seem to be fully justified in taking the war to the Palestinians if they wanted to.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Astronomer70]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer70
The Israelis would seem to be fully justified in taking the war to the Palestinians if they wanted to.[edit on 12-6-2006 by Astronomer70]

The Hamas is shelling the Israelis in retalliation for killing the Palestinian family who were picnicing on a beach. IMO I think the Palestinian's have a right to.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

The Israelis would seem to be fully justified in taking the war to the Palestinians if they wanted to.[edit on 12-6-2006 by Astronomer70]

The Hamas is shelling the Israelis in retalliation for killing the Palestinian family who were picnicing on a beach. IMO I think the Palestinian's have a right to.

Which is, of course, in retailiation for the constant rocket attacks that are coming from them. You failed to realize this or at the very least didn't bother to state it. You are SSOOO worred about the palestinians unintentional death as opposed to the palestinian's INTENTION targeting of civillians.

I do agree with a previous poster, since these attacks are coming from the government of there's, or at the very least, being tollerated/accepted by them. Yes, daily rocket attackes sure seems like a declaration of war to me.
I would personally LOVE if Israel declared war on them and simplely "removed " the terrorists that sit in thier gov buildings.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

IMO I think the Palestinian's have a right to.

Sure, of course they have a right to fight. The Yehudis also have a right to fight, invade, occupy, and destroy, so....thats where we are. Heck, AT LEAST that beach incident was an error, they were firing upon a position that was used to fire at the israelis, and some of the rounds hit the wrong people.

IMAGINE if the yehudis used the same tactics as Hamas, ramping up to their highest capacity to bomb kill as many civilians as possible.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Israel can, say, bomb their equivalent of parliament and assasinate palestinian government officials now, right?

The Israelis do that any way, what difference does it make what Hamas does?

Lets face it, Israel's actions are warcrimes and genocide.

Also what is a "yehudis"? All I can find is that "Yehudi Lights" are used to brighten the dark silhouettes of warplanes against a night sky.

[edit on 12/6/06 by subz]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Also what is a "yehudis"? All I can find is that "Yehudi Lights" are used to brighten the dark silhouettes of warplanes against a night sky.

I was going to ask the same thing. I assume it's some silly name for Israeli.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Which is, of course, in retailiation for the constant rocket attacks that are coming from them. You failed to realize this or at the very least didn't bother to state it. You are SSOOO worred about the palestinians unintentional death as opposed to the palestinian's INTENTION targeting of civillians.

I didn't fail to realize anything. I have not read that anywhere. Please enlighten me and post where you read that the Isrealis were shelling in retalliation for 'constant rocket attacks'. I only read that Israel is still investigating the incident and perhaps thought it was an errant shell... not necessarily in retaliation for anything.

I'm not defending any of this. This whole thing goes way beyond this incident. However, if it were my family and they were 'accidentally' killed, I'd want my government to defend me and my family as well.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by mecheng]

[edit on 12-6-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I was going to ask the same thing. I assume it's some silly name for Israeli.

It means jews/jew/jewish in arabic

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

IMAGINE if the yehudis used the same tactics as Hamas, ramping up to their highest capacity to bomb kill as many civilians as possible.

Does anyone know how many people have died from these offensive massive Qassam Rocket Attacks?

Is it thousands, or millions maybe?

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Malichai]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What is the point of that bottle?..... just curious

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I had hoped this might have stoped.
It now seems that it has not. Very sad really.

There will probably be a lot more hapening now in the near future. Best wishes to all those who are there.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What your kidding me? Israeli artillery just killed eight civilians on a beach a few days ago and they assasinated the Gaza Senior security chief last week? Hamas called off the truce after the civilians were assasinated by an "errant shell".

I am not going to defend Hamas, but Israel already made the first move at ending the truce when they assasinated a senior Hamas government official last week. Amazingly Hamas did not call of the truce at that time. It was when their civilians were killed unjustifiably that they became pretty upset.

Now I do agree Israel could just move in to Gaza and reoccupy and squash all the resistance without a probblem. But then the problem just continues with battles in Israeli occupid terriory. I don't believe they have even managed to take out a single tank in the past though, I just do not see why these people continue to fight. Tanks, precision air strikes, advanced artillery,, the people have no hope against that. They all need to just lay down arms and try at peace.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
What is the point of that bottle?..... just curious

Its not a bottle, its a Qassam Rocket.

Or at least a representation of one.

Point being that it is a tiny antiquated weapon without guidance, and I dont remember ever hearing of anyone getting killed by one.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The Israelis do that any way, what difference does it make what Hamas does?

Not much, except that if Hamas is actually attacking the yehudis, and is the actual government of palestine, then the yehudis can just withdraw what they have granted to the Palestinians, their government. The Palestinian Authority only exists because the israelis have granted it its very existence. They are under occupation, they're not a soverign people.

Lets face it, Israel's actions are warcrimes and genocide.
Bollocks. If they israelis wanted to exterminate the palestinians, they would kick them and the other arabs out of israel proper and into the occupied territory, herd them into camps, and begin executing them. Thats not whats happening, they are permited to come into israel proper to work and live, and, while they've formed their own refugee camps, there's clearly no attempt at extermination going on.

Also what is a "yehudis"?

They're all like yehuuuudd issssroy ellllllll , hence, yehudi .

stumason
I assume it's some silly name for Israeli.

Bingo.

mecheng
However, if it were my family and they were 'accidentally' killed, I'd want my government to defend me and my family as well.

You'd want your government to protect you? You wouldnt' grab a gun and start shooting at the soliders?

Wouldn't you join your nation's army as it went to war with the enemy?

But the 'nation' of palestine isn't doing that. Its politicians are sending other peopel to engage in political suicide attacks to maintain the status quo, while not exposing themselves to much risk. Instead of raising an army and going to war with israel, they're sitting there, doing nothing, or sending murderers out to specifically target and kill civilians.

If I was a palestinian, I'd be pretty damned pissed at Hamas, Fatah, Arafat, and the other arab leaders for leaving me in the dust to be oppressed by some foreign bastards.

Malichai
that it is a tiny antiquated weapon without guidance

Considering taht the yehudis fire with automatic weapons when people throw rocks at tanks, they're definitly going to respond when actual rockets are shot at them.

And, what are you trying to say, that, because Hamas wants to kill israeli citizens, and is trying to, but just isn't very good at it, that therefore the yehudis shouldnt' respond????

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I didn't fail to realize anything. I have not read that anywhere. Please enlighten me and post where you read that the Israelis were shelling in retaliation for 'constant rocket attacks'. I only read that Israel is still investigating the incident and perhaps thought it was an errant shell... not necessarily in retaliation for anything.

breakingnews.iol.ie...

The Palestinian government’s security chief, a key player in rocket attacks on Israel, was killed late yesterday in an Israeli air strike.......Abu Samadana, leader of the small PRC faction, was an explosives expert and a suspect in the fatal 2003 bombing of a US convoy in the Gaza Strip.

Way to go Hamas, promote a leader that is the leader of the PRC which are responsible for the majority of the recent rocket attacks into Israel.

seattletimes.nwsource.com... ml

Israeli artillery fire targeting the northern Gaza Strip on Friday killed at least seven Palestinian civilians and wounded 30 others, Palestinian hospital officials and witnesses said......Israel's military is under increasing public pressure to put a stop to the menacing, near-daily rocket fire by Palestinian guerrillas inside Gaza, which Israeli artillery and air strikes have failed to do....
The beach shelling occurred roughly an hour after an Israeli airstrike killed three Palestinian gunmen who had fired a rocket into southern Israel, the military said.

There is enough blame on both sides. Israel for not having better spotting of targets they were striking. The Palestinian Authority has not done it's part from stopping rocket attacks from Gaza that fire indiscriminately into Israel. To merely shrug their shoulders, turn a blind eye and say "were trying" isn't going to cut it with Israel and the Palestinians know it. If it escalates, there should be no doubt as to who will have the upper hand if it comes down to another Israeli incursion into Gaza. Another sad chapter in an already long sad book is about to occur I fear.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It seems that the palestinian leadership, no surprise, is falling into internal power struggles, rather than carry on the 'war' or 'struggle' against the 'evil isrealis'.

www.nytimes.com...

Violence Erupts Between Fatah and Hamas

Hundreds of Palestinian security personnel loyal to the Palestinian leader, Mahmoud Abbas, went on a rampage Monday night in the West Bank town of Ramallah, attacking the parliament and cabinet buildings controlled by his rivals in the Hamas-led government.

This is all in response to moves for a 'peace' referendum by Abbas faction, opposed by the Hamas faction.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I am not going to defend Hamas, but Israel already made the first move at ending the truce when they assasinated a senior Hamas government official last week. Amazingly Hamas did not call of the truce at that time. It was when their civilians were killed unjustifiably that they became pretty upset.

Hey but they said they were sorry on both accounts. I guess that was supposed to make it all better. Obviously they have been trying to goad the Palestinains for a while now since after Hamas was voted in they were keeping to the truce and obviously making them look bad as far as them constantly accusing them of being a terrorist group that wasn't terrorizing , If the truce had kept up, sooner or later they would have been forced to lift the economic embargo and release the monthly taxes to them, which they definitly didn't want to happen. Dealing with Abbas and not Hamas was also another strategy to cause internal conflict as well. An Israeli PM threatened to have Hamas leaders assassinated recently too.

I just love the Mossad motto "By way of deception, thou shalt do war".

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

There is enough blame on both sides. Israel for not having better spotting of targets they were striking. The Palestinian Authority has not done it's part from stopping rocket attacks from Gaza that fire indiscriminately into Israel. To merely shrug their shoulders, turn a blind eye and say "were trying" isn't going to cut it with Israel and the Palestinians know it. If it escalates, there should be no doubt as to who will have the upper hand if it comes down to another Israeli incursion into Gaza. Another sad chapter in an already long sad book is about to occur I fear.

Pavil
You are right it is from both sides, but how can you blame the ineffectiveness of the PA if basically they are broke and unable to even pay government workers?
Fuel comes from israel, so if they need gas for government vehicles and can't pay for it what should they use? Remember when they bombed the PA headquarters and trashed half of their arms and vehicles? The same crap happened. How can they fight terrorists if they have nothing to fight them with? If I make you a sheriff but I don't give you a gun, and I blow up your jail, and I kill 1/2 your deputies,a car with no gas and no financial budget, will you be effective?

Pie

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join