It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards a Front Runner already ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was watching the Sunday morning show with George Steppinalloverus, and he presented some numbers that I couldn't believe.

He suggested that John Edwards, aka; John "the only job I never quit was suing doctors" Edwards, was already in the lead in polls ahead of Hillbillary.

Surely there is someone better in the democrat lineup than the "half-termer" Senator from the south. His whole claim to fame other than having a bunch of support from trial lawyers financing his way downtown, is being a Senator, and he chucked that job and threw it back in the face of his electing constituents, in order to make his VP bid in the last election. (Ok, his other claim to fame is making millions and millions and millions suing doctors and jacking up our insurance costs and putting perfectly good doctors out of business)

Methinks the repubs are gonna have an easy-in on the next election, no doubt.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Lets not forget he is working class and is actively involved in the fight against poverty

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Actually I watched a broadcast that had Hilary ahead for the dem slot. Personally I'm hoping for a strong 3rd party platform to give us a choice. I'm tired of more of the same politics.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Edwards would be a better candidate then Hillary. If the Dems nominate hillary they would gift the election to the Republicans by a landslide.
Dose anybody think that the Dems are that stupid ?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So far I'm afraid there are no candidates that I'm enthusiastic about. I agree nominating Hiliary would just about give the election to the Republicans who also don't seem to have a decent candidate. Bring on the 3rd party.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
newhavenadvocate.com...:131434

It's Edwards because the worst they could come up with during the last go-round was that he had made a lot of money as a trial lawyer. The Katrina effect negates that. The lawsuits rolling out of New Orleans are imminent, are unavoidable, are a third rail for any politician who dare speak against them; in 2004, Bush could run a gotcha game on Edwards for profligate megabucks lawsuits, but that won't fly in 2008, when half the city of New Orleans will likely be suing the governmentlocal, state, federalfor neglect on a monstrously catastrophic level. If anything, Edwards' former gig has morphed from red-herring liability to an outright strength.

*SNIP*

Edwards will no doubt suffer the slings and arrows of the "pro-business" bulls of the airwaves, who are ever at the ready to deploy the "class war" charge against anyone who dares speak of raising the minimum wage. And, with his dangerous policy of Empowering Poor Blacks, Edwards will have to steer clear of being lumped in with the likes of Louis Farrakhan, fresh off his Millions More March moment, whose message about class and race in America is essentially the same as Edwards' (minus the unsavory Farrakhan rap about Jewish people).

Just abouot anyone the dems trot out will be someone I dislike, but I guess he's better than Hillabill.
Not that any republicans excite me :shk:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cammon guys to me Edwards would make the best President we've had ina LONG time and thats coming from a Conservative Republican. To me Johnny boy seems to be the only canidate we have seen recently to not be a stringed puppet, he seems to be a strait forward honest guys. I havent heard of him being in any NWO think tanks and thats rare here on ATS. Hes a democrat from the south which gives him a huge advantage over a northern Democrat, if Edwards wins primarys hes ganna bring the American dream back.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
ProjectChaos, not everyone is please with John Edwards.

Please see some of the articles regarding his law career.
news.findlaw.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
ProjectChaos, not everyone is please with John Edwards.

Please see some of the articles regarding his law career.
news.findlaw.com...

He fought those cases representing the little guy. Not sure I see your point. Anyway, is Edwards going to stand? I thought he was finished with politics.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Unless the age of a candidate is a factor the smart Dems will avoid the 2008 ticket. Any non Republican candidates are better off if they take a step back and watch how things unfold in Iraq. If Iraq falls over like a pack of cards the Dems will have plently of traction and anyone who didnt vote for the war wont be accused of being weak on national security.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Unless the age of a candidate is a factor the smart Dems will avoid the 2008 ticket. Any non Republican candidates are better off if they take a step back and watch how things unfold in Iraq. If Iraq falls over like a pack of cards the Dems will have plently of traction and anyone who didnt vote for the war wont be accused of being weak on national security.

Be wary of inserting your own attitudes into the general public's mind. Not that many people consider opposition to the war in Iraq to indicate that a person is weak on national security, although apparently you do.

Bush's poll rating are in the Marianas Trench somewhere. If not now for Democrats to retake the government, when?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Where is Barrack Obama standing in all this? Has he decided that he won't run? Last I heard it was still a maybe.

fingers crossed....

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
rizla says:

"He fought those cases representing the little guy. Not sure I see your point.
"

When the "little guy" gets a $3 million settlement, John Edwards gets a million as his share. Do five or six of those cases a year, and you'll see where Edwards' interest lies!

[edit on 11-7-2006 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
John Edwards, the "Breck Boy". He just doesn't have enough expertise to run the country, imo. But if I had to choose between him and John Kerry, he'd get my vote if for no other reason than the lesser of two evils.

Barack Obama. Very promising Democrat, but I have this sneaky feeling that the other party has a lot of skeleton closets that they will dump on him if he should ever announce to run.

Joe Biden has also been making noises about running.

It will be interesting to watch who emerges as frontrunners.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Two Steps Forward

Be wary of inserting your own attitudes into the general public's mind. Not that many people consider opposition to the war in Iraq to indicate that a person is weak on national security, although apparently you do.

You have added 2+2 and gotton 5. The Republican spin machine would potray any candidate that didnt support Gulf War 2 as being weak on national security. I never said that I agree with the Republican spin machine.

Bush's poll rating are in the Marianas Trench somewhere. If not now for Democrats to retake the government, when?

When the Dems put foward a plans to deal with issue that people face very day the cost of living e.t.c .
The Dems need a candidate who will run on more then just one platform without his war record Kerry fell flat.

new topics

top topics

join