It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we ARE alone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
We are not alone.

There is life everywhere.

We are as aware of the life around us as a red blood cell is to the life around it.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
All alone in a universe of titanic cataclysms and voiceless rocks, with the crushing weight of infinity on our shoulders. It would be more than mankind can bear. Why else do we populate the skies with gods and angels, the earth with demons and sprites?

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
I already believe in One God who also created the angels. Demons as fallen angels. That those demons and fallen angels can manifest themselves to us any way they want to appear to us.

Humanity cannot stand being alone. If we were forced to believe that we were, most of us would go mad.

Originally posted by JebusSaves
If we are the only 'life' then would that be possible use of the Faiths as a means to 'prove' there is a God, as if God didnt exist, Life would be almost a certainty on other planets, somewhere.

This brings us to the crux of the matter. If Earth were alone in hosting intelligent life, Earth would return, metaphysically speaking, to the centre of the universe. Anthropocentricity would be back in fashion, along with all the deities and fairytales it spawned in its heyday. Science and rationality would crumble; God and his Angels would return in force. A new Age of Faith would arise, founded upon despair. Eventually, despair would undermine faith and civilization would collapse.

Luckily, we shall never be able to prove conclusively that we are alone beneath an empty sky. Hopes for the existence of other intelligent life will remain for as long as some portion of the cosmos remains unexplored; in other words, for ever.

Originally posted by St Udio
It could mean that the Genesis account was not written as an overview of history.
But rather as a Prophetic roadmap of the humans future.

This wonderfully chilling idea is possibly the most original thing I have ever read on ATS. I salute you and encourage you to develop it further.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
While I should have been revising for my religion exam I was instead thinking of this and then I thought how it would affect religion.

I believe those who say that there must be aliens because something so big couldn't have only one form of sentient life, would be rewarded with a big "So...you were wrong and God really did make this universe just for us....embarassing isn't it?"

However I also suspect that in the future we would see entire worlds devoted entirely to one religion (We hope you enjoy your stay on Christianity-1).
Which would mean that religious conflict would become extremely large scale. Biological attacks and nuclear attacks would become more widely used as theres no threat of permanently wiping out our homes. We can always move on.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
good question.

What i truely belive is, that humanity will continue to search until we find life... this seems the ultimate purpouse of life! We will continue seeking ultin we have gone through the entire universe(okay this Galaxy), and if were done searching and were truely sure we are alone... we wont just sit here, i believe, well truely become god, we wouldnt just stand being alone and we would seed the galaxy, create our own lifeforms. Its realistic, think about it!

religion, sorry, but i think its already outdated, we can see beyond our little blue sky, there is much more to await for than getting to heaven etc, its just ludricouse really. Its just a matter of time before religion, well as we know it, will dissappear.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by ch1le]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hehe... If so, then I want my own planet!

The question at this point is more: How do we get beyond the boundaries of our own solar system?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
/\ I actually think the question is how do we get enough material off this planet to LEO, from there we can get to most places, take it centuries or not. For interplanetary movements we have ion engines... good enough.

At first when NASA released their replacement plans for the shuttle i was furious! A stepback, I yelled. But after some research, it seems clear to me its the right way, just send bulk up there, you dont need a fancy plane for god sakes =)
Ehh sorry for offtopic

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join