It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't See A Members Posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I logged on this morning and noticed that I can't see any entries by member,
TristanBW9456. I checked my settings and I have no one on my ignore list. Is anyone else having this problem? Can TristanBW9456 see himself? Can anybody else see TristanBW9456?

Any help would be appreciated.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The most likely reason is that the member is on Global Ignore. Sometimes members do Bad Things, but not bad enough for a banning. So as a Time Out they get put on Global Ignore. You can see that they post, but you can't see the post until they're taken off the GI.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Here??

Don't know if that's what you're looking for.

And ta Zaph, I didn't know what GI was. ('Bad Things' with caps? :lol

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Mothers Of The Disappeared

As Zaphod58 pointed out, sometimes members are put on Global Ignore (GI) while we work out some problems.

It can seem a bit odd, especially in threads started by members on global ignore, but that's just a side-effect of this administrative tool.

In general, we use GIs when a member is on a "tear" or otherwise has made one or more posts that violate the T&C in some significant fashion.

Global Ignores allow us to work things out with a member in a way that hopefully allows them to post what they want (consistent with the T&C) while minimizing drama and unnecessary disruption.

GIs are NOT used to stifle candid opinions or free expression. We use them only when we see a legitimate need supported by the T&C and try to remove them as soon as we can.

As for the details in this case, I won't comment, other than to say that I'm hopeful we'll get this all straightened out soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thanks for your help people. I had not heard of the GI before this.

Feel free to lock this thread.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Threadlocks, Mon!

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
Feel free to lock this thread.

Well, since we're talking about mod stuff, I try to avoid locking threads unless there's a good reason -- the most common being a that it's duplicate thread, for which I'll provide a link to the original thread.

But I don't see a need to lock this one. If ATSers want to talk about this, it's fine.

I mean hey, this is BQ&B after all.

top topics

join